Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not good for him or Bristol city..

Hope it's a not a longer term injury at this stage of his career.

It will sound like I’m having a dig, it isn’t.  This is why we didn’t fancy a 2 years contract of course.  Wouldn’t it be just us to be in this position.  Good luck CM 

49 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It will sound like I’m having a dig, it isn’t.  This is why we didn’t fancy a 2 years contract of course.  Wouldn’t it be just us to be in this position.  Good luck CM 

What you mean like with Bielik? If you read their comments there's lots questioning their training team - they have 11 first team players out injured currently!

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I was going to makes similar comment to be honest...you can get injured at any age as we have found out to our cost with bielik.Martin has spent very little time out injured throughout his career,the last time being 2015 as I recall.

Ah ok I see what @RoyMac5was saying.  Sorry Roy.  Surely the odds of injury increase with age as do the risks relating to recovery.  It would normally be us in this position and for once it isn’t.  Like I said, good luck to him but I am happy that this is another team’s problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Quagga said:

image.png.2643342982a62fcb992609e7a5fc6cb3.png
I shouldn't look at this stuff, it only depresses me. They're 3-1 up, all scored by ex-Rams

The decision not to keep hold of Martin sums up the past few seasons. Just bonkers! Goal and an assist tonight. What a kin surprise!

CKR has done great things for us but Chris Martin he ain't

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

The decision not to keep hold of Martin sums up the past few seasons. Just bonkers! Goal and an assist tonight. What a kin surprise!

CKR has done great things for us but Chris Martin he ain't

We also miss Martin's assists,perhaps as much as his goals.

Probably our ultimate player own goal of late and which probably cost Cocu his job.

50 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We also miss Martin's assists,perhaps as much as his goals.

Probably our ultimate player own goal of late and which probably cost Cocu his job.

Totally agree. The decision to let him go elsewhere is the thing that angers/saddens me most when you see what has happened here on the playing side since.  Imagine the youngsters learning from him. Do we know who made the decision as yet? Cocu or Mel? 

People wetting the bed after Martin has a good start to the season, again?

He started last season well but completely tailed off -  by the time he got injured his record was 2 goals in 26 championship appearances. He got 5 assists but 4 of them were in his first 5 matches.

We'll see what happens this year now he's got Weimann back alongside him, it seems to be a good little partnership.

Of course I'd have him back, but he chose to leave for a fresh start, more security and a longer contract.

He didn't back himself to earn another year here after the 1-year contract offer, didn't back himself to perform well enough for another club to come in for him after that year was up.

Of course there was also the risk factor of getting injured (which he did!) and finishing a contract while on the treatment table - that hasn't stopped Curtis Davies sticking around, but clearly Chris & Curtis have different priorities.

Again. His decision. We didn't force him to leave ?

His name's not Chris Martyr

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

People wetting the bed after Martin has a good start to the season, again?

He started last season well but completely tailed off -  by the time he got injured his record was 2 goals in 26 championship appearances. He got 5 assists but 4 of them were in his first 5 matches.

We'll see what happens this year now he's got Weimann back alongside him, it seems to be a good little partnership.

Of course I'd have him back, but he chose to leave for a fresh start, more security and a longer contract.

He didn't back himself to earn another year here after the 1-year contract offer, didn't back himself to perform well enough for another club to come in for him after that year was up.

Of course there was also the risk factor of getting injured (which he did!) and finishing a contract while on the treatment table - that hasn't stopped Curtis Davies sticking around, but clearly Chris & Curtis have different priorities.

Again. His decision. We didn't force him to leave ?

His name's not Chris Martyr

I think you missed the title of the area where this was posted...the ex rams section where ex rams and their current situations is discussed.

Here's a tip,if you don't wish to read about ex rams,keep out of the ex rams section and your blood pressure might improve too.