Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/01/2021 at 12:46, Ramleicester said:

I suspect our wait is nearly over. Very third party but the midnight oil has been burning at DCFC and a good outcome could be very close.

Then again lol....

One wonders whether the oil is burning on bids from alternative suitors to the UAE group? Certainly hope so as we close another day with no outward sign of progress. 

46 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If the Club has appealed the reported Keogh judgement then is it any wonder he won't comment - he'd be a fool to do so just to satisfy the thirst for information from a section of the fan base.  We haven't a clue as to how Morris feels and how bothered he is - your post is just your view looking from the outside, without any unsubstantiated facts to back it up.

It doesn't take a genius to see that there are serious financial issues at the Club - players not being paid in December, the uncertainty about a takeover, the absence of a large chunk of gate receipts, lost revenue from other sources and now the reported Keogh claim. 

If I was in his position I wouldn't make any comment until and unless there was something to say which would be a definitive answer to some of these issues. As a fan I'm as interested in what's happening as the next person but don't subscribe to the view that being a fan entitles me to be told what's happening behind the scenes.

I wouldn't normally be that bothered about information, but given that I am paying towards next years season ticket, a bit of reassurance that there will still be a team to go and watch would be nice at the very least.

3 hours ago, derby8 said:

Buying Derby County. Get all the official documentation, advice, etc. But also look on sites like this one for additional info, opinions, maybe left field questions to feed into the takeover process. 

not me personally, someone in general interested.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I’ve gone right off that Sheikh and his MDF company. 
What’s he mucking about at?

Derventio Holdings were first registered at Companies House (in Cardiff) on the 1st Sept 2020 and became a legal company the next day. They were registered with 3 directors, Sheikh Midhat Kamil Kidwai (from UAE), Christopher Richard Leney Samuelson (based in Switzerland but British) and Andrew Obolensky (also based in Switzerland and British). On the 30th October both the British men resigned. Mr Samuelson's occupation is described as a company director, but was invovled in the liquidation of London Welsh rugby club, who have since reformed and are known as "London Welsh". He was also with a company called "Recon" that was invovled in the takeover at Villa in the July/August 2016.

Mr Obolensky, occupation is described as a Consultant, was a one time a director at Reading FC, being with them from 24/5/12 till 2/6/14. These guys were obviously brought in by either Mel or the Sheikh because of their sport club backgrounds. What I find strange is that after just 2 months they both resigned.

Sheikh Midhat Kamil Kidwai is still down as a director of Derventio Holdings. The details at Companies house state the person with significant control of the company is Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nahyan. The company's address is 8 Rutland Street, London SW7 1EH, they also have another address in Gibraltar. Sheikh Khaled Zayed is reputed to be worth $15 billion.

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Derventio Holdings were first registered at Companies House (in Cardiff) on the 1st Sept 2020 and became a legal company the next day. They were registered with 3 directors, Sheikh Midhat Kamil Kidwai (from UAE), Christopher Richard Leney Samuelson (based in Switzerland but British) and Andrew Obolensky (also based in Switzerland and British). On the 30th October both the British men resigned. Mr Samuelson's occupation is described as a company director, but was invovled in the liquidation of London Welsh rugby club, who have since reformed and are known as "London Welsh". He was also with a company called "Recon" that was invovled in the takeover at Villa in the July/August 2016.

Mr Obolensky, occupation is described as a Consultant, was a one time a director at Reading FC, being with them from 24/5/12 till 2/6/14. These guys were obviously brought in by either Mel or the Sheikh because of their sport club backgrounds. What I find strange is that after just 2 months they both resigned.

Sheikh Midhat Kamil Kidwai is still down as a director of Derventio Holdings. The details at Companies house state the person with significant control of the company is Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nahyan. The company's address is 8 Rutland Street, London SW7 1EH, they also have another address in Gibraltar. Sheikh Khaled Zayed is reputed to be worth $15 billion.

Samuelson and Obolensky are the two idiots that got Dr. Xia involved at Villa. Almost managed to destroy that club as well. According to the DT they weren't planned to be involved long term anyway - just got the two parties together like they did at Villa.

Archived