Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The stadium will be renamed the 'Middlesbrough Stinks of Wazz Arena' shortly after.

This would be a crowd-funded sponsorship I assume? In which case, it may well be the most lucrative naming rights deal in British history.

I live 40 miles from Middlesbrough and I can still smell the pish...

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Anyone spotted any recent national developments that might have a bearing on this ?

Yes, Santa's coming and he only comes once a year and he don't half fill your stockings.

And i have ITK he is coming this way before he doesn't go to France'

You have to assume new owners would want to be here in person when the announcement is made and attend some games.

Not sure if Dubai has put the UK on block yet as it was a free travel location before the past 48 hours.

I don’t see this takeover happening this year.

Big news tends to happen around 8/9 o’clock. I’m always looking out for it about now.

The more I check though, the less likely I see it happening, we did get a statement last week but I still sit here thinking something isn’t right if it’s taking this long. The hardest part is done negotiating the price and getting league approval. 
Unless Mel’s doing extra due diligence to make sure they have the money to invest in the club. Maybe he’s trying to explain FFP? 

15 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Big news tends to happen around 8/9 o’clock. I’m always looking out for it about now.

The more I check though, the less likely I see it happening, we did get a statement last week but I still sit here thinking something isn’t right if it’s taking this long. The hardest part is done negotiating the price and getting league approval. 
Unless Mel’s doing extra due diligence to make sure they have the money to invest in the club. Maybe he’s trying to explain FFP? 

The fact Mel and BZG issued a joint statement tells us it's a done deal. Also Percy reports that Rooney will put his case forward to BZG this week.

The club are obviously waiting on something before they announce, a signed bit of paper or something, but it sounds like it's as good as done.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

You have to assume new owners would want to be here in person when the announcement is made and attend some games.

Not sure if Dubai has put the UK on block yet as it was a free travel location before the past 48 hours.

I don’t see this takeover happening this year.

We need it to

that impending January transfer window is about a bigger window as it could be for us if we’re to stay up 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The fact Mel and BZG issued a joint statement tells us it's a done deal. Also Percy reports that Rooney will put his case forward to BZG this week.

The club are obviously waiting on something before they announce, a signed bit of paper or something, but it sounds like it's as good as done.

Hoping so. Just seems very strange. It really shouldn’t be taking this long is the point. I do know the land registry are a minimum of 6 months behind at processing applications, the stadium could be the snagging point but you would have thought the opportunity’s and legal teams available to Mel and the the prospective owners could get around this. 

3 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

All the best with explaining FFP, Mel. So many really informed people on here have tried to explain all its ramifications which has not done the trick for me.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

that impending January transfer window is about a bigger window as it could be for us if we’re to stay up 

We're told the takeover is a done deal. So not sure that timing of completion will affect what they do in the window. Press reports suggest they know who the targets are. Guessing SM will have been hard at work on that 

Also think we'll stay up whatever we do in the window, bar a catalogue of injuries     

Any one else got the feeling they are waiting to speak to Rooney first, get ready to approve his appointment and announce the take over at the same time?

It would make it look like they are coming in to make a big splash and be up in the press?

Or is it me being optimistic that something would be happening ?

17 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Any one else got the feeling they are waiting to speak to Rooney first, get ready to approve his appointment and announce the take over at the same time?

It would make it look like they are coming in to make a big splash and be up in the press?

Or is it me being optimistic that something would be happening ?

More likely it's running into various people taking leave for holidays, and all the legal bits and bobs expecting to go through right after. (My guess)

Or it was all a sham and our new year's Day headlines are "players not paid"

Or it'll be announced tomorrow

My guess is we'll not hear anything until after the holidays.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

hopefully its not proof of funding they are waiting on

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

We need it to

I just hope recent results havent made us complacent for the upcoming window. we need big investment into this squad, the worst thing that could happen is we hit good form in dec/jan and realise when thats over we are woefully short

12 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

I just hope recent results havent made us complacent for the upcoming window. we need big investment into this squad, the worst thing that could happen is we hit good form in dec/jan and realise when thats over we are woefully short

I disagree that we need BIG investment. Yes we need a strong hold up striker (as I doubt CKR is a long term solution) and centre back. We have not yet seen Duncan and Ibe and so as I have previously stated I think the current squad is already good enough to challenge for a top 6 place. It's just a shame Cocu was so inept at getting the best out of this squad. 

Archived