v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

What's the point in have him on the bench the last 2 games tho travel all the way to London to not even come on when he Could of played for the under 23s and get mins in a competitive match? 

I don’t think you understand what I am saying perhaps a little too subtle maybe

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Feel for Whittaker being subbed, fair play to Rooney for making the big call as he had no impact. Another frustrating performance from Morgan, he has everything to rip this league up but he doesn’t believe it. At some point he has to believe otherwise his career won’t get going.

I'm on the same page as you. 

He could be quite special, yet plays like a competition winner.

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Decent performance on the whole. Didn’t create lots of chances but we created some good chances to win the game. Their keeper has pulled off a couple of top class saves, outstanding recovery from Chester to clear off the line, Kazim couldn’t do any more with that chance. And we should have had a penalty.

Three clean sheets in a row is a huge positive. If we keep up this level of performance we will get enough results to get ourselves out of this.

I think Rooney needs to tweak the balance to make us more of a threat. Bird didn’t affect the game at all and I don’t think you need Shinnie and Bielik. I’d be tempted to drop Knight into the 2 and bring Sibley in at 10.

I think Jozwiak needs to do more than he is. Showed flashes again of what he can do but not enough. I actually thought both Jozwiak and Lawrence looked better on the right than they do on the left.

Feel for Whittaker being subbed, fair play to Rooney for making the big call as he had no impact. Another frustrating performance from Morgan, he has everything to rip this league up but he doesn’t believe it. At some point he has to believe otherwise his career won’t get going.

We go again on Wednesday against Swansea and given the crazy nature of this league, it wouldn’t surprise me if we turn them over. We are playing well enough, need to turn some of our situations into goals.

Be interesting to see how we play against a more expansive style team

23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Come on mel , it’s time to get a proper manager and staff in , the Derby version of jedward ( Rooney/rosenior)is going to get us relegated,

on a more serious note why is it that when all the other players are taking the knee our Colin Kaz is standing doing the black power salute? 

Because it’s a free country and you can express your feelings how you wish. ( as long as it doesn’t provoke violence and general nastiness ) .. I personally don’t really like the knee because of its political links and its USA derivation ..  but I respect it’s positive intent when players do it. Your choice, Kazims choice .. and as an influence on the pitch Colin is a good un. 

49 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

We are only slightly better placed  in the table now because 2 or 3 other teams are having equally as bad results. If they didn’t we would be bottom by far

And the most of the teams above are having better results, if they didn't, we wouldn't be bottom.

11 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I don’t think you understand what I am saying perhaps a little too subtle maybe

I know what your saying but the point I'm trying to show is what they did with bielik so why not do that with bielik why do it with ibe? Then the other thing that annoys me is the fans slanging ibe off saying he's 2 stone of weight because he can't get in the game in 5 mins 

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I know what your saying but the point I'm trying to show is what they did with bielik so why not do that with bielik why do it with ibe? Then the other thing that annoys me is the fans slanging ibe off saying he's 2 stone of weight because he can't get in the game in 5 mins 

Some of us doubters get more doubtful the more the idea that he is our saviour is pushed down our throats.  Not certain he is and he is being managed carefully and I am happy about that. Treated properly he may contribute rushed in I think it is highly unlikely

I feel like under Cocu it was largely down to him how poorly we were being managed because towards the end it was frankly embarrassing what he was doing with us and how badly we were playing , however under Rooney we aren't great but to me it seems like we are alot closer to our potential so he is doing a better job. Until we ditch the 4231 today is about tip top for us, we can't play much better without personnel change or a big tactical switch. Maybe Mclaren would improve us but he's not for me at this moment in time. 

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

No such thing as a contested drop ball now, it's in the rules.

The ref drops it to a designated player, everyone else must be at least 4m away from the drop.

Well, I never knew that!  Cheers.  ?

...Although... this now leaves me confused...

Dropped ball

PROCEDURE

The ball is dropped for the defending team goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:

the ball was in the penalty area or

the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area

In all other cases, the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player, an outside agent or, as outlined in Law 9.1, a match official

All other players (of both teams) must remain at least 4 m (4.5 yds) from the ball until it is in play

The ball is in play when it touches the ground.

Any number of players may contest a dropped ball (including the goalkeepers); the referee cannot decide who may contest a dropped ball or its outcome.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-8---the-start-and-restart-of-play

Am I right it all refers to inside the area (18yrd box) apart from the last sentence (which I have underlined)?  Can it still be contested outside the area?  That's how I am reading it?

I appreciate that, in relation to today's example (inside the area), I've still learned something, so still stood to be corrected on my initial post.  ??

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think a points fair, could have won. Unlucky move to the next. We dont have much quality and the ref didn't help but as long as we keep grinding out some results even if they are draws it could certainly be worse. 

One of the bizarrest decisions I’ve ever seen...possible penalty, blows whistle, points the opposite way, lectures 5 players, then gives an un-contested drop-ball to the keeper. A ref who blew his whistle for the lamest treason and gave endless free-kicks when no actual contact between players. Really earned the ear-bashing that Wazza gave him on 95th minute. Shockingly poor referee. 

A rate of 7 points out of 15 will keep us up. Only the goalscoring to rectify now. Improvement has exceeded my expectations. Going in the right direction. Only in bottom three on goal difference. If we can put on a good performance against a very good Swansea side then it is a massive improvement on Cocu. Three players short of a half decent side. Leave Rooney where he is as acting manager. Fifth bottom at Xmas would be fine by me.

Archived