Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

Completely lost shape with them subs. Pathetic. Some of the defending was shocking 

Sibley looked good when he came on & i thought bird & knight had good games. Interesting our best players are the youngsters

We have to move shrek on. Ive defended him & i do still think he has something as a player but you can't manage & play. It like he has to do everything himself. Every corner or freekick. Not working upfront i know i'll put myself up there. Wont bring himself off, has to play himself. He's supposed to be joint manager & still makes himself captain. Elevate someone else. Youre a big boy give the captaincy someone else. You can still lead. 

Players must be wondering whats going on. We need to shift this management team & get someone in with their own coaching staff to get a grip of it 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We're in dire need of a serious managerial appointment right away. McClaren needs to be a temporary emergency appointment,  Rosenior needs to be relieved of his duties immediately and Rooney needs to kicked down the A52, as far away from the club as possible 

FTFY

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

We won’t go down because of the takeover, a new manager and the January window. We’re rudderless canon fodder at the moment though, it’s tough being a Rams fan right now....but keep the faith.

be too late by then - they've have totally gone - this club is rotten bottom to top.  Strolling back for the third, embarssing.

4 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

I don’t even feel particularly angry about this any more - the time for that was 5 games ago. I think the overwhelming feeling I have now is sadness... how far this club has fallen in the last 18 or so months, from everyone’s second team to a team seemingly universally disliked. To be honest I’m conflicted - I love this club, but the current crop, from the player to the management to the ownership is rapidly turning me.

So where do we go from here? Based on the current trajectory, League One. And look at the likes of Sunderland - you can easily get stuck there. I don’t know the answer and the scary thing is the people paid handsomely to know the answer don’t know it either.

In not sure I care what division we are in any more. Will never win any trophies. So might as well be a big club in League 1 and not worry about cr&ppy PL

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Owen Bradley said McClaren had gone into the dressing room at half time.

Anyway, we don't know whether he made any contribution to the tactical changes, just like we don't know what contribution Rosenior made under Cocu, yet people were still happy to judge.

Five games under Rosenior and Rooney? We've seen two. 

It's been crap. But not particularly worse than what we've seen before this season.

I agree that we need a manager though. This experiment should never have happened.

Going wrong already. Technical Director going into the changing room half way through a match?

It really is an embarrassment of a situation we have right now.

Woeful, just woeful.  We cannot keep playing Rooney.  Pay off 32red because we are going down with him playing 90 mins every week.  Take Lawrence with him, and Waghorn, and Holmes, and Kazim..... in fact, take them all bar Knight, Sibley and, well .... that's it really!  Goodbye Rooney, Rosenior and Given managerial set-up too. And goodbye from me, I shall sulk for rest of week and then repaet on Saturday.

I don't know if Rooney can make a manager or not, I suspect he hasn't got the brain for it, but what I do know is that he is absolutely finished as a professional footballer. Nowhere near sharp enough physically to cut it. If he can't recognise that for himself, he needs someone to drill the message home. We can't start to mend until we recognise the biggest problem. We're playing with 10 men.

Once again a toothless performance.

If Rooney is demanding to be in the team, he needs sacking.

Whoever made the decision to take Buchanan off and not replace him with a defender needs sacking.

The referee who blew the whistle everytime a boro player threw himself to the floor and who booked more Derby coaches than he did boro players, needs sacking. He is obviously another ref that is scared of Warnocks gob.

If the incoming owners made the decision that Cocu should go without having a replacement lined up, they need sacking before they get here.

Just now, StrawHillRam said:

In not sure I care what division we are in any more. Will never win any trophies. So might as well be a big club in League 1 and not worry about cr&ppy PL

Agreed - if financially the league you’re in made no difference, but with relegation comes diminished TV revenues, smaller crowds, can’t attract the best talent on and off the pitch... relegation would be disastrous for the club and whoever is in charge be it Mel or the Arabs needs to do whatever the hell is necessary to avoid it.

8 minutes ago, Shang said:

The only players you can hear on the pitch were the Middlesbrough players. No one in our squad is holding each other accountable. You can tell Cocu wanted to fix this by bring in CKR and other vocal players but he didn't have the backing. We need some menace and vocals into this squad to hold players accountable. Tell them on the pitch they're not pulling their weight, at this point I want to see some punches thrown.

If our managers on the pitch and we have no voices we really have got problems (we have)

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Going wrong already. Technical Director going into the changing room half way through a match?

It really is an embarrassment of a situation we have right now.

I think he's gone down to see what is being said and it's obvious he won't be impressed. He needs to be in charge asap. 

Archived