Abu Derby County

tinman

Just now, Rampage said:

I firmly believe that this deal will go through. Perhaps we are trying to avoid other clubs demanding £10 million for a £3 million player in the Xmas window because they think that we are loaded.. Sign the players at proper prices and announce  takeover later 

If takeover is already signed do we have an obligation to announce it right away.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Has impatience always been one of your main traits or has this bought the worse out in you?

No I'm just sick of hearing the same excuse it will happen a month ago, then 2 weeks ago, then some holiday, then it will happen before Christmas. 

3 hours ago, wollatonram said:

no we haven't, anyone deluding themselves into thinking we have got a good enough squad to stay up will see what will happen if we dont strengthen significantly.

Look at the table and wake up, we are also on a honeymoon period under a manager and still not out of the bottom 3. 

People are burying their head in the sand if they think we dont need to improve this squad, it is crap - a few clean sheets wont change that.

Well i sure am glad it took you so long to come up with this. Maybe come up with something factual rather than implying that everyone who doesn't think like you is a moron. I'm looking at the table, our performances and our recent results, which all show consistent improvement and suggest we won't be in the bottom 3 for much longer. This clearly isn't a "honeymoon" period - the changes the new coaching setup has made are the reason we have seen the improvement.

I'm also still waiting for your reasoning as to why you think Mel is "settling for second best".

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

No but it did say it will be finalised 'imminently' about two months ago

I was wrong apologies. They said in the second announcement that they were aiming to do it by Xmas.
But honestly: ‘imminent’ or ‘soon’ ... I think that when we look back in this in months to come we will wonder why we could not show a little patience 

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

I can't believe people are getting so wound up by the fact the sale is yet to go through.  There are far more important things in life, especially this year. 

You’re not wrong there, mate. Just being devils advocate, this is a forum for DCFC stuff - not the important things in our lives right now- so if not here, where do peeps vent their frustrations about this protracted deal? I am totally ambivalent about the deal, but understand how others may be getting a tad frustrated after all this time.  Seasons Greetings all. ??

The more that I think about this takeover, the more I believe that we will be in extremely safe hands with this takeover. Wayne has made so much progress, I feel that when the takeover happens, our profile will rocket. We will attract worldwide attention with Rooney doing well. Cannot wait for this takeover and how we will progress from strength to strength. A calm, steady hand from the new owners will make us a force to be reckoned with for years to come. A number of our players look twice as good as three months ago. Team spirit is very high and if you work hard you can get in the team. Staying in the team will require each player continue to develop to fulfill their potential. COYR

Archived