Johnny Russell

DarkFruitsRam7

40 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Who was manager when we flogged him? Seem to remember him saying he’d become disillusioned with football in his last year with us?

Rowett. Russell has since said that some stuff happened behind the scenes with other members of staff that put him off football, but it wasn't to do with Rowett himself.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Linked with Newcastle, Sheff United and Fulham according to the S*n

Would be a good signing for any of them sadly and would still be a good signing for us but I would suggest we can’t afford his wages no doubt.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.........

One of the best songs in the last 10 years.

Seriously, he'd have been POTY in our team this season.

He’d have been injured knowing our luck.  Who better, Russell or the polish lad? 

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Peak Russell but tbf to Joz we've not seen what he can do with better players around him.

So Russell for about 30 games?

(Thats his total goals, as I don’t remember him creating much for anyone else)

I did like Johnny and in fairness he did play for us on the wing where he was supposed to be a proper striker when he first came to us. He lacked a bit in front of goal ironically but put his heart into everything and tried his best. If his wages were reasonable I'd love him back but i doubt he's in our budget anymore. 

Johnny Russell is out of contract at the end of this MLS season, Sheffield United , Newcastle and Fulham are after him, I think he would love to come back to the Rams, however if my memory serves me well, there are many on here who would have to eat brown and nasty stuff, yes Jimboram and Millenniumram would you start your anti Russell posts again.

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I know probable very little chance of getting him back. But I for one I would try and get him back very hard working player and knew were net was and could work well with Richard's or with Marriott if he stays at Derby. If we could find a way make a deal for him I would welcome him back with open arms.

Far better than anyone we've got in that position. Or at least he was before he left. So yes