Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I really hope we play Curtis Davies next game. I don't even care about his passing any more, he's one of the only leaders at this whole club and will at least try do some actual defending. 

My god

You just hit the nail on the head. Curtis in next game please.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest Lawrence and Rooney can both fook off and take the rest of the coaching staff with them.

Worse than 07-08 at least they tried till Christmas and clearly weren't good enough at any point .

Too many youngsters and the senior players clearly don't give a fook barring the goalie.

What the hell was that line up in the last 20 minutes.

First team following this club I've been disgusted and I've seen bad before.  Absolute poo show of a display for the umpteenth time this season. Wycombe to administer the coup de grace this weekend 3-1.  Rooney with a free kick then the media can kiss his useless arse for a few days.

Get out of our club for the love of god so we can a manager and the wages to bring in a couple of decent free agents who can score and create or at least make us respectable.

Going back to the early eighties - I know its a long time ago - we had worse players. Arthur Cox got the club going in the right direction again. Currently we have some good footballers so the job is not quite starting from square one but still a tough assignment. It just needs the right manager and some fans are going to have to accept that righting the ship is not going to involve free flowing 'attractive football' whatever that means. It means a long season of hard work and discipline coupled with some hard experience with guys who have been round the block - we are not getting out of this with the U23's alone. Firstly we need to concentrate on being much more solid in midfield so Shinnie has to come in  and Bielik as CDM when fit. We need to play 541 or 4141 and stop losing games - play out a few tough draws and then think about how best to present a threat in front of goal. January window may help but we need to use CKR to hold up and bring others in but stage 1 first 

43 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The youngsters are so far from the problem it's laughable. 

You think? Individually they are good. But against experienced players tonight they were found wanting.  Maybe they were trying to impress. Going on penetrating runs only to end up losing the ball. Don't get me wrong,  the whole team were poor but too much inexperience is not helping. 

I mean, I could write an analysis of that display but it feels a bit like describing why dogs chase sticks & pee against lampposts.

Derby try and play from the back. Opposition play high & Derby struggle to cope. On the odd occasion Derby get to the final third, they fall over the ball/pass to the opposition/hit the first man with delivery/defender gets first to rare decent ball. Derby then concede from first meaningful opposition move. Derby spend rest of the game throwing windmill punches like a sozzled uncle on a stag do. Rinse & repeat. 

Honourable mentions for Marshall & the kids - none of them hid & they deserved better.

Tonight was the first occasion I seriously thought we're in a relegation scrap & make no mistake, if we don't change things radically we will be going down.

We need a new manager immediately. We need Wayne Rooney out of this club immediately.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

You think? Individually they are good. But against experienced players tonight they were found wanting.  Maybe they were trying to impress. Going on penetrating runs only to end up losing the ball. Don't get me wrong,  the whole team were poor but too much inexperience is not helping. 

Sibley actually changed the game, Buchanan was fine, Knight and Bird were decent. Compare and contrast with Lawrence, Clarke, Byrne, Rooney who were a disgrace. I wouldn't be digging out the young players that's for damn sure.

21 minutes ago, SKRam said:

WelI we’ve got the record for Prem clearly we have set our sights on a  Championship lowest points  total too . 
Hull looking good in League 1 maybe that’s the way to do it ?

If we get relegated, the likes of Sibley, Bird and Knight would be snatched by Premiership/Championship teams and at cut prices.

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

No idea. But I'd place my money on these guys over the players they are replacing. 

We need creativity and goals. That is not in our squad right now. Added to the fact we cannot keep a clean sheet. McLaren will help I am sure but even if he took over tomorrow, he still has to work with this squad. This squad is not good enough. Different players back the first eleven, different manager... might not be enough to save us. 

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Going back to the early eighties - I know its a long time ago - we had worse players. Arthur Cox got the club going in the right direction again. Currently we have some good footballers so the job is not quite starting from square one but still a tough assignment. It just needs the right manager and some fans are going to have to accept that righting the ship is not going to involve free flowing 'attractive football' whatever that means. It means a long season of hard work and discipline coupled with some hard experience with guys who have been round the block - we are not getting out of this with the U23's alone. Firstly we need to concentrate on being much more solid in midfield so Shinnie has to come in  and Bielik as CDM when fit. We need to play 541 or 4141 and stop losing games - play out a few tough draws and then think about how best to present a threat in front of goal. January window may help but we need to use CKR to hold up and bring others in but stage 1 first 

Great post?

We’re all going on a league one tour, a league one tour ? 

absolutely pathetic, the talents there but the effort is non existent. 

at least Rooney’s trial has been that bad no club in the world would give him the job full time... apart from us muppets of course. 

Football is meant to be a hobby and enjoyable, I’d get more fun from hearing my nan had died than this crap at the minute.

Rooney out, Rosenior out, Given out, Walker out, Morris out.

absolutely falling out of love with Derby, in a time when we need them more than ever they offer up this pile of poo. 

it’s ducking pathetic.

Edit: Lawrence can piss off too. 

Hearing Rosenior's interview on Radio Derby has made me even more annoyed. Trying to defend his ludicrous substitutions and then put a lot of focus on the 'outside noise' that him and rooney both fomented when they clearly thought cocu was being an idiot and they could cut their managerial teeth here is just out of this world. 

Archived