Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

According to the Barnsley fans on Rams Review pod,they are a high energy side that like to play against sides who try to play a passing game.  They will certainly know how to exploit our weaknesses.  So whilst not as much quality as most we've faced they will make it very difficult for us.  

Nevertheless I've got a feeling it's our day, law of averages with decisions etc plus the novelty effect of Cocu not being there and the takeover talk.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will tell us a bit about the Cocu effect. 

Obviously he will impact squad and substitutions but for the most part its out of his hands. 

Very interesting Rosenior is seemingly in charge today, surely the managers assistant would make more sense.

Probably a bonkers game, can see us getting a couple, can't see us keeping a clean sheet though. 

28 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

According to the Barnsley fans on Rams Review pod,they are a high energy side that like to play against sides who try to play a passing game.  They will certainly know how to exploit our weaknesses.  So whilst not as much quality as most we've faced they will make it very difficult for us.  

Nevertheless I've got a feeling it's our day, law of averages with decisions etc plus the novelty effect of Cocu not being there and the takeover talk.

QPR or more specifically Warburton seemed to have sussed us out pretty easily on Wednesday. 

My biggest criticism of Cocu at the minute is that he's abandoned his principles in a desperate pursuit for results...on Weds, we had too many players in who can't really play & very little youth in the team.

The turnaround in Jan was because he was brave enough to trust youth. Knight & Bird guided the a 10 man team to a crucial win over Charlton that kicked off the good run. He needs to do the same again

20201107_130154.jpg.cf59efeb3bc714d820cd6dd2f5048fc2.jpg

24 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

My biggest criticism of Cocu at the minute is that he's abandoned his principles in a desperate pursuit for results...on Weds, we had too many players in who can't really play & very little youth in the team.

The turnaround in Jan was because he was brave enough to trust youth. Knight & Bird guided the a 10 man team to a crucial win over Charlton that kicked off the good run. He needs to do the same again

20201107_130154.jpg.cf59efeb3bc714d820cd6dd2f5048fc2.jpg

Shinnies been our best player last few games by a fair stretch 

Archived