Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Another big thing for this club is what strikers we buy in  January, we get that wrong and we will be looking down the barrel. Massive pressure as who’s going to want to come? Seriously need some rabbits coming out of the hat. 

We will not attract a proven goalscorer from the Premiership or Championship in this form. It will be pulling a rabbit out the hat, i.e. getting a player from Scotland, Div 1 or Div 2. Or we gamble with starting with Whittaker, Hector-Ingram and Stretton.

Out best performance this season was Forest away. 

Rooney wasn't in the squad.

The midfield in Shinnie and Knight had legs, energy and guile.

Rooney thinks he's above all that and he's that good that we need him in the centre.

We don't. We don't need Rooney anywhere near this club. I wish he'd go now.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

We will not attract a proven goalscorer from the Premiership or Championship in this form. It will be pulling a rabbit out the hat, i.e. getting a player from Scotland, Div 1 or Div 2. Or we gamble with starting with Whittaker, Hector-Ingram and Stretton.

Well it's pointless gambling with Colin that is for sure!

McClaren coming down near to the bench gave me a good laugh. I can just imagine how it was ....

Rooney is out on the pitch delivering some world class tactical instructions - "Lads just give it to me and I'll kick it." Rosenior is on the bench getting giddy over data, "I've looked at the statistical data from the Championship and the statistics are telling me that statistically you're more likely to score if you shoot." Given and Walker are being really helpful, "I think we should do what Wayne wants, I love him." All the while McClaren is behind them on the bench, rocking slowly backwards and forwards muttering repeatedly, "4-3-3, 4-3-3, 4-3-3."

I would love to know what kind of atmosphere turns a team into what we saw this evening. 

The front three, from the first whistle, looked like they'd been on the lash. 

Lawrence's sulk has lasted about four games now. 

When a sparky International player like Jozwiak drops to petulant kid, you're in trouble. 

I can only put it down to what Rooney and co are doing behind the scenes. 

Clarke and Wisdom looked like the Chuckle Brothers out there. 

Centre half should be the easiest position. You put yourself between the opposition and the goal and head it and kick it away. 

When you have the ball, you're against the worst defensive players in the team (the CFs). You have the whole pitch in front of you. 

We make it look so hard. 

55 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If that doesn't convince people this management team are out of control and completely out of their depth nothing will 

To think we lumbered cocu with these dozy bstrds.

Sibley needs to play next game,

Kazim-Richards needs to not be in the squad again

Lawrence needs to be benched

Rooney needs to bench himself

Hector-Ingram needs to be given a chance

Whittaker needs to build some upper body strength

Waghorn needs to be benched or play on the right

Entire squad apart from Jason Knight needs to work on fitness levels. 

Mac needs to be in charge from now on

Rooney not coming out and facing up as the Captain, he is done for me. 100 caps for England +500 premier league games but can’t front up after that. Sorry but that’s a crap house poor as it gets. I’ve not got on nobody’s back but I’m seething with all of this, utterly shambolic. 
Rosenior nice and humble,  but I don’t care. Clear him, Rooney and Given out. 
Steele back in, call Simmo and get him back in. It might not sound progressive, it might not be all Cocu, cross legged, sipping a latte whilst sketching out four year plans with in between discussions about the merits of renaissance art. Let’s just get some football people to get us going ! I will bring myself to regular levels of calmness now I’ve got that off my chest!

Archived