Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

I used to think Rooney was playing intentionally crap to get rid of Cocu, but unless he's trying to get rid of himself i'm not sure what his reason is now. Everytime the ball came anywhere near him it went straight to the opposition and he needs to practice his corner taking - so poor yet again.

Rest of the team other than the young lads and Marshall looked poo as well. No idea why Sibley isn't starting games - him ,Knight and Whittaker only players trying to make something happen tonight. Lawrence and Joswiak both petulant and contributed nothing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never like bashing a single player but to see Rooney play a full 90 is a joke. He talks in the presser about being the guy who provides composure in the middle yet gives the ball away and can't lead a team out of a paper bag. We need speed and grit in the middle not his luxury cross field passes to forwards who are lacking any semblance of confidence. 

We need to remember we were playing a fairly good Boro side who are doing well. And we did have a couple of good chances. But to see someone picking himself (contract related or not) is sickening. I really want to know why he thinks he offers more than Bielik and Shinnie, and thinks he doesn't need to be taken off to change things up. 

20 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Hearing Rosenior's interview on Radio Derby has made me even more annoyed. Trying to defend his ludicrous substitutions and then put a lot of focus on the 'outside noise' that him and rooney both fomented when they clearly thought cocu was being an idiot and they could cut their managerial teeth here is just out of this world. 

It should be Rooney facing the media. He wants the job so he should be up front dealing with it. 

What I would do next game, we obviously struggle with scoring.

Marshall (obviously)

Byrne    Davis   Clarke  Buchann 

Knight    Bielik   Shinnie

Jozwiak    Richards    Lawrence(Ibe if fit)

Subs: Holmes, Ibe(if fit), Waghorn, Big Mike, Wisdom, Rooney, Bird, Sibley, Fozzy, Whittaker

Man leading the team: Mclaren

Energy with Knight(who we know will give his all), Shinnie (again, isn't afraid), Bielik (confident CDM, our Eustace). The three forwards, aim to play off Richards layoffs/hold up play, I wish we had Martin. Davis experienced no nonsense CB.

So many options on the bench to change it up while staying with the same formation, Sibley/Bird can come in for midfield. Waghorn, Ibe, Rooney for backup in attack. Big Mike and Wisdom, Fozzy in defence. The fact we are allowed 5 subs right now will be a major advantage.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But they're playing better than the seniors are? We don't have better or more disciplined senior players. Are best and most disciplined players are the young ones. You're just sticking to the cliches.

Whether we have them or not we need them.  Packing a team with under 23s will see us down as quick .  it won't be lack of effort but 10 nineteen years olds can't do 46 games in this league . It's too tough.  

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What did he say, I couldn't listen switched straight post-game?

On ‘added time ‘ just a little boy out of his depth on the verge of tears.  The bloody obvious problem is we can’t score and are unlikely to do so until the transfer window opens.  Hoping for a couple of draws v Coventry and wycombe

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whether we have them or not we need them.  Packing a team with under 23s will see us down as quick .  it won't be lack of effort but 10 nineteen years olds can't do 46 games in this league . It's too tough.  

Rubbish. Didn't Alan Hansen say something similar? Not saying we have as talented youngsters as them, but they absolutely are good enough to do it in this league, and over a large period of time, too. 

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

What I would do next game, we obviously struggle with scoring.

Marshall (obviously)

Byrne    Davis   Clarke  Buchann 

Knight    Bielik   Shinnie

Jozwiak    Richards    Lawrence(Ibe if fit)

Subs: Holmes, Ibe(if fit), Waghorn, Big Mike, Wisdom, Rooney, Bird, Sibley, Fozzy, Whittaker

Man leading the team: Mclaren

Energy with Knight(who we know will give his all), Shinnie (again, isn't afraid), Bielik (confident CDM, our Eustace). The three forwards, aim to play off Richards layoffs/hold up play, I wish we had Martin. Davis experienced no nonsense CB.

So many options on the bench to change it up while staying with the same formation, Sibley/Bird can come in for midfield. Waghorn, Ibe, Rooney for backup in attack. Big Mike and Wisdom, Fozzy in defence. The fact we are allowed 5 subs right now will be a major advantage.

Sibley has to play surely?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Rubbish. Didn't Alan Hansen say something similar? Not saying we have as talented youngsters as them, but they absolutely are good enough to do it in this league, and over a large period of time, too. 

No they are not, hence why we are bottom of the league.

47 minutes ago, Silko said:

Personally I feel you guys are hammering on at Rooney for the sake of ease and convenience 

Firstly it’s not his fault he has been bought into management under the wrong manager this is still Cocu all over what basis has he got to change everything in 1 or 2 matches 

If you think Shinnie is the solution to everything I’m sorry but have you been watching him .... bar one match you can’t tell me what type of footballer he is .... enforcer ... nope ... playmaker ..., nope .... driving force .... nope 

There is no one to rally round 

Lawrence ... everyone said he’d be our saviour once he was fit .... had these people not been watching the last 2-3 seasons he makes Tom Ince look busy .... the guy has at best 2-3 decent games a season 

Waghorn ... has no business being a lone striker far too lightweight doesn’t get his head up to look at the play going on around him 

Wisdom ... slow and cumbersome has the turning circle of an oil tanker continuously caught out 

Knight, Bird, Sibley, Buchanan show potential but they are all still just young lads learning what to do quite frankly in a system and style of play that suited no one 

Holmes Davies Clarke ... Mike the Dutchman Kazim Richards I wouldn’t notice most of the time if they were on the pitch or not 

Rooneys fault ?????  ... maybe the guys not always helping but to single him out seems extremely unfair 

This is all one persons fault and that is Cocu and his dour doctrine and the transfer policy was absolutely terrible ( does anyone not recall last January’s transfer window as well when Cocu said he had some players in mind he wanted and ended up with no one)

I stated early last season that this team were awful the only reason we didn’t get relegated was the Rooney factor in January but how far can an ageing star take a team

Im not saying he’s been a shining light but he by far is not the only person to be blamed 

Oh well. Maybe we were operating under some form of transfer embargo. Maybe if Cocu wasn't  having to drastically cut the wage budget. You don't  think he wanted and tried to get a striker?

Rooney is currently captain and manager.  I saw nothing in his captaincy on the pitch since lockdown to suggest he has done anything to get this team going. His arrogance backed himself to do this job better than Cocu. Yet our best performance of the season came when Rooney was at home. 

All this crap about taking a few games to move on from Cocu. Mac1 managed to shift an entire mindset in one half time team talk. 

I said a few weeks ago, everything about Rooney at this club stinks. We have let celebrity bend us over and shaft us royally. We have thrown away a long term plan in search of fame. I am certain had he left us this summer, we would be much better placed.

This is one big disaster from top to bottom. And I am fed up that we have once again found a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Archived