Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

Anyone else regret Cocu leaving? It was slow, it wasn't great. but since him leaving, it certainly hasn't got any better.

Cocu had Shinnie and Davis playing. While we were struggling to score, we were ever so slowly improving. We could be solid for 60-70minutes and while it wasn't the best tactic, I still feel a few more games and it could click. Jozwiak, two games into Cocu leaving...well the tactics has only got worse????

The biggest factor in all of this, we still don't have a manager in place?? Rooney, Liam, Given, what are we thinking!!! and we literally have Mclaren on the bench, it mirrors our actual football....my god I would have subbed Mclaren on after 10 minutes if nothing else!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Going back to the early eighties - I know its a long time ago - we had worse players. Arthur Cox got the club going in the right direction again. Currently we have some good footballers so the job is not quite starting from square one but still a tough assignment. It just needs the right manager and some fans are going to have to accept that righting the ship is not going to involve free flowing 'attractive football' whatever that means. It means a long season of hard work and discipline coupled with some hard experience with guys who have been round the block - we are not getting out of this with the U23's alone. Firstly we need to concentrate on being much more solid in midfield so Shinnie has to come in  and Bielik as CDM when fit. We need to play 541 or 4141 and stop losing games - play out a few tough draws and then think about how best to present a threat in front of goal. January window may help but we need to use CKR to hold up and bring others in but stage 1 first 

Are you just warming up for a "get allardyce in"  post Monty? ?

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can we please stop blaming the ducking young players. They're the only ones that give a damn. They were our best performers tonight and the whole season. Blame the senior players letting them down. If our players all had the attitude of Jason Knight we'd be doing much better than we are now.

Thats what I said .  Too many youngsters and the senior players don't seem too give a poo ie their not doing their jobs. Ultimately we have have 6 or 7 youngsters in the squad . It's too many. Too many isn't apportioning blame on them.

45 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We're in dire need of a serious managerial appointment right away. McClaren needs to be a temporary emergency appointment,  Rosenior needs to be relieved of his duties immediately and Rooney needs to be put with the under 23's.  

As nice and articulate as the chap is, he should stick to media and communication because he’s tarnished with the previous regime and his credibility is shot. We need one person in charge and that is Mac3 for now. Mac looked a tad embarrassed in the stand but I’m confident he’s seen enough already to see what’s required. It’s really NOT as bad as comments on here make out ...apart from our lack of a striker but we’ll sort it. Quote me in 10 games’ time. 

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thats what I said .  Too many youngsters and the senior players don't seem too give a poo ie their not doing their jobs. Ultimately we have have 6 or 7 youngsters in the squad . It's too many. Too many isn't apportioning blame on them.

We don't have too many youngsters. I'd argue we should have had more based on the performance of the senior players. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Are you just warming up for a "get allardyce in"  post Monty? ?

just laying the foundations dear boy (did i mention 11/2 tonight)?

Just now, Andicis said:

We don't have too many youngsters. I'd argue we should have had more based on the performance of the senior players. 

We disagree on that then. We need better and more disciplined senior players and less game time for the youngsters. Thers too much pressure. Playing in this side will finish them off. 

38 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If we let the gap get to ten points before the new manager arrives he may decide not to arrive. Got to give s new manager six games minimum to try to even start to sort this out  who will sign to play for us at Xmas if we are well adrift 

We need the new manager in before Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sibley actually changed the game, Buchanan was fine, Knight and Bird were decent. Compare and contrast with Lawrence, Clarke, Byrne, Rooney who were a disgrace. I wouldn't be digging out the young players that's for damn sure.

Well I damn well did. I don't dispute the senior's were any good. But I still belive we have too many youngsters in at one time. No one and I mean no one has the balls to shoot.  Running at the opposition is great if you can keep the ball then do something with it.  No one did today. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We disagree on that then. We need better and more disciplined senior players and less game time for the youngsters. Thers too much pressure. Playing in this side will finish them off. 

But they're playing better than the seniors are? We don't have better or more disciplined senior players. Are best and most disciplined players are the young ones. You're just sticking to the cliches.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Well I damn well did. I don't dispute the senior's were any good. But I still belive we have too many youngsters in at one time. No one and I mean no one has the balls to shoot.  Running at the opposition is great if you can keep the ball then do something with it.  No one did today. 

Sibley literally had a couple of shots in the second half when he got on. I'm pretty sure the younger players are much braver than the senior ones are. 

I watched a poor team when we were relegated into the old third division but those players at least managed to do the basics that are required of a professional footballer. The side, I won't refer to them as a team, tonight were woeful, both individually and collectively. We saw the likes of Rooney and Lawrence giving the ball away cheaply and not being able to complete a simple pass to team mate. Collect they looked void of ideas on how to move the ball up the pitch, meaning there was never enough pressure put on the opposition and their goal.

Archived