EFL appeal

Sith Happens

JP in The Telegraph:

Perhaps the most worrying issue hanging over the club is the EFL’s appeal over a misconduct charge. The charge relates to Derby’s policy over the amortisation of intangible assets - how the purchase price of a player is spread over a contract - and sanctions were initially dropped earlier this year.

But the EFL appealed, with the hearing held over the weekend of March 20-21, and the verdict is still to be delivered a month later.

Derby have denied the charge yet could face serious punishment if found guilty, which could include the docking of points.

Championship sources insist Derby chief executive Stephen Pearce’s position on the EFL board would be "untenable" if the appeal is lost.

Edited by RoyMac5

I'd take issue with JP's verdict that the club face 'serious punishment' if the appeal finds in the EFL's favour. My take is that the complaint surrounds how the change in amortisation policy was incorrectly reported, not an issue with the policy itself.

Let's be honest, if that is the case, anything more than a slap on wrist would be grossly unfair.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I'd take issue with JP's verdict that the club face 'serious punishment' if the appeal finds in the EFL's favour. My take is that the complaint surrounds how the change in amortisation policy was incorrectly reported, not an issue with the policy itself.

Let's be honest, if that is the case, anything more than a slap on wrist would be grossly unfair.

We have already been found guilty of not making the change of our amortisation policy clear enough to the EFL. The appeal is against us using the amortisation method that we use, and the EFL wants us to use a straight line way like every other club. 

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

We have already been found guilty of not making the change of our amortisation policy clear enough to the EFL. The appeal is against us using the amortisation method that we use, and the EFL wants us to use a straight line way like every other club. 

It was the punishment he was suggesting we were due if found guilty - points deduction.