Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

I did notice that Sky & BT didn't zoom in on Mel Morris in our last two live games - & they usually do.

I assume he wasn't there so wonder if indeed, he isn't well or just keeping a low profile ?

Well he must of been there last game because sky said they tried to get an interview with him and he declined 

No statement, smacks of nothing happening now or in the future.

I like quite a lot of fans on this site have turned from being an optimist about this deal to being pessimist, as time as gone by.

If Mel is serious about selling he needs to look elsewhere quickly or draw a line under this whole business.

He then needs to publicly state he's keeping the club for the foreseeable future putting all our energy's into keeping this club in the Championship

If he still wants to sell look at it again close season when football will be returning back to some normality, after we are (hopefully) well on the road of recovering from the Covid crisis.

This is when football will be a much more tempting industry to both purchase and invest in again then.

I don't care about statements regards the takeover, whether it goes through or collapsed. 

All I want is to hear is that the players have been paid and the embargo is lifted so we can sign players. Because that will mean Mel has managed to sort out some money and I very much he would only sort money for the immediate wages.

2 hours ago, AGR said:

Hopefully he is wrong about the deal being 70% dead and the Sheikh will find another investor soon

I seriously hope he is right and with a bit of luck, the deal is 100% dead.

This bloke is looking to run Derby with somebody elses money rather than his own and doesn't give a toss about the club.

If Mel can't afford to keep the club, we need owners that can and will run the club with an eye on the future of the club and not on the bank balance of their investors.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How can a deal be 70% dead? Has he only sent across 30% of the money?

At the end of the podcast the host asked the journalist for his opinion if the takeover to Sheikh Khaled will go ahead and the journo (just stating his opinion) said if he could answer with percentages he thinks its 70% dead

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

This bloke is looking to run Derby with somebody elses money rather than his own and doesn't give a toss about the club.

If Mel can't afford to keep the club, we need owners that can and will run the club with an eye on the future of the club and not on the bank balance of their investors.

Nailed it.

22 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Unfortunately nearly every club in the premiership is run that way exhibit Manchester United 

On 31/10/2020 at 09:50, Newcastle Fan said:

Hi all.  You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from.  I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously.  Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC.  If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot.  They’re potless.  They’re after the publicity.  The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi.  It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles.  He isn’t the ‘cousin’ of the Man City owner - he’s some sort of distant relative (plenty of them in that neck of the woods).  The fact that the BZG did nothing to disabuse anyone of the fact that the press routinely mix their chairman up with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi says everything - he’s a con man.  He works out of a pokey office in Dubai.  He’s not a rich scion of the royal family.  The man is called Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan (note he doesn’t use ‘HH’ before his name - the equivalent of ‘HRH’) - he is NOT HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who is the man who is crown prince (and who the papers kept confusing with), nor is he HH Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is a member of the royal family.  The lazy bar stewards in the North East kept running this story well past the point that these jokers were exposed.

When they ‘bid’ for Newcastle in 2019, we had Liverpool supporters telling us they were tyre-kickers.  They were right.  They had contacted Mike Ashley, who told them the price - they then put out that they had ‘agreed’ the purchase of the club.  For about six weeks the papers waited for them to show proof of funds (a knacker called Midhat was the PR man - watch out for his ********).  The proof of funds never materialised - because they’re potless.  

Hopefully no-one here is confused with the current takeover lot at Newcastle - that is actually the Saudi state (legal stuff is happening re that at present).  It certainly isn’t that lot.

Just a heads-up that it is a waste of time to even think about this chancer buying the club - he hasn’t the cash.  Unfortunately, they took in a lot of our support with their ******** - helped by the uselessness of the football press.  Please don’t waste your time thinking about what will happen under them - this is as far as it will ever get.

With that, all the best for the coming season.  I hope it will be understood that this post was not meant with any animosity - I’ve no negative feelings re Derby (after all, they play in the correct colours and have a dislike of Forest - both sensible & good things). Derby is a grand old club, and it irritates me seeing this bunch of chancers being linked with another historic English club.  

edit: I’ve just seen that they gave Ashley a £30m deposit.  No they didn’t - that was the Saudis.  The Bin Zayed Group didn’t even get past the ‘proof of funds’ stage.  Don’t mix up the Saudi PIF and this lot. 

Reminder of our Newcastle friend’s post in October...........

Archived