Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/11/2020 at 10:55, Marriott Ram99 said:

QPR was a must win, this is the most must win game I have ever seen. A draw will be bad enough but if we get a defeat then it will be getting close to the time where you start looking at what good pubs they are in Accrington. 

On 05/11/2020 at 11:28, Beetroot said:

I bet there are some brilliant boozers in Accrington tbf. In fact how good would it be to have one last season of old school footie in league one before we become the next PSG? I'd love an away season ticket next season to watch Rooney cutting his managerial teeth and pies and peas and boozers and old men smoking in the stands and dogs on the pitch...

That's it I've changed my mind. Cocu in. Take us down to the promised land Phil!

Having been to Accrington for the FA Cup game under Lampard, you don't need to bother looking for pubs.

In the marquee outside the ground it was £2 pints pre match, £1 pints post match.

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I can't help but feel that line up solves none of the problems we've been having. 

Dropping Jozwiak.... is just silly.

My friend Krystian convinced me to come here as the team needed me .

Now my friend Krystians match fit, my arse seems to be on the bench for no reason.

Penny for them.  

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

To add to this one thing he doesn't do but you need a player in that position to do, is drop into space and make yourself available for the pass from the back. It's part of why we often see panicky moments bit around the left of our defence and why it often goes long from their.

100% agree & which is why I think this side is crying out for Bird to return - much like it was when he came into the side in January. His inclusion would also pave the way for Davies to stay in the first XI - really don't understand how Davies & Shinnie can work unless Cocu et al are happy with 40-45% possession & playing from deep, which makes no sense given we're playing Barnsley at home.

Accept he was poor against Huddersfield but Max's control of the tempo/composure on the ball makes us look a different unit entirely. From captain v Barrow to being unable to get into the side now - a sad state of affairs & a real waste of talent.

12 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Should see today with Bielik in whether @sage theory of changing the system without making any subs will work or will it be tried? I hope it does because sometimes we need to change things around quickly and it keeps the opposition guessing.

He rang me up last night and asked me to explain how it would work. I hope he made full notes.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In Sibley we had a player whose value was rising up to the 15 million mark, Cocu has single handedly killed that, the lad was being talked about, but that is gone.

If it's TRUE that Rooney needs to play, the quicker his contract is up the better.

I wouldn't necessarily say he has to play .  It's not beyond realistic a large chunk of his wage is only covered when he does.

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

100% agree & which is why I think this side is crying out for Bird to return - much like it was when he came into the side in January. His inclusion would also pave the way for Davies to stay in the first XI - really don't understand how Davies & Shinnie can work unless Cocu et al are happy with 40-45% possession & playing from deep, which makes no sense given we're playing Barnsley at home.

Accept he was poor against Huddersfield but Max's control of the tempo/composure on the ball makes us look a different unit entirely. From captain v Barrow to being unable to get into the side now - a sad state of affairs & a real waste of talent.

You are right you can play Davies or Shinnie but not both and ideally neither. 

Bird is getting a rough go of it for being asked to do most of the work getting us playing in the first 3 games and then never really getting a fair crack beyond it.

On top of all that Shinnie was dreadful. Looked like an out of position left back.

Happy to see Beilik back but I hope we aren’t rushing him back too soon and expecting too much of him!

Hes not yet looked up to speed in the U23’s and starting without any first team mins after his injury smacks of desperation.

As for Keith being on the bench I hope it’s just a precautionary measure........because if he’s been omitted for Rooney then that is utterly ridiculous!

Lets hope we get a result here!

16 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Rooney needs to play or else bet32 won't pay his week's wages (pure speculation, but reasonable speculation). At least put out wide he can't disrupt the CM positions.

I don't believe for a minute bet32 pay anything towards Rooneys wages.

Playing with Rooney is like playing with ten men he’s so immobile. He doesn’t look bothered about putting any effort in.

And we’re dropping our best and liveliest player just to shoehorn him in.

Awful management. He should be coming off the bench for the last 30, not ousting our best players.

Archived