v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness, I don't really care what team we put out as long as we get the right result. Wycombe are not a great side and if we get relegated this season, it's a safe bet they'll be coming with us. It's a very odd team selection for sure, with the dropping of Knight completely unfathomable, but we ought to have enough to compete nonetheless. The managers pick the team, but it's the players who play the games, after all. 

COYR

On Jason Knight, he has played the most minutes on the pitch at the club out of anyone, 1152.

He has also been away on international duty.

19 years old. 

Played Wednesday. 

The reason for him being on the bench today, is possibly to give him a little rest, we have to protect these kids as well.

That is all.

I don't feel any more or less confident than I've felt before many games this season; but that isn't a team that, on paper, I would *choose* to watch play football. Alas, I am shackled to my post. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if I don't have random youtube videos playing as I half-watch the last 30 minutes. (A practice that will not be new post-Cocu)

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The bench beats the first team comfortably. I think trying to poo house a Wycombe team at home is the lowest point of existence. Finish me. 

I think it's reflective of our predicament.  We've played 65% possession football and have 6 points to show. Try something else and if it doesn't work then at least you've tried. 

16 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Perhaps they've tried a bit of fun team building. Laid out eleven chairs, put the Benny Hill theme tune on, first eleven to sit down when the music stopped got in the team.

Wouldn't that suggest that Fozzy and Evans, both who have the turning circle of a jumbo jet, got to the seats before anyone else? Gerroff, your having a laugh ?

I was waiting for the line-up before committing to buying the match stream today off of Rams TV. I'll keep my tenner and take the kids down to the park.

I hope that this comment is wrong, but I don't see how that side will work together or be strong enough to win this crucial match.

Our best players (except Sibley, Marshall, Clarke and Davies) all on the bench. I hope Rooney uses his substitutions wisely.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Did anyone vote for Knight to be dropped or for fozzy to come back in 

no ... didn’t think so 

People wanted the last two teams we’ve put out pretty much and look how that worked out.....

This is on the “experienced” older heads today. The kids needed protecting.

I can understand Wisdom at RB and Davies CB if we were worried about a physical battle in that area of the pitch. Wycombe are well drilled at route 1 football... we aren't going to beat them at that, so adding Evans and Kazim in there for a bit of extra height and strength is completely the wrong call.

We played 25 minutes of good football on Wednesday after finally having the highly promising Bird-Knight-Sibley midfield. The other 65 minutes of football was poor so why avoid using that trio again? As we wanted a bit of strength and aerial ability then put Bielik in there instead. We'd still be able to actually play football with him in there. If anything, we'd be stronger in the air with him there rather than Evans anyway. Holmes over Knight? What a joke.

Archived