Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TomG said:

Last night was abysmal when we played with four at the back, I hope Cocu, if he's still in place, reverts back to three with wing-backs.  We were starting to look half decent when we played with this formation.

You might be right, but part of the problem v qpr was the increasing tendency to hoof it. And Forsyth going forward was awful. 
Nothing to do with formation - just crap play. It is hard to pick a team when we lack a dominant centre half, a centre forward who can hold it, and a left footed winger.  three obvious gaps that needed to be addressed in the transfer window - but none of them were. 

7 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Other self isolating managers have just done it by phone haven’t they? I’d imagine it will just be normal coaching team, with Cocu watching at home 

They'll put a cardboard cut-out of Cocu in the dugout so the players won't tell any difference. ?

Seems like a win to save his job, anything less and you have to assume thats it.

If we do go 4 at the back, it cant include Davies and I don't think you can use Buchanan AND Byrne.

Maybe a start for Bielik? Depends if he is ready.

I'd rather see no Rooney, but its a big call. We've seen his set pieces be the difference in games even if he does slow down our general play.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

So...who is going to be in charge for the Barnsley game?

Rosienner,wassell?

Either way,I bet we see a sudden upsurge in performance.

The statement said the coaching team. Has been the case for other managers self-isolating. You wouldn't just bring in Wassall and trump the current employed team.

17 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Marshall 

Wisdom Bielik Clarke Buchanan    

Knight   Shinnie

Ibe Lawrence Rooney Jozwiak

Ibe is ill and wasn't able to play for the U23's v Spuds today so unlikely me thinks. Bielik still not fit enough either by all accounts....

Hoping we get the bounce of the ball and everything clicks into place.

We need some energy and verve. We had a litte of that playing 3-4-3 and completely lost it playing 4 at the back. I think Cocu gambles and plays Bielik at centre half, just as he did last season when he said Krystian wasn't fit enough to play in midfield. Think the team will be:

Marshall

Bielik     Davies     Clarke

Byrne      Knight    Shinnie      Buchanan

Waghorn      Rooney       Jozwiak

Subs: Roos   Te Wierik    Bird     Sibley     Lawrence     Kazim Richards     Whittaker

I really hope Jozwiak grabs his first goal. Maybe Buchanan will bag one to celebrate his U21 call-up?

4-0 to the Rams!

Archived