Abu Derby County

tinman

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby County are set to appeal against a tribunal decision which ordered them to pay £2m to their former defender Richard Keogh, who was sacked after sustaining a career-threatening injury in a car accident.... Caused by not getting a taxi or wearing a seatbelt after knowingly getting in a vehicle with an totally oiled driver.   They forgot the last bit.

There’s an existing thread called Keogh

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The maximum that an employment tribunal can award is £88,519 unless there is an element of discrimination to the dismissal eg racial, sexual, gender etc. There are also greater pay-outs possible for dismissals resulting from whistle blowing, asserting statutory rights or health and safety breaches.

Keogh has not been awarded £2m by an employment tribunal.

The only way I can see something amounting to that figure is if he is using the ruling as evidence in a claim for breach of contract.

Yes doesnt the wrongful dismissal ruling now allow him to launch a civil case for excess loss over the capped payment? But in terms of cash flow shouldnt be yet. 

43 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

The word investor keeps making me smile. The definition is,  a person or organization that puts money into financial schemes, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit. Surely nobody in their right mind would think putting money into the vast majority of football clubs is likely to turn a profit.

FTFY

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not all true, unless the £2m amount has been leaked. The Fail article only says: "But Sportsmail has learned that the former Republic of Ireland centre back has had his appeal upheld by an employment tribunal. So Derby have been ordered to make a financial settlement to Keogh, who had 21 months left on a contract worth £1.3m a year when he was dismissed."

The amount might be £2!

Given that it seems we're a bit brassic as a club, I'll give him the two quid 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Strange that Mason and Lawrence weren’t sacked too....they were driving ?

When asked why the other guilty parties were also not sacked Mel replied 'mumble mumble mumble, look a dragon' before running off.

I can’t go on Twitter anymore and read the bile from other fans...just wtf has become of our club ??? in a mess and I know he means well but Mel has to shoulder this ....we are a laughing stock!!! ffs ?....now keogh wanting 2m ffs ....we are a total embarrassment tinpot sides like HTFC having a poke it beggars belief how we have been led here!!! ....

ps  the players and coaching staff were excellent last night in difficult circumstances .....sort it out Mel !!!! We as fans can’t do anything...you can!! 

4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Isn't it about time this thread was closed? There is not going to be an Abu Derby County anymore!

It's possible it will be Dellby County now and even that is doubtful.

Can't close it yet. It's got to exceed the Thorne thread.

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

I can’t go on Twitter anymore and read the bile from other fans...just wtf has become of our club ??? in a mess and I know he means well but Mel has to shoulder this ....we are a laughing stock!!! ffs ?....now keogh wanting 2m ffs ....we are a total embarrassment tinpot sides like HTFC having a poke it beggars belief how we have been led here!!! ....

ps  the players and coaching staff were excellent last night in difficult circumstances .....sort it out Mel !!!! We as fans can’t do anything...you can!! 

Normal Leeds nobber bile on the whole, The occasional comment from a 15 year old Forest fan hoping we go bankrupt, not quite realising without us there league programmes as exciting as a Tuesday night out in Reading till the end of time.  Some random bull from blokes who have no real knowledge of the situation from Ireland and the occasional Barnsley half wit .  Very little from Gibson town which is surprising. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ive got to the stage that I'm not bothered about the takeover. Just want confirmation the players are fully paid and will be going forward. If not pretty soon it will all implode.

This exactly, just want the players paid and maybe to be able to make 1/2 signings probably loans but we still need the new faces. It’s been that long that if it does go through no one will trust the new ownership 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Can we keep the this thread for the takeover please, there is another one for Keogh 

But its ok to discuss all the other non- related garbage that's been on here? If all posts were relevant and non- repetitive we would be on about 10 pages. Also just to bring in something else they started talking in the spring so do we not think Chris Martin's departure was the start of their doubts and delays? ??

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

But its ok to discuss all the other non- related garbage that's been on here? If all posts were relevant and non- repetitive we would be on about 10 pages. Also just to bring in something else they started talking in the spring so do we not think Chris Martin's departure was the start of their doubts and delays? ??

No... It all started with signing agent Paterson... 

Tinfoil hat at the ready

Archived