Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changes for this one if he is still in charge take a gamble.

Marshall 

Wisdom Davies Clarke Buchanan    

Knight Bielik Shinnie

Ibe.        Lawrence.     Jozwiak 

Be bold take a risk no centre forward the 3 interchanging with each other.

Goals go for it ?

33 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

getting close to the time where you start looking at what good pubs they are in Accrington

I bet there are some brilliant boozers in Accrington tbf. In fact how good would it be to have one last season of old school footie in league one before we become the next PSG? I'd love an away season ticket next season to watch Rooney cutting his managerial teeth and pies and peas and boozers and old men smoking in the stands and dogs on the pitch...

That's it I've changed my mind. Cocu in. Take us down to the promised land Phil!

3 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

After 41 years of watching , following my beloved club ..I'm DUCKING PASSED CAREING .... after recent events on and off the pitch as finally taken its toll 

Ive only been following for 11 years but I'm starting to get to a similar stage. A few years ago I'd be absolutely gutted now, I'm not happy but am really starting to get indifferent to it all especially as we can no longer go to matches anyway. 

Marshall

Byrne    Te Wierik      Clarke     Buchanan

Bielik

Knight             Shinnie

Jozwiak                                       Ibe

Kazim

(Roos, Wisdom, Sibley, Whittaker, Hector-Ingram, Stretton, Duncan)

*Wisdom to cover RB and CB positions. Shinnie can switch to LB if required. Bielik can play as a more forward CM and provides cover along with Sibley. Whittaker and JHI can play wide if required whilst Stretton and Duncan can be thrown on once CKR scores his third.

Forsyth, Rooney, Waghorn and Lawrence can watch from home and wonder if they'll ever get a place back in this vibrant Rams outfit.

7 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Changes for this one if he is still in charge take a gamble.

Marshall 

Wisdom Davies Clarke Buchanan    

Knight Bielik Shinnie

Ibe.        Lawrence.     Jozwiak 

Be bold take a risk no centre forward the 3 interchanging with each other.

Goals go for it ?

Would probably prefer Byrne over Wisdom, but I love the way you're thinking. We would either win 5-Nil or lose 5-Nil but it wouldn't be dull! I've a feeling the players would want to prove a point that they don't need Wayne Rooney, who is obviously being picked either due to some must-play clause or on the back of his back-story. Without either, just judging him like any other player, he doesn't make our team and I wonder if the other players resent his selection. There is clearly a lack of energy, movement and desire from the players, the key question is "Why?".

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Ive only been following for 11 years but I'm starting to get to a similar stage. A few years ago I'd be absolutely gutted now, I'm not happy but am really starting to get in different to it all especially as we can no longer go to matches anyway. 

My first game May 1st 1971 v West Brom Dave McKay,s last match  2 - 0 win ... aged 9 early birthday present ... I've witnessed  the good the bad the ugly ...but when Derby County are in your blood it's to hard to get rid ....but current events are making it easy for me to NOT BOTHER AGAIN ?

Whether we play 343 or 433 (or variants of) we struggle to have any control of games, eventually leading to a dropoff in energy levels or a lapse of concentration resulting in goals conceded. With a Knight and Shinnie midfield, we've added the energy we were previously missing, but we're have absolutely no control of the game - we need Bird, Rooney or Bielik in there. Bielik isn't fit enough yet and Rooney is a wasted player when out of possession. Bird comes in. With Bird back in the team, Knight and Shinnie retaining their spots due to being two of our better players this season, a switch to a 433 variant is a must. Get Knight and Shinnie pressing high.
With a back 4 our full backs need to be good in the air meaning Byrne is dropped for this one with Wisdom stepping in. To aid with getting a clean sheet, Davies retains his spot. Whereas Buchanan comes back in as he's a better fit that Fozzy.
Jozwiak and Lawrence pick themselves at the moment, with the main competition being Sibley and Whittaker. CF is between Rooney and Waggy, the former having the better game last night so keeps his place.

Marshall
Wisdom   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Rooney   Lawrence

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Fozzy, Holmes, Sibley, Whittaker, Waghorn

What we'll actually see...

Marshall
Byrne   te Wierik   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Rooney   Lawrence

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Fozzy, Holmes, Sibley, Waghorn, Kazim

Quite a few of the team line ups still have 4 at the back?!

Mine would be;

Marshall

MTW    Davies    Clarke 

Byrne   Knight    Shinnie   Buchanan 

Lawrence    Waghorn    Jozwiak 

Lawrence needs a performance or he gets hooked at half time with Rooney up front and move Waghorn our wide. Although Rooney can slow the play down at times these days he still was involved in most of our attacking play last night and had the best efforts. 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

QPR was a must win, this is the most must win game I have ever seen. A draw will be bad enough but if we get a defeat then it will be getting close to the time where you start looking at what good pubs they are in Accrington. 

They're all shut - we're in lockdown.

Archived