v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

YES!

Very good point!

Bubbles still in charge of the matchday threads?! Damn right!

Stoke City on Saturday, lost 2-1 against Cardiff in their last game.

12/12 - 15:00 kick off.

My team:

Marshall

Byrne   Davies(or MTW)   Clarke   Buchanan

Bielik

Knight   Bird

Ibe    CKR    Joz

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Also just wanted to add, Kornell McDonald, congrats on your debut! He looked like a decent player, hopefully his nose is ok!

Also hope Davies is ok too!

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Sibley Bielik Knight

Waghorn Kazim Jozwiak

Hope Davies injury isn’t bad but may be a chance to start building around a settled centre back pairing and full backs as well. Forsyth over Buchanan as Campbell is tricky and Fozzy been excellent last two games.

Bielik doesn’t need anyone holding his hand so let’s have him behind two more advanced players and get some creativity in the team. 

22 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Sibley Bielik Knight

Waghorn Kazim Jozwiak

Hope Davies injury isn’t bad but may be a chance to start building around a settled centre back pairing and full backs as well. Forsyth over Buchanan as Campbell is tricky and Fozzy been excellent last two games.

Bielik doesn’t need anyone holding his hand so let’s have him behind two more advanced players and get some creativity in the team. 

Campbell might be out injured? 

A few changes needed for this one, some enforced of course, and some needed to inject some life into the attack:

Marshall

MacDonald Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bielik Bird

Waghorn Lawrence Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

I’ve got absolutely no idea how to deal with Davies being out injured, so I don’t envy Rooney at all having to make a decision there. Bird in for the suspended Shinnie is an obvious call. Holmes didn’t perform yet again, so can’t start this one - Waghorn deserves a go from the start in his favoured position, and should bring some additional goal threat. Dropping Knight is the more controversial call - I love the bloke for his attitude and work rate, but he doesn’t offer enough quality in the final third for my liking as a number 10. I’d be interested to see how Lawrence does in the role, he’s more likely to pull a goal out of nothing, and might find it easier to dribble through centre backs, rather than full backs.

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Fozzy

Bielik  Bird

Lawerence Knight Joz

Kazim 

Right wing is the one that is a tossup between Tom and Waggy. Either in that position I would be happy. 

Could be a massive blow losing Davies as he is our general at the back 

Get at Stoke from the off. Same determination and Desire with that little bit of confidence in the final 3rd. 

2-1 Derby. 

Marshall 

bryne wisdom Clarke Forsyth    
             Belick    
        Knight Sibley 

waghorn Richards jozwiak 

we are at home and need to win so sibley over bird waggey to start with Lawrence to fill in when needed in a wide position

10 hours ago, Bubbles said:

YES!

Very good point!

Bubbles still in charge of the matchday threads?! Damn right!

Stoke City on Saturday, lost 2-1 against Cardiff in their last game.

12/12 - 15:00 kick off.

My team:

Marshall

Byrne   Davies(or MTW)   Clarke   Buchanan

Bielik

Knight   Bird

Ibe    CKR    Joz

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Also just wanted to add, Kornell McDonald, congrats on your debut! He looked like a decent player, hopefully his nose is ok!

Also hope Davies is ok too!

Davies is a bit ambitious considering the injury he picked up. 
strange MTW hasn’t been in the squads lately, maybe he’ll come in from the cold but I see Wiz playing at CB

Gk Marshall

RB  Byrne 

CB Wiz

CB Clarke 

Lb Fozzy 

CDM Beliek - man mountain, what a player for the past 2 games. Need to get on the ball more but he is a player. Very Thorne like but better IMO can’t remember the last time we had a CDM this good. 

Cm Knight will have to drop in, bird for me is just too slow alongside Beliek. If Beliek is unavailable then that when he should play but the two together just stop up getting on the box as shinnie is suspended then get Knight alongside to do that job. 

CAM Sibley - Do what Knight does and stake a claim to your starting spot. 

Lw Lawrence - did well against Brentford, I don’t really like Holmes he’s just not quite good enough. Get Lawrence around CKR and running on to some flick ons. 

St CkR - just do you. 

Rw Joz - time for an end product. Very impressed so far. 

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Bielik  Knight

Lawrence Sibley Jozwiak 

Kazim 

I would leave Forsyth out only to give him a rest and to give Buchanan a boost. We also need to give Stoke something to think about down the flanks.

Knight doesn’t have the skill set to play attacking midfield but he will be a willing partner to Bielik. He needs Shinnie’s knack of sniffing out danger and protecting the back four.

Toss up between Waghorn and Lawrence on the right. We need the good Lawrence to turn up.

We need Sibley to get up alongside CKR. 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Marshall

Byrne. Wisdom.  Clarke.  Buchanan

Bielik.        Knight 

Jozwiak.       Sibley.     Lawrence

Kazim-Richards

COYR ?

Yep, that looks good to me...maybe give Ibe a run out for half an hour in the second half....

Archived