Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

To be honest Lawrence and Rooney can both fook off and take the rest of the coaching staff with them.

Worse than 07-08 at least they tried till Christmas and clearly weren't good enough at any point .

Too many youngsters and the senior players clearly don't give a fook barring the goalie.

What the hell was that line up in the last 20 minutes.

First team following this club I've been disgusted and I've seen bad before.  Absolute poo show of a display for the umpteenth time this season. Wycombe to administer the coup de grace this weekend 3-1.  Rooney with a free kick then the media can kiss his useless arse for a few days.

Get out of our club for the love of god so we can a manager and the wages to bring in a couple of decent free agents who can score and create or at least make us respectable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Once again a toothless performance.

If Rooney is demanding to be in the team, he needs sacking.

Whoever made the decision to take Buchanan off and not replace him with a defender needs sacking.

The referee who blew the whistle everytime a boro player threw himself to the floor and who booked more Derby coaches than he did boro players, needs sacking. He is obviously another ref that is scared of Warnocks gob.

If the incoming owners made the decision that Cocu should go without having a replacement lined up, they need sacking before they get here.

Let’s be honest, none of their players made a challenge warranting a card.

Ours were all fully deserved except we don’t know what Lawrence did.

We are inferior footballers so every chance we’re going to be the ones fouling.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Mel Morris can take a lot of the blame for this. What kind of decision was it to sack Cocu and throw it to some rookies who have no clue what they're bloody doing. 

Cocu was the one who ducked it all up in the first place! Should have sacked all the coaching staff with him at the same time. 

Just now, Jayram said:

Cocu was the one who ducked it all up in the first place! Should have sacked all the coaching staff with him at the same time. 

I don't disagree with firing Cocu. Have a replacement lined up immediately. We're in limbo now. 

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Got to be keen to take it. Why does Rowett look like a genius now.

Paul Jewell looks like a genius compared to this shambles. 
If these guys want to learn their trade... resign the position you somehow have found yourselves and n and Four Cough to the lower leagues. You are collectively killing this club, our EFing club

Personally I feel you guys are hammering on at Rooney for the sake of ease and convenience 

Firstly it’s not his fault he has been bought into management under the wrong manager this is still Cocu all over what basis has he got to change everything in 1 or 2 matches 

If you think Shinnie is the solution to everything I’m sorry but have you been watching him .... bar one match you can’t tell me what type of footballer he is .... enforcer ... nope ... playmaker ..., nope .... driving force .... nope 

There is no one to rally round 

Lawrence ... everyone said he’d be our saviour once he was fit .... had these people not been watching the last 2-3 seasons he makes Tom Ince look busy .... the guy has at best 2-3 decent games a season 

Waghorn ... has no business being a lone striker far too lightweight doesn’t get his head up to look at the play going on around him 

Wisdom ... slow and cumbersome has the turning circle of an oil tanker continuously caught out 

Knight, Bird, Sibley, Buchanan show potential but they are all still just young lads learning what to do quite frankly in a system and style of play that suited no one 

Holmes Davies Clarke ... Mike the Dutchman Kazim Richards I wouldn’t notice most of the time if they were on the pitch or not 

Rooneys fault ?????  ... maybe the guys not always helping but to single him out seems extremely unfair 

This is all one persons fault and that is Cocu and his dour doctrine and the transfer policy was absolutely terrible ( does anyone not recall last January’s transfer window as well when Cocu said he had some players in mind he wanted and ended up with no one)

I stated early last season that this team were awful the only reason we didn’t get relegated was the Rooney factor in January but how far can an ageing star take a team

Im not saying he’s been a shining light but he by far is not the only person to be blamed 

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

In not sure I care what division we are in any more. Will never win any trophies. So might as well be a big club in League 1 and not worry about cr&ppy PL

apart from it crippling us financially and hopefully not having any Wigan type issues to boot!

Just now, rammieib said:

Let’s be honest, none of their players made a challenge warranting a card.

Ours were all fully deserved except we don’t know what Lawrence did.

We are inferior footballers so every chance we’re going to be the ones fouling.

If we let the gap get to ten points before the new manager arrives he may decide not to arrive. Got to give s new manager six games minimum to try to even start to sort this out  who will sign to play for us at Xmas if we are well adrift 

4 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

Agreed - if financially the league you’re in made no difference, but with relegation comes diminished TV revenues, smaller crowds, can’t attract the best talent on and off the pitch... relegation would be disastrous for the club and whoever is in charge be it Mel or the Arabs needs to do whatever the hell is necessary to avoid it.

Fed  up with chasing the cash.  taking all the fun and enjoyment out of the game. I guess that is football today

12 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Well, at least if anything tonight should put paid to Rooney or any other candidate with zero managerial experience getting the job full time. 

My god we need an experienced manager. McCarthy, Allardyce, Cook, Cooper, Howe or Benitez. Would literally snap your hand off for any of this lot right now.

Good cooks but will inherit crap ingredients in the so called senior players

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Gutted at present we are a shambles embarrassing shambles a laughing stock .

Mac back in charge tomorrow with Eric Steele as goalkeeper coach. 

It's desperate times I can see the buyers walking away the value of the club is falling by the minute .

They won't gamble 60 million and go down. 

Archived