Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How long before the line changes to "completed before the end of the year" then "competed in enough time to get some deals done in January" then "completed by the end of the season"? 

I reckon if it hasn't gone through by mid Jan, the whole thing will be cancelled

I just went searching on the Club's website for the joint statement issued regarding the timing for completion and can't find it under 'Club Statement' category for Nov or Dec.  Strange.  If I haven't made a balls-up in the search, I wonder if it's been pulled for some reason?!? Perhaps they have a shelf-life and then get pulled?  There are Covid statements from a similar timescale though.

8 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I just went searching on the Club's website for the joint statement issued regarding the timing for completion and can't find it under 'Club Statement' category for Nov or Dec.  Strange.  If I haven't made a balls-up in the search, I wonder if it's been pulled for some reason?!? Perhaps they have a shelf-life and then get pulled?  There are Covid statements from a similar timescale though.

Think it was only on twitter (it's still there), not an article on the website.

I think people need to remember that this Midhat Kidwai bloke (the group MD) is the mouthpiece for owners, he's the one who had a video call with the Morris, Pearce & the coaching staff a few weeks back (as confirmed by Rooney)

...he's also the one the Newcastle fan said had been contacting supporters on WhatsApp saying that everything was a done deal.

I'm guessing that this interview process involves those same three without any involvement from the sheikh himself

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Anyone else really not arsed about this? I don't really care either way.

I'm bothered only because I'm interested in what happens but if it doesn't go through so be it, it's not like Mel will leave us in the lurch.

Certainly aren't looking at my news feed every hour to see if its gone through.  It will happen when it happens and if it doesn't they will tell us in due course. 

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Me neither. I've lived through Derby County being minutes away from ceasing to exist, so since then, I've looked upon every day as a bonus.

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve lost interest big times but we definitely need it sorting either it happens or doesn’t, plenty of planning ahead new contracts January business new manager etc needs full backing from either Mel or the Sheikh

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd be surprised if many people aren't arsed about it. 

If it happens, it could be a case of "careful what you wish for" and we end up lamenting the days when Mel was the owner. It could be a damp squib with no noticeable difference or it could be the best thing to happen for a long time. So, stating the obvious but, we should be interested but not necessarily as obsessed as some seem to be if there's not been an update for ten minutes. 

Archived