Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

So Lawrence in the 10 with Rooney and 1 of the others, whichever is in-form behind. That also leaves plenty of cover?

We have to hope the house of cards stays in place, but it’s really not difficult to see how it could all come tumbling down.

Like I said, numbers in midfield is not the issue, but quality, blend and reliability could all become issues over the season.

Even Rooney I struggle to feel comfortable with - physically, he looks completely unsuited to what we need.

Let’s see what the next few hours bring - maybe we’ll all be pleasantly surprised.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We have to hope the house of cards stays in place, but it’s really not difficult to see how it could all come tumbling down.

Like I said, numbers in midfield is not the issue, but quality, blend and reliability could all become issues over the season.

Even Rooney I struggle to feel comfortable with - physically, he looks completely unsuited to what we need.

Let’s see what the next few hours bring - maybe we’ll all be pleasantly surprised.

Which is why we've brought in Kazim-Richards who is a battler with a real physical presence to offer a more combative approach but everyone is bemoaning that as well

Who would you realistically bring in that would improve either of those areas without blocking gametime for the academy lads?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

This is absolutely ducking ridiculous. I honestly don't know what else to say. Absolutely ducking ridiculous. 

What an absolute shambles: first spending the amount of money on him we did and then just giving him away to apparently bring in no replacement. This club is an utter embarrassment at times. 

How can we possibly get out the rut of signing bad players and then giving them away for next to nothing if absolutely nothing behind the scenes ever changes? 

screaming the help GIF

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

If it all turns out to be hunky dory then I will accept this, however if it doesn't then surely it's an acceptable response? 

We have three strikers for one spot. How many strikers you'd want? Getting rid of Marriott makes complete sense as he is not suitable for the role, all three others are better options.

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The underlying issue for me is that we trust another team to make our players more valuable than ourselves. 

You've watched him, he's like a fish out of water with the way we try to play. We need a focal point.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Urm, okay. . .  

who’s playing up front tonight then? ? ?‍♂️

Old man Rooney who’s legs have gone 

Old Man Colin from the Mexican league

Waghorn who isn’t fit 

Bobby Duncan who hasn’t kicked a ball for months 

Jamal Hector Ingram who hasn’t played a league game for us yet this season 

What on earth are we playing at? Absolute shambles 

sad tantrum GIF

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Which is why we've brought in Kazim-Richards who is a battler with a real physical presence to offer a more combative approach but everyone is bemoaning that as well

Who would you realistically bring in that would improve either of those areas without blocking gametime for the academy lads?

Sorry, I presumed you were talking about Rooney in midfield.

But the same applies. I don’t really see anywhere in the first eleven that is right for Rooney and a spot where we wouldn’t suffer due to his lack of fitness and athleticism.

The Championship is such a physical league these days.

I don’t think we should concern ourselves with the ‘pathway for the youngsters’ but more with whether we have sufficient quality and blend. There will always be a pathway for young players that prove themselves to be good enough.

Well at this point, I think it’s too late to even speculate about that now. I think our business is finished and we’ll have to live with our mistakes.

We need to get the penny jar out and start saving for next summer now.

37 minutes ago, Derbados said:

The same Gestede that most recently refused to train because he wanted a bigger move and was creating toxicity round the training ground so was told in no uncertain terms by Warnock to go home and not bother coming back? 

He sounds ideal 

Appalling behaviour from a player, just so Rudy.

"I'm just relieved to be here, and kick on now," Marriott told Sheffield Wednesday's YouTube channel.

"It was probably earlier on in the week me and my agent heard of the interest, and it was very appealing to me. I just want to be playing football, enjoying football, as any footballer does. I am just relieved it is done, and I can focus now."

Archived