v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Yes i know he's been ill but when the assistant coach is saying he's fit, he's fit

I'm fit (well to a point), doesn't mean I could run around for more than two minutes though at the level required for a championship game ?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Did he look fit?

How can you say if he looked fit when he was on the pitch for 5mins and the ball never went anywhere near him, if he's not fit why have him on the bench fir the last 3 games for 5mins at the end of today's game? 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We made them look poor. Struggled to adjust after Lawrence went off. They came back into it 2nd half and we started to run out of steam. With a goal-scorer up front and a ref that was even-handed so we had our share of free-kicks, plus a bit better luck when nearly getting to the 2nd ball in the box...

A good, solid performance. They were no pushovers.

#COYR

Sorry Roy, they had alot of key players out, hence there dogedness to get a point. They were there for the taking.

We can only applaud 0-0 draws for so long, you've been around long enough to realise that if we don't commit players forward, we won't score goals. January shopping isn't going to solve it nor is waiting for the interim manager to get savvy.

2 points lost today because we couldn't break down a team that came for a point, at home.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where? He says "..he has to be ready.."

Fair enough if he said that I most of missed read it, but I still don't see the point if they have a player on the bench if he's not fit enough to play at least 20mins it's absolutely pointless 

3 minutes ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

Sorry Roy, they had alot of key players out, hence there dogedness to get a point. They were there for the taking.

We missed a couple of great chances - we knew Colin was no goalscorer, he makes Waghorn look prolific! Thetre squad depth I would suggest is deeper than ours, so having some players out helped us but it's not like they had scraped the bottom of the barrel.

Their bench:

5Lindsay

7Ince

9Vokes

17Shawcross

20Oakley-Boothe

23Verlinden

28Lonergan

38Porter

Even I recognise most of them!

3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I'm fit (well to a point), doesn't mean I could run around for more than two minutes though at the level required for a championship game ?

Its coming from at football coach at this level, for someone like ibe who's not had a injury not to be fit he said when he joined hes stayed fit with a PT and he would of still been going to training with Bournemouth to what ever degree and the training since he's joined us im sure he could play 30mins if not why have him on the bench 

I can see both sides,  a point against a team that played like that is piss poor. However, I'm alot more positive now than what I was towards the end under Cocu because we are grinding out results and seem fairly resolute at the back. At one point we were a clown show heading straight for league 1 now we are looking better even though its hard going. I've almost forgotten about the off field baalocks now and just thinking about the gradual progress we have made since Cocu had gone it's not as bad as it once looked. Need a few more wins before January ideally, because if we loose a few back to back or struggle for points things will look not so great. 

Just now, Dcfcsr92 said:

Its coming from at football coach at this level, for someone like ibe who's not had a injury not to be fit he said when he joined hes stayed fit with a PT and he would of still been going to training with Bournemouth to what ever degree and the training since he's joined us im sure he could play 30mins if not why have him on the bench 

Because maybe it is a gentle way to get him used to match day?  Match fitness is a complex thing and whilst the subs une is as generous as it is then it is not a bad idea.  It may even be a brilliant idea.

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Come on mel , it’s time to get a proper manager and staff in , the Derby version of jedward ( Rooney/rosenior)is going to get us relegated,

on a more serious note why is it that when all the other players are taking the knee our Colin Kaz is standing doing the black power salute? 

Strange to complain about relegation and managment when our new/ interim manager hasn’t lost. 4 draws and 1 win is miles ahead of Cocu.

guess it was better when we were losing 3-0 on a regular basis.....

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We missed a couple of great chances - we knew Colin was no goalscorer, he makes Waghorn look prolific! Thetre squad depth I would suggest is deeper than ours, so having some players out helped us but it's not like they had scraped the bottom of the barrel.

Their bench:

5Lindsay

7Ince

9Vokes

17Shawcross

20Oakley-Boothe

23Verlinden

28Lonergan

38Porter

Even I recognise most of them!

Alot of names on there, Ince and the like, but they haven't been regulars. Don't know if you caught it on Ramstv, they had a journo for Stoke who outlined the players they were missing and said that a point today was a great result for Stoke, ''..great time to play Stoke, without Campbell, they are a different side''.

Anyway Roy, I'm just having a rant. Really disappointed with todays result.

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

Come on mel , it’s time to get a proper manager and staff in , the Derby version of jedward ( Rooney/rosenior)is going to get us relegated,

on a more serious note why is it that when all the other players are taking the knee our Colin Kaz is standing doing the black power salute? 

Glad its not just me that is confused why the black power salute is being used to allegedly promote anti discrimination...

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It was a drop ball... in their area.
If Rooney had insisted we challenge that drop ball... as we are entitled to, according to the rules... then I'm sure we would have.

Something, something, Sportsmanship, respect, something etc...

No such thing as a contested drop ball now, it's in the rules.

The ref drops it to a designated player, everyone else must be at least 4m away from the drop.

5 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

Strange to complain about relegation and managment when our new/ interim manager hasn’t lost. 4 draws and 1 win is miles ahead of Cocu.

guess it was better when we were losing 3-0 on a regular basis.....

Who were these regular 3-0 losses against?

Decent performance on the whole. Didn’t create lots of chances but we created some good chances to win the game. Their keeper has pulled off a couple of top class saves, outstanding recovery from Chester to clear off the line, Kazim couldn’t do any more with that chance. And we should have had a penalty.

Three clean sheets in a row is a huge positive. If we keep up this level of performance we will get enough results to get ourselves out of this.

I think Rooney needs to tweak the balance to make us more of a threat. Bird didn’t affect the game at all and I don’t think you need Shinnie and Bielik. I’d be tempted to drop Knight into the 2 and bring Sibley in at 10.

I think Jozwiak needs to do more than he is. Showed flashes again of what he can do but not enough. I actually thought both Jozwiak and Lawrence looked better on the right than they do on the left.

Feel for Whittaker being subbed, fair play to Rooney for making the big call as he had no impact. Another frustrating performance from Morgan, he has everything to rip this league up but he doesn’t believe it. At some point he has to believe otherwise his career won’t get going.

We go again on Wednesday against Swansea and given the crazy nature of this league, it wouldn’t surprise me if we turn them over. We are playing well enough, need to turn some of our situations into goals.

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Because maybe it is a gentle way to get him used to match day?  Match fitness is a complex thing and whilst the subs une is as generous as it is then it is not a bad idea.  It may even be a brilliant idea.

What's the point in have him on the bench the last 2 games tho travel all the way to London to not even come on when he Could of played for the under 23s and get mins in a competitive match? 

Archived