Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t wait to see what the excuse is when it still hasn’t gone through by the start of January.

National holidays, global pandemic, travel restrictions into and around the UK, dealing with people and companies in several different time zones, complex accounting practices?

All terrible excuses. ? 

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

National holidays, global pandemic, travel restrictions into and around the UK, dealing with people and companies in several different time zones, complex accounting practices?

All terrible excuses. ? 

All excuses to hide the truth, which is it’s never actually going to happen.

18 minutes ago, roboto said:

All terrible excuses. ? 

And all excuses that have never been uttered by DCFC, Mel or BHZ group.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I am. We need a change. 

Yes your right i think Mel is now unprepared to keep chucking money in to the club which if this does not happen we will become stagnant and relegation becomes a reality,we have tried the young guns and it dont work

The new owners may be waiting to see what happens in terms of which division we are likely to be in next season before the commit further,i cant see them throwing £60 million in to the pot if were in League 1.Lets hope Rooney and the team can keep this little run of decent results going

The proof is in the pudding lets see how this plays out

Why do the same group of people keep saying again and again that it won't happen. If that's what you think, fair enough, but why repeat yourself literally dozens of times? Instead of insisting other folk move on, how about you take your own advice?

Same goes for the close the thread malarkey. Surely a more obvious option than demanding the thread be closed is to simply stop visiting it a dozen times a day? All you're doing is winding yourselves up. Must be better stuff to do with Christmas around the corner, no?

Have a merry, safe and chilled Xmas folk!

COYR

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

So the takeover isn’t go through before Christmas after all?

*Pretends to be shocked*

Can’t wait to see what the excuse is when it still hasn’t gone through by the start of January.

Why describe it as an excuse rather than a reason? You make it sound like something we're entitled to.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why describe it as an excuse rather than a reason? You make it sound like something we're entitled to.

It’s an excuse because I don’t believe it’s the actual reason. As I’ve said before, this takeover just isn’t going to happen. We’re not entitled to it of course, but boy, do we need a takeover soon. Mel won’t continue to fund us, and we’ll just end up in more debt like the Dell loan otherwise.

1 hour ago, roboto said:

All terrible excuses. ? 

Wild swings in the price of the pound may also be added to that list no doubt 

On 22/12/2020 at 09:14, NottsRam77 said:

We need it to

that impending January transfer window is about a bigger window as it could be for us if we’re to stay up 

Love for u to expand on ur laughter emoji regarding my comment about us needing to invest well in the window or we could be facing a real slog to stay up

@G STAR RAM @HeathertonRam

do u think that we’re too good to go down or something ? 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s an excuse because I don’t believe it’s the actual reason. As I’ve said before, this takeover just isn’t going to happen. We’re not entitled to it of course, but boy, do we need a takeover soon. Mel won’t continue to fund us, and we’ll just end up in more debt like the Dell loan otherwise.

Just a matter of semantics I guess. 

I prefer to me a little more charitable and call it a reason why it's been delay or never happens rather than an excuse.

Archived