v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

how can he possibly be ready. He’s played 45 minutes in the u23s about a month ago.

Ask LR they do train you know! The same way bielik is hes been back in training about the same as ibe (apart from his illness) and look at him! 

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Mate just watch the clips and look at him when he signed for Bournemouth, there is a massive difference.  It's not the lads fault.  Rooney has been over weight since coming back from lockdown.  Thats not my point though.  You cannot expect someone that has not played for 15 plus months to play 2/3 of the game.  It is naive to say the least. 

For me, he should have brought Sibley on.  

I didn't say 2/3 of the game I said bring him on and take him off if you have too, 15mins in the first half have the half time and if he can last 30mins 2nd half then it is what it is if he can't play 45mins in a game what the hell do they do in training? He's been training for months! 

6 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Yes he rectified it because he realised that he made a mistake by bring whittaker on, it would of been a perfect time for ibe play 15mins have 15mins rest then even if he lasted 30 in second half! He's been training for months I'm pretty sure he can play 45mins if not the coaches need sacking because what are they achually doing in training 

Not so sure after seeing the brief involvement he had in fact I’m a bit worried about him. Let’s see how this goes but he looks like a risk

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Yes he rectified it because he realised that he made a mistake by bring whittaker on, it would of been a perfect time for ibe play 15mins have 15mins rest then even if he lasted 30 in second half! He's been training for months I'm pretty sure he can play 45mins if not the coaches need sacking because what are they achually doing in training 

You know he has been ill ? Not played for how many months ? It's not unusual for players not to be up to match speed after a long time out. For me not a perfect time.

Hugely disappointed we didn’t get the deserved 3 points but we aren’t creating enough close to goal to be a consistent threat. Never the less, a couple of great saves and some last ditch defending earned Stoke a point. On the balance of the whole game they should count themselves lucky and be happy. They had a good patch at the start of the second half which we eventually responded to. While the first half was clearly ours.

Knight, Buchanan, Clarke and Bielik stood out for me along with more “keep at em performances”  from Kamil and CKR are worthy of mention. Lawrence looked on it until the knock, pity .. hope he’s ok. 

We got a clean sheet and on goals conceded I think the 4 / 5 teams above us are all leakier than we are ? The glue in the foundations is setting. Hopefully with this platform we can shift a gear and gain confidence up front. Great toss Ibe  get on the pitch. More to come I’m sure. Inching forward ... just need to hit the net ... football is that simple sometimes isn’t it ! 

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Not so sure after seeing the brief involvement he had in fact I’m a bit worried about him. Let’s see how this goes but he looks like a risk

5 mins it's pointless if you have any clue about playing football it can easily take 10/15mins just to get into a game absolutely joke of a sub, Jozwiak was our most dangerous player as well which didn't help! 

12 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Nugent scored 2 goals that season.

I would say CKR is near that already! 

Lol wished I’d looked at the stats before posting ?

5 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

You know he has been ill ? Not played for how many months ? It's not unusual for players not to be up to match speed after a long time out. For me not a perfect time.

Yes i know he's been ill but when the assistant coach is saying he's fit, he's fit

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Obviously you know more than our manager and staff then. ?

Im not saying that people are moaning about ibes involvement about 5 mins on a pitch, some people need to be realistic and i dont see why you'd take Jozwiak off when he was having a good game! 

15 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Ask LR they do train you know! The same way bielik is hes been back in training about the same as ibe (apart from his illness) and look at him! 

Did he look fit?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

He said this: "...it’s our jobs to make sure it’s at the right time."

He also says he's ready?! So he's ready for the last 5 mins brilliant sub to have on the bench for the last 3 games if he was only ready for 5mins today 

Come on mel , it’s time to get a proper manager and staff in , the Derby version of jedward ( Rooney/rosenior)is going to get us relegated,

on a more serious note why is it that when all the other players are taking the knee our Colin Kaz is standing doing the black power salute? 

Archived