Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In Sibley we had a player whose value was rising up to the 15 million mark, Cocu has single handedly killed that, the lad was being talked about, but that is gone.

If it's TRUE that Rooney needs to play, the quicker his contract is up the better.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but Bird and Sibley are (wrongfully) paying the price for the first 3 games and the tactical changes to "be more competitive".

Would much prefer Whitaker on the bench rather than Holmes who is out of form. Whitaker offers some pace and ability to run at players. He's not perfect and can lose the ball, but at least he injects some mayhem into the opposition, as opposed to controlled Dutch boringness.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well if he's injured or got a knock then he shouldn't be on the bench 

If you're fit enough for the bench you're fit enough to start. 

He could have to come on after 5 minutes. 

People always say that, but if there’s doubts they are nearly always put on the bench. Im not saying that’s right, and I’d play him, but considering they thought he would be out for weeks at first. The idea of him not starting 2 games games in 4 days isnt as completely mental to me, as people are making out

6 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think it's far more likely to be a 343 with Bielik in at RCB. Especially as Byrne and Buchanan have been  picked. 

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure I see the point of that line up.

With only one defender on the bench I'm struggling to see us line up with 3/5 at the back. Bielik has been playing CM for the U23s which ties in with this line of thinking.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

With only one defender on the bench I'm struggling to see us line up with 3/5 at the back. Bielik has been playing CM for the U23s which ties in with this line of thinking.

It's a fair point but I have a niggling suspicion we are reverting back to a 343, with an outside chance that it's a 4231 with Knight at 10

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

People always say that, but if there’s doubts they are nearly always put on the bench. Im not saying that’s right, and I’d play him, but considering they thought he would be out for weeks at first. The idea of him not starting 2 games games in 4 days isnt as completely mental to me, as people are making out

And yet Rooney walked straight back into the side last week.....

19 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hoping we get the bounce of the ball and everything clicks into place.

We need some energy and verve. We had a litte of that playing 3-4-3 and completely lost it playing 4 at the back. I think Cocu gambles and plays Bielik at centre half, just as he did last season when he said Krystian wasn't fit enough to play in midfield. Think the team will be:

Marshall

Bielik     Davies     Clarke

Byrne      Knight    Shinnie      Buchanan

Waghorn      Rooney       Jozwiak

Subs: Roos   Te Wierik    Bird     Sibley     Lawrence     Kazim Richards     Whittaker

I really hope Jozwiak grabs his first goal. Maybe Buchanan will bag one to celebrate his U21 call-up?

4-0 to the Rams!

Called it except for Lawrence instead of Jozwiak. Eric Steele just said on Radio Derby, "I can't understand how Tom Lawrence is in the team and Jozwiak isn't" or something similar. Feeling's mutual.

Personally I don't think Bielik is anything near ready from his U23 performances, so I reckon this is a gamble. Let's hope it pays off.

Marshall

Bielik     Davies     Clarke

Byrne                                       Buchanan

Knight       Shinnie

Waghorn                                  Lawrence

Rooney

Couldn't be that could it? Could some kind person confirm how we're set up once the game is underway?

Archived