Abu Derby County

tinman

We/ Mel is still in control of our own destiny ...it’s time to be positive now and move forward ...Mel should tell the skint sheik to do one ..take back control of the club and carry on looking for other investors ...that would be a positive statement and be at least a step in the right direction ...enough is enough ...no money equals no sale ...I’m sure we can find short term investment to get us through to the end of the season ...be positive Mel and take control 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Topram said:

I just don’t get how such a successful business man could get this so wrong and fall for this, especially when it’s happened before. It’s public knowledge how he messed with newcastle

I totally agree...people say what a businessman Mel is but seems  to have royally fluffed up here ...also and this bit agrieves me but....said he would only sell to someone who will take the club forward !! Well Mel I’m not quite sure you’ve done your homework there ...makes me worry who it will be sold to ......eventually 

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I totally agree...people say what a businessman Mel is but seems  to have royally fluffed up here ...also and this bit agrieves me but....said he would only sell to someone who will take the club forward !! Well Mel I’m not quite sure you’ve done your homework there ...makes me worry who it will be sold to ......eventually 

Thing is mate, people are only surmising (based on nothing concrete) that he's fluffed up.  If the money was being put up by others who could prove they had it - but then pulled out - I'm not sure MM has necessarily 'fallen' for anything other than a last minute plug-pulling.  Maybe I'm the one that's fallen for the line about all terms being agreed.  As others have said ad nauseum, if the money isn't in his bank a/c,  Mel doesn't hand the keys over.  Doesn't mean that the D/D work wasn't satisfactory in terms of confirming the consortium had the money to do the deal, before something changed their intent.  I guess unless MM breaks his silence (which is frustrating, but understandable), we'll never really know what changed.  

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Wigan local news did a good summary. Looks like basically anyone can be an owner, as long as they can convince the EFL that they don't lack integrity...

Preventing anyone who holds a criminal record from owning a club or being a director.

Making sure those in charge of clubs have the long-term interests of the business.

Ensuring those who own or direct a club do not lack integrity

How does a person fail the test?

The EFL have outlined a number of ‘Disqualifying conditions’ which would see a person fail the test. These could be:

If there is an association between two clubs. “Either directly or indirectly being involved in, or having the power to determine or influence, the management or administration of another Football League Club or Premier League Club”.

Being subject to a suspension or ban or other form of disqualification. This can be involvement in the administration of another sport by a sports governing body or by a professional body, such as The Law Society.

A failure to provide all relevant information or providing false or misleading information.

Having found to have breached betting rules on matches in England and Wales.

Having an unspent conviction for a dishonest act, corruption, perverting the course of justice, ticket touting, corruption or more.

Been or still on the Register of Sex Offenders

Been declare bankrupt

Been a relevant person at at least two football clubs that have been subject to or suffered unconnected insolvency events.

Been a relevant person at one football club that has suffered two unconnected insolvency events.

Found to be unlawful to act as a director of a UK-registered company

presumably the Register of Sex Offenders link was introduced after convicted rapist Owen Oyston's links with Blackpool?

The Keogh appeal, the EFL appeal and our current league position could all be holding up the takeover.

They (the new owners) will not want to pay out (referring to Keogh) on something they did not create.

They will not want to pay the full asking price if we get relegated, whether that is through poor performances or through a points deduction.

Let’s face it Mel has embroiled us in a lot of problematic areas. The sad thing is when he gained full control all he needed to do was keep McLaren, unless Newcastle paid the asking price, then strengthen with three or four new players and we were more than likely to get promoted.

Instead he sacked McLaren, employed a first time manager and spent a lot of money on not a lot of quality.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In all seriousness, an extra £2m liability due to actions of the previous ownership isn't inconsiderable. It might be a factor, but I personally don't think it's "the key and now all will be well" 

They would have built provisions around it into the sale agreement and hence the sale price as buyers due diligence would have dealt with it. 

41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Who have a stadium that holds 90k, favourable TV terms in their country and a global fan base with mass marketing appeal. 

Hardly comparable to us. 

And even taking all that might they have over us they’re  also in the cart and up to their eyeballs in debt.

15 minutes ago, Zurich Ram said:

presumably the Register of Sex Offenders link was introduced after convicted rapist Owen Oyston's links with Blackpool?

He bought the club before the conviction i think.

8 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

The Keogh appeal, the EFL appeal and our current league position could all be holding up the takeover.

true enough. But the first two were known when negotiations started so wouldn't they be addressed in the 'agreed terms' ?

What you don't mention is COVID, possibly the biggest factor.  I'm not prepared to blame MM for that one.  Fully expecting some fans to do so however

1 hour ago, Philmycock said:

Would you like RamsTrust to own us and keep us as a stable mid-table League 2 side?

If it meant having a club to support then I would be all for it. If the other option is administration, it's not inconcievable that we'd end up in League 2 anyway

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

true enough. But the first two were known when negotiations started so wouldn't they be addressed in the 'agreed terms' ?

What you don't mention is COVID, possibly the biggest factor.  I'm not prepared to blame MM for that one.  Fully expecting some fans to do so however

I do not blame Mel for CoVID. However, didn’t Pearce say they started talking to the new owners in April or May time? This was in the heart of CoVID.

Now yes people thought things would be semi normal by now or by November time but no one could be sure.

8 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I do not blame Mel for CoVID. However, didn’t Pearce say they started talking to the new owners in April or May time? This was in the heart of CoVID.

Now yes people thought things would be semi normal by now or by November time but no one could be sure.

You might as well, he’s getting blamed for everything else! ?

Archived