Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 14986788 of the takeover, despite assurances, the camels containing the money have still not turned up in Derby, there are rumours that they have been delayed at the French boarder due to not having the right paperwork as well as the camels getting the hump. sources close to the club say that they expect to complete the deal before Mel's great grandson retires 

Its ok, we will get to the bottom of it soon. I thought it best to check out the current financial situation so have called Mel and got his bank details, pin, mother's maiden name and name of his favourite pet. 

He was understandly a little wary, but when I explained I worked for the FBI he said he would have to call me back and I got the missus to answer the phone and pretend to be a receptionist and say 'FBI, Chester Branch'. 

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Its ok, we will get to the bottom of it soon. I thought it best to check out the current financial situation so have called Mel and got his bank details, pin, mother's maiden name and name of his favourite pet. 

He was understandly a little wary, but when I explained I worked for the FBI he said he would have to call me back and I got the missus to answer the phone and pretend to be a receptionist and say 'FBI, Chester Branch'. 

Chester Branch. That’s a cool name for an FBI agent. Sounds like he is special.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Where abouts in Chester are you based? Done a lot of work there, have you come across the charity the Bren Project/Bren Bikes? I co-founded that charity....

30 minutes ago, AGR said:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted in here but the Ramswriter podcast spoke to a Middle Eastern journalist who provided a bit of insight

https://anchor.fm/theramswriter/episodes/Takeover-problems-with-Salam-Hafez-ep87fs/a-a2u1fmm

Was just about post this is myself. Great listen and got more clarity from this than pearces interview

From listening to the podcast I thought it sounded like the journalist had genuine inside knowledge that Sheikh Khaled's investor has pulled out but the rest are educated guesses. Hopefully he is wrong about the deal being 70% dead and the Sheikh will find another investor soon. For the time being though we have got to find a way to plug the gap and get ourselves out of this embargo. I find it hard to believe our wage bill is £7m a month like the host said

17 minutes ago, AGR said:

From listening to the podcast I thought it sounded like the journalist had genuine inside knowledge that Sheikh Khaled's investor has pulled out but the rest are educated guesses. Hopefully he is wrong about the deal being 70% dead and the Sheikh will find another investor soon. For the time being though we have got to find a way to plug the gap and get ourselves out of this embargo. I find it hard to believe our wage bill is £7m a month like the host said

No way is our wage bill over 70 million a month. Think uts more 3 million a month wages

13 minutes ago, AGR said:

Trouble is, I have difficulty believing the rest of a story, when one simple claim is so glaringly wrong. Our latest set of accounts show a wage bill of just under £4m per month. Since then we have got rid of virtually all of the major earners and replaced them with Rooney and maybe one other.

The biggest invester has pulled out, Sheikh Khaled is the 3rd Cousin of the Man City owner, Sheikh Khaled is a nice personable Man,   Financial Times/The Athletic knew he wasn't a Billionaire, DCFC didn't do due diligence on Sheikh Khaled to see if he was who they THOUGHT he was, Money is scarce in Abu Dhabi as it is around the world, Confident that the deal is about 70% in doubt, Most likely hoping that MM is thinking Sheikh Khaled can find another invester, Aware that there could be other investers out there...MSD, Gadsby et al.

So there we have it...We're still waiting.

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Trouble is, I have difficulty believing the rest of a story, when one simple claim is so glaringly wrong. Our latest set of accounts show a wage bill of just under £4m per month. Since then we have got rid of virtually all of the major earners and replaced them with Rooney and maybe one other.

To be fair I think the host was just speculating, the £7m wage figure wasn't stated by the journalist he had on the podcast. I'm guessing the host has just read £7m somewhere on Twitter or the daily m*il. Surely he could have done a bit of quick maths before recording the podcast to realise that the figure is way out though

7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

The biggest invester has pulled out, Sheikh Khaled is the 3rd Cousin of the Man City owner, Sheikh Khaled is a nice personable Man,   Financial Times/The Athletic knew he wasn't a Billionaire, DCFC didn't do due diligence on Sheikh Khaled to see if he was who they THOUGHT he was, Money is scarce in Abu Dhabi as it is around the world, Confident that the deal is about 70% in doubt, Most likely hoping that MM is thinking Sheikh Khaled can find another invester, Aware that there could be other investers out there...MSD, Gadsby et al.

So there we have it...We're still waiting.

How can we not do due diligence on a potential buyer...beggars believe if true.

Archived