Abu Derby County

tinman

8 hours ago, wollatonram said:

Ah yeah let's keep blaming the day of the week, wake up 

Wake up to what. Saturdays are NOT normal business working days and in terms of international transactions don’t count as processing days.

I guess your original post means we can look forward to something similar even though it’s a Sunday.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I naively choose to believe people generally. The club said there were a few hold ups (which bearing in mind what is being sorted out isn't too hard to believe) and it will be sorted soon. 

Rooney being so confident weeks ago, seemed a bit odd but not that odd. I'm happy to just trust in the club until proved wrong. Not sure why they would lie...whatever the excuse, if the deal is announced as dead then I will be very irritated, and even more so if it transpires they have been lying all along.

It doesn't fill you full of confidence all these seeming delays, but I will judge them by their actions when they arrive. Maybe they are just making sure due diligence is being followed which hopefully means we won't have any repeats of the EFL investigations or overpaying and underselling in the transfer market. 

6 hours ago, one_chop said:

As an experiment I've just transferred 500 quid from one account to another bank account and it only took 60 seconds, on a Sunday morning I might add. 

Blows the transfer of cash to buy the club on a Thursday out of the water don't you think ?

An inter account transfer of £500 is a tad different to a multi million pound international (or even domestic) payment from one entity to a completely different one.

To prove the point, if you’d care to transfer a significant amount to my account today (I accept you might not be able to quite muster up several million) I’ll promise to let you know when it shows as cleared funds in my account?

As an experiment I've just transferred 500 quid from one account to another bank account and it only took 60 seconds, on a Sunday morning I might add. 

Blows the transfer of cash to buy the club on a Thursday out of the water don't you think ?

Assume you mean from one of your accounts to another of your accounts?  And only £500?  That's a completely different ball game.
You need to be transferring (a lot more) money to someone else's account for your experiment to be remotely relevant to the situation we are discussing here.

Try it again, but up the figure... and don't send it to yourself this time.

I'll PM you my account details.  I'll let you know when it shows up... and... erm... send it straight back to you... obvs!  

Yours faithfully,

Mr Abegunde Garba,
Nigeria

Yeah because I imagine that for transferring £60m solicitors would use online banking. 

Maybe they got the PIN wrong 3 times on the security tag and have had to order another one.

Sith Happens

Agree, i just took a fiver out of one pocket and put it in the other....mere seconds...

Dont know what they are playing at ?

Of course, the biggest surprise in this post is that @one_chop had £500 to move around.....

A mate of mine went to buy a car privately, he paid the person by bank transfer (£10k I think it was) thinking the money would clear instantly......him not wanting to leave with out the car and the bloke not wanting to give the keys away until the money had resulted in my mate sat at this complete strangers house for 6 hours, even ended up having a Chinese with them ?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Should have taken at least 3 minutes with all the decontamination and hand washing demanded by covid..... ?

I had a mask on dummy ?

4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Agree, i just took a fiver out of one pocket and put it in the other....mere seconds...

Dont know what they are playing at ?

Pffft!
I just wrote a cheque out for £60 million, then set it ablaze to light my cigar, which if nothing else, proves one thing...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3g9heY9L82nOkfWNFlx6

I've just been seeing what you can get for 60M.  I googled property in Knightsbridge and found a flat for £30M which looks a bargain as it comes with a porter, lift and lovely views.  To get the shops and back I'm going for a Bugatti La Voiture Noire at £14.4 million and for holidays I'm getting rid of the caravan and buying a boat, the £72.6m QUANTUM OF SOLACE which they tell me is is a spectacular superyacht with elegant curves.

So that's £118m quid gone on just the basics.  So God only knows why we are getting excited about being owned by this crew.  If they can't find the price of Derby they are  hardly the super wealthy benefactors we are all hoping for.  I'd like it to happen, just so I can stop refreshing this bloody page, but I think we have to be realistic about what the future holds.

Right then, lets take this experiment one step further and put your money where your mouth is.

Transfer your £500 from your personal account to my business account.

I will PM you the online banking details so you can transfer the £500 back to your personal account from there, plus transfer whatever else is in there to yourself as a bonus, I don't use the account much but should be £50 in there.

Of course if you cant get the transfer done today I get to retain the £500.

Let me know when you're ready please.

Yeah unbelievable that 

I read some daft posts on here lately, but I think this one tops the lot.

No offence meant.

Can we all at least agree on one thing, tomorrow is Monday, it isnt a bank holiday, the English arent celebrating 'white bearded man day' and the Arabs arent celebrating National Yacht day, soooooo, tomorrow is the day, the lovely person at the solicitors will press the send button and Mel will receive 60 million into his ramaccount.

Should be done by now

i apparently have this long lost relative in Africa who keeps emailing saying i have been left 95 million i just need to send him my bank details ?

This saga has made my mind up - no way am i giving my details - they will just have to post it all as it takes too long to transfer money.

Please Note: Some of the above contains non factual information !! 
The post is slightly slower to get and i will need a bigger letter box.

20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not gonna bother reading any further, if you're going to start being this ridiculous!   ?

The one thing that we can all agree on is that we are Rams fans and that we all belong to this forum. Hang on, that is two things.

Archived