Abu Derby County

tinman

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I disagree that we need BIG investment. Yes we need a strong hold up striker (as I doubt CKR is a long term solution) and centre back. We have not yet seen Duncan and Ibe and so as I have previously stated I think the current squad is already good enough to challenge for a top 6 place. It's just a shame Cocu was so inept at getting the best out of this squad. 

We do need big investment. If players haven't made an impact yet, they won't for the next 6 months. 

We are in a relegation fight, we need proven quality not reliance on youngsters and it will only take 1 injury even with the current setup to completely wreck our revival again.

If Beliek gets injured tomorrow do you think we will continue picking up positive results?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I disagree that we need BIG investment. Yes we need a strong hold up striker (as I doubt CKR is a long term solution) and centre back. We have not yet seen Duncan and Ibe and so as I have previously stated I think the current squad is already good enough to challenge for a top 6 place. It's just a shame Cocu was so inept at getting the best out of this squad. 

Takeover delay is to make it feel like a Xmas present to the fans. Wild guess.

48 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Any one else got the feeling they are waiting to speak to Rooney first, get ready to approve his appointment and announce the take over at the same time?

It would make it look like they are coming in to make a big splash and be up in the press?

Or is it me being optimistic that something would be happening ?

Have been thinking the same. Also that they might announce major new sponsorship or name rights deals   They might even announce they have done a deal with the EFL re the appeal    

After this long wait, certainly hoping for more than a vanilla announcement that we have new owners

19 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

We do need big investment. If players haven't made an impact yet, they won't for the next 6 months. 

We are in a relegation fight, we need proven quality not reliance on youngsters and it will only take 1 injury even with the current setup to completely wreck our revival again.

If Beliek gets injured tomorrow do you think we will continue picking up positive results?

I think you are not being realistic. If an unproven manager like Rooney can immediately make us harder to beat and pick up wins, then imagine what others can do. I think the squad is fine, yes we are in a relegation battle, but now that we have gotten rid of Cocu i fully expect us to be mid table by end of season. I am slowly warming to the idea of Rooney as manager, as for all his lack of managerial experience he seems to be making a difference. Also no team in the championship can afford squad players for replacing at the same level their best performers, stop being so dramatic! 

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think you are not being realistic. If an unproven manager like Rooney can immediately make us harder to beat and pick up wins, then imagine what others can do. I think the squad is fine, yes we are in a relegation battle, but now that we have gotten rid of Cocu i fully expect us to be mid table by end of season. I am slowly warming to the idea of Rooney as manager, as for all his lack of managerial experience he seems to be making a difference. Also no team in the championship can afford squad players for replacing at the same level their best performers, stop being so dramatic! 

Rooney cannot be disqualified for having no qualifications if those relevant courses are not being run so a transition state in which he promises to get them should be enough for now.

3 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

The secret of good management is trusting in people and giving them the space and encouragement to succeed. 

Technical skills can only take you so far. It's hard work and team work which will prevail. 

We are finally beginning to see those qualities again. 

Rooney will need a good striker if he is to succeed as manager and I hope he gets one in January. 

Derby have just promoted the "Derby County Show" at 6pm with Owen Bradley. They won't be announcing anything today as, if they were, that would be the main thing on all the channels.

I can't see this occurring until well into January. Feels to me something has gone wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Derby have just promoted the "Derby County Show" at 6pm with Owen Bradley. They won't be announcing anything today as, if they were, that would be the main thing on all the channels.

I can't see this occurring until well into January. Feels to me something has gone wrong. 

Probably that they haven't got a pot to piss in when it comes to this level of investment Liverpool- Newcastle-Derby-Burton Albion-Matlock Town by next autumn. 

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rooney cannot be disqualified for having no qualifications if those relevant courses are not being run so a transition state in which he promises to get them should be enough for now.

I fail to se why you quoted me regarding his qualifications when i made no mention of them, Strange!

5 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I fail to se why you quoted me regarding his qualifications when i made no mention of them, Strange!

Usual mistake by me. I was not quoting you. Just typed it in the wrong box. Also I am Ill at the.moment. my apologies, HR. 

Any news? No? This is definitely going to run into next year. 

We will no doubt be moaning how Wazza only got a couple of days of transfer window come February. 

Hopefully we will be able to loan a couple of players in regardless of ownership being ratified.

Has Shakey paid his legal bill? Have we found out the result of the EFL appeal? 

16 minutes ago, one_chop said:

23rd of December tomorrow. If not announced tomorrow can you honestly see it being announced on Christmas eve ?

Yep. Them and Boris side by side. 

New takeover means billions for Derby. 

Boris only joshing with us. Of course you can all have Christmas. 

Rishi, start the sleigh! 

Archived