Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Sky running the story too.

What I don't understand is the £2m figure. I thought tribunals could only award compensation in the tens of thousands for unfair dismissal, so I don't understand how it could be that high.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

We/ Mel is still in control of our own destiny ...it’s time to be positive now and move forward ...Mel should tell the skint sheik to do one ..take back control of the club and carry on looking for other investors ...that would be a positive statement and be at least a step in the right direction ...enough is enough ...no money equals no sale ...I’m sure we can find short term investment to get us through to the end of the season ...be positive Mel and take control 

The word investor keeps making me smile. The definition is,  a person or organization that puts money into financial schemes, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit. Surely nobody in their right mind would think putting money into Derby is likely to turn a profit 

5 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

The word investor keeps making me smile. The definition is,  a person or organization that puts money into financial schemes, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit. Surely nobody in their right mind would think putting money into Derby is likely to turn a profit 

Think you’re absolutely right and on the subject of taking risks I would add the following thoughts.

We can’t sign any players because of an embargo that will be lifted once players are paid. 

The takeover is still in limbo ( Dead in my opinion ) so the players get paid let’s say out of Mel’s pocket or an input of cash short term. Is any player in their right mind going to want to sign for us with a possibility they will get a few months in and not get paid, brave move for anyone.

14 minutes ago, JfR said:

What I don't understand is the £2m figure. I thought tribunals could only award compensation in the tens of thousands for unfair dismissal, so I don't understand how it could be that high.

The maximum that an employment tribunal can award is £88,519 unless there is an element of discrimination to the dismissal eg racial, sexual, gender etc. There are also greater pay-outs possible for dismissals resulting from whistle blowing, asserting statutory rights or health and safety breaches.

Keogh has not been awarded £2m by an employment tribunal.

The only way I can see something amounting to that figure is if he is using the ruling as evidence in a claim for breach of contract.

Looks like Mel and Pearce and the club are that embarrassed and don’t know what’s going on they are refusing to give statements and answer questions now. Sky sports last night they didn’t say anything when asked and today they’ve been asked about the Keogh situation and won’t comment and they’ve been asked about the takeover today according to nicko which again they’ve refused to comment on. No refunds for season tickets. starting to see the start of a divide between club and fans as Morris looks like he’s not bothered now in the slightest and looks at only getting worse. 

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The maximum that an employment tribunal can award is £88,519 unless there is an element of discrimination to the dismissal eg racial, sexual, gender etc. There are also greater pay-outs possible for dismissals resulting from whistle blowing, asserting statutory rights or health and safety breaches.

Keogh has not been awarded £2m by an employment tribunal.

The only way I can see something amounting to that figure is if he is using the ruling as evidence in a claim for breach of contract.

The latter being the key. He was under contract, he is claiming the money he is owed. For example, if we wanted to get rid of Anya when he still had a couple of years left we couldn't just sack him for underperforming and pay him 85k for unfair dismissal. 

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Where we were 3 months ago ??

Worse than 3 months ago. At least we then had a little hope for the transfer window, now we cant even get a loan player, let alone a signing, would you wanna join somewhere where you dont get paid, 

47 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Sky running the story too.

Derby County are set to appeal against a tribunal decision which ordered them to pay £2m to their former defender Richard Keogh, who was sacked after sustaining a career-threatening injury in a car accident.... Caused by not getting a taxi or wearing a seatbelt after knowingly getting in a vehicle with an totally oiled driver.   They forgot the last bit.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby County are set to appeal against a tribunal decision which ordered them to pay £2m to their former defender Richard Keogh, who was sacked after sustaining a career-threatening injury in a car accident.... Caused by not getting a taxi or wearing a seatbelt after knowingly getting in a vehicle with an totally oiled driver.   They forgot the last bit.

Strange that Mason and Lawrence weren’t sacked too....they were driving ?

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Looks like Mel and Pearce and the club are that embarrassed and don’t know what’s going on they are refusing to give statements and answer questions now. Sky sports last night they didn’t say anything when asked and today they’ve been asked about the Keogh situation and won’t comment and they’ve been asked about the takeover today according to nicko which again they’ve refused to comment on. No refunds for season tickets. starting to see the start of a divide between club and fans as Morris looks like he’s not bothered now in the slightest and looks at only getting worse. 

If the Club has appealed the reported Keogh judgement then is it any wonder he won't comment - he'd be a fool to do so just to satisfy the thirst for information from a section of the fan base.  We haven't a clue as to how Morris feels and how bothered he is - your post is just your view looking from the outside, without any unsubstantiated facts to back it up.

It doesn't take a genius to see that there are serious financial issues at the Club - players not being paid in December, the uncertainty about a takeover, the absence of a large chunk of gate receipts, lost revenue from other sources and now the reported Keogh claim. 

If I was in his position I wouldn't make any comment until and unless there was something to say which would be a definitive answer to some of these issues. As a fan I'm as interested in what's happening as the next person but don't subscribe to the view that being a fan entitles me to be told what's happening behind the scenes.

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not all true, unless the £2m amount has been leaked. The Fail article only says: "But Sportsmail has learned that the former Republic of Ireland centre back has had his appeal upheld by an employment tribunal. So Derby have been ordered to make a financial settlement to Keogh, who had 21 months left on a contract worth £1.3m a year when he was dismissed."

The amount might be £2!

Archived