Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Love for u to expand on ur laughter emoji regarding my comment about us needing to invest well in the window or we could be facing a real slog to stay up

@G STAR RAM @HeathertonRam

do u think that we’re too good to go down or something ? 

I will say it, yes I think we are too good to go down.

I find talk of going down when there are 27 games remaining quite melodramatic, especially when we are in decent form.

Its like a couple of weeks ago when people were saying the Wycombe match was make or break.

Just my opinion of course and feel free to give it a laughing emoji if you think its laughable, I certainly won't take any offence. 

8 minutes ago, Coconut said:

At the minute maybe, but if one of Bielik or CKR gets injured, or both, for a couple of months we're right back in the poo.

That assumes that all other clubs stay injury free for their better players whilst we alone suffer such setbacks. I too think we are too good to go down now the ball and chain suppressing us has been removed and  gone back to Holland

3 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

That assumes that all other clubs stay injury free for their better players whilst we alone suffer such setbacks. I too think we are too good to go down now the ball and chain suppressing us has been removed and  gone back to Holland

And just as importantly we are looking too good to go down atm thanks to Rooney.

4 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Forgive me @Coconut for answering on your behalf but, doesn't it assume that maybe other clubs are less reliant on certain players and have better cover?

29 minutes ago, Coconut said:

At the minute maybe, but if one of Bielik or CKR gets injured, or both, for a couple of months we're right back in the poo.

If any team in this division loses 2 key players for a couple of months they will struggle.

The only 3 have good enough squads to cope are the 3 relegated teams, and ironically we took points off 2 of these teams and could have the 3rd, without both Bielik and CKR in the squad.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Forgive me @Coconut for answering on your behalf but, doesn't it assume that maybe other clubs are less reliant on certain players and have better cover?

Nah it's fine. And you're right, unlike the balance of our squad minus CKR & Bielik - we couldn't play the way Rooney has had us playing without them.

Can't really be bothered to reply to people obsessed with blaming Cocu for everything that's gone wrong tbh.

It's not like we finished 10th last season (getting the best out of Martin & with Lawrence having his most productive season for us), had a spell of about 18 games where we were the form team in the league & had a run of scoring in every match for a similar amount of time, or anything like that.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If any team in this division loses 2 key players for a couple of months they will struggle.

The only 3 have good enough squads to cope are the 3 relegated teams, and ironically we took points off 2 of these teams and could have the 3rd, without both Bielik and CKR in the squad.

Yep, ironically - shame about the reesults against lesser teams!

We're presently still in the relegation zone so obviously such a loss of form is more impactful than someone starting from a stronger position.

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yep, ironically - shame about the reesults against lesser teams!

We're presently still in the relegation zone so obviously such a loss of form is more impactful than someone starting from a stronger position.

Or maybe we have had our share of points lost through not having a full strength squad and other teams have theirs to come...

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

But then again, he could be the next Steve McClaren, so bad at forest that when he works wonders for us, we can't help but think he was messing them up on purpose. I don't want to take that chance, but you know, positive thoughts. 

My friend worked for Forest whilst he was in charge. Some of the stories he told me are beggars belief. 

the guy is either bat**** crazy or an absolute moron, maybe both. 

Archived