Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Bielik.  Davies. Clarke

Byrne.   Shinnie  Knight. Buchanan

Lawrence.  Rooney.   Waghorn.

Jozwiak has been our biggest attacking threat and the most creative in the last few games and he's been left on the bench. In no way can this possibly make sense. Another bizarre decision from a manager I've got absolutely no time for anymore. 

Even if we win today the sooner he's gone the better.

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Shinnies been our best player last few games by a fair stretch 

Can't fault his defensive work but he's technically limited & too slow to get his passes off, which is both impacting on our attacking threat & our ability to retain possession so as not to invite teams onto us. We used to have control of the midfield in most games but we've well and truly lost that now - it feels very much like the team that were all at sea last December. Likewise, Davies has played well for us but again, he isn't suiting our overall play (much like he didn't last December).

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Yeah, struggling with this one myself.

Unless he's carrying a knock (in which case why not play him then sub if necessary, else why have him on the bench) then i really don't understand it

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm guessing 433.

Marshall

Byrne   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Bielik   Shinnie

Waghorn   Rooney   Lawrence

Roos, Wisdom, Bird, Holmes, Sibley, Jozwiak, Kazim

I think it's far more likely to be a 343 with Bielik in at RCB. Especially as Byrne and Buchanan have been  picked. 

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure I see the point of that line up.

I am a bit mystified to be honest, and not for the first time.

I saw the last 20 minutes of the U23 game the other night and Bielik looked completely unfit and nowhere near ready for the first team. Leaving his ability to one side, which i think is a different debate, is he ready for a high energy championship game against a mobile midfield? It didn't look like it to me but then I don't see him every day.

Jowziak was our biggest (only) threat on Wednesday night and I would be delighted if I was a full back and had Waghorn or Lawrence to mark instead.

Still, I am an old man pining for Gary Micklewhite, Geraint Williams, Gerry Daly and Charlie George so what do I know.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Probably because he missed a game after being kicked to pieces, returned and got kicked to pieces again.

Why have him on the bench if he's that bad then? Play him and sub when necessary, been the best player recently 

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Can't fault his defensive work but he's technically limited & too slow to get his passes off, which is both impacting on our attacking threat & our ability to retain possession so as not to invite teams onto us. We used to have control of the midfield in most games but we've well and truly lost that now - it feels very much like the team that were all at sea last December. Likewise, Davies has played well for us but again, he isn't suiting our overall play (much like he didn't last December).

To add to this one thing he doesn't do but you need a player in that position to do, is drop into space and make yourself available for the pass from the back. It's part of why we often see panicky moments bit around the left of our defence and why it often goes long from their.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Probably because he missed a game after being kicked to pieces, returned and got kicked to pieces again.

Well if he's injured or got a knock then he shouldn't be on the bench 

If you're fit enough for the bench you're fit enough to start. 

He could have to come on after 5 minutes. 

Archived