v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

47 minutes ago, rynny said:

They got a lot of soft free kicks but wasn't consistent with awarding them to us for similar incidents. Failed to give a Stoke player a yellow card when they brought Sibley down when we were breaking after booking Bielik for a similar foul. 

Very cute with their niggling fouls, and in their response to our own tackles. Although I'd guess every teams forum would contain similar posts.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when is the right time.........to play Bobby Duncan?

Is WR going to throw him into the mix at some stage, is he injured, will he start for the U23's on Monday night against Brighton?

I thought we played well today and we are improving and Kaz will be disappointed he didn't shoot and dink it over the keeper when the chance appeared, he'll know himself, that he over thought it, and gave himself too much to do, and he showed his disappointment to us all after the chance and at the end of the game. But it was great to see the opportunity being created and the feeling that all the players are putting in the effort and the desire that will get us the results we all crave.

It's refreshing to read on here that it's not down to players making mistakes and us giving results away, but players being organised and trying to do the right things and WR trying to get positive results by playing with more intent. 

You never know when the next goal comes, it will give everyone so much confidence and belief and when such lands into the hearts and heads of our players, it's amazing how quickly football can lift players, managers, owners and fans, and like waiting for that bus on a cold dark night in the pouring rain, when it comes, enjoy getting aboard and feeling the warmth, and arriving home safely to your loved ones.......then enjoy all the bus rides to follow.

Anyone fancy a Slushie?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

One of the most bizarre incidents I've seen but think he got the right decision in the end. 

My take - he’s blown and realised straight away he’s ducked up..... the only way he can restart the game is a dropped ball.

FWIW I didn’t think it was a penalty.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Did it really merit a 10 minute discussion/explanation? Good refs are not seen...

Are you talking about post match interviews? Sorry, I’ve genuinely not seen them yet. But I still think he was no worse than average. Made one clear mistake, recognised it and cleared it up. Move on.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you talking about post match interviews? Sorry, I’ve genuinely not seen them yet. But I still think he was no worse than average. Made one clear mistake, recognised it and cleared it up. Move on.

My point really was that for the really crucial moments that turn games, good refs get things right. He didn’t and made a song and dance about it. The standard of refereeing is consistently poor and the game deserves better. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

They got a lot of soft free kicks but wasn't consistent with awarding them to us for similar incidents. Failed to give a Stoke player a yellow card when they brought Sibley down when we were breaking after booking Bielik for a similar foul. 

Maybe but it’s easy to form such a view with Rams tinted glasses on. 

All a matter of opinion of course but, I don’t remember whilst watching the game, thinking he was particularly bad (except for the error thinking Buchanan had dived which he cleared up the best he could) or favouring Stoke.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

My point really was that for the really crucial moments that turn games, good refs get things right. He didn’t and made a song and dance about it. The standard of refereeing is consistently poor and the game deserves better. 

But it wasn’t a crucial moment that turned the game. It wasn’t a penalty (IMO) and wasn’t a dive/sending off either.

Regarding making a song and dance, how so? Surely he just accepted his error and corrected it. A weaker ref might well have just stuck with original incorrect decision and sent Buchanan off.

Archived