Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Strange way to go about things, giving him a new contract and then loaning him out. I get protecting his value, but could we not have sold him permanently this window? Anyway good luck Jack, might see you again in January.

Will probably score on his debut.

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

I like Jack Marriott. I think this is a terrible decision by the club, and makes very little sense, unless we have a new striker inbound today (not the 34 yr old non-scorer guy).

You mean the ''non scorer guy'' that has scored 14 league goals since 2018 while Marriott has scored 10...?

40 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Little bit of a dig here in a weird way same as lowe and malone makes you wonder if something going on at the club 

Every player that has left has had the exact same dig. 'I want to play for the manager here, I'm so relieved to be here, I want to get back to enjoying my football again, the training here is fantastic'

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Every player that has left has had the exact same dig. 'I want to play for the manager here, I'm so relieved to be here, I want to get back to enjoying my football again, the training here is fantastic'

Shock horror, players that fall out of favour make sly dig at manager that dropped them, coupled with saying the right things to win the new fans over... Doubt there's anything in it, never looked like Cocu and Marriott were best buds- same with all the departed players. 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think this is looking for something... why would they not say this?

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Strange way to go about things, giving him a new contract and then loaning him out. I get protecting his value, but could we not have sold him permanently this window?

Anyway good luck Jack, might see you again in January.

I would assume that was looked at - but he's hardly played for two seasons and not put up any noteworthy numbers when he has; so I imagine any figures anyone was willing to pay for him were very low.

Radio Derby have said that we aren't bringing anyone else in.

I hope Cocu has a good explanation as to why he's let Marriott go. 

Shambolic management. 

To sanction this with no replacement. 

We now have a 34 year old Rooney. Who's not really 100% fit yet and basically is a midfielder now. Replacing Marriott as the 3rd striker. 

A 30 year old Waghorn. Who isn't fit and probably won't be for a few weeks. Who also misses absolute bread and butter chances.

Colin Kazim-Richards. 34. Been round the world more times than a stamp. Scores more than 10 goals in a season once in his entire 16 year career.

Bobby Duncan. No idea what he's like. No idea if he's good enough. But he's not fit.

So essentially we are going into October with Rooney up front. He's gonna have to play every game. Because nobody else is fit.

You just know Marriott will score goals for Wednesday which will just run salt into the wounds.

You can gloss this up as much as you want. But this is an utter shambles from the club and the manager.

Marriott himself I'm not bothered that he's gone. That's not the issue. It's fine. But to not sign a replacement. It beggars belief.

I would love to know the thought process behind this.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambolic management. 

We now have a 34 year old Rooney. Who's not really 100% fit yet and basically is a midfielder now. Replacing Marriott as the 3rd striker. 

A 30 year old Waghorn. Who isn't fit and probably won't be for a few weeks. Who also misses absolute bread and butter chances.

Colin Kazim-Richards. 34. Been round the world more times than a stamp. Scores more than 10 goals in a season once in his entire 16 year career.

Bobby Duncan. No idea what he's like. No idea if he's good enough. But he's not fit.

So essentially we are going into October with Rooney up front. He's gonna have to play every game. Because nobody else is fit.

You just know Marriott will score goals for Wednesday which will just run salt into the wounds.

You can gloss this up as much as you want. But this is an utter shambles from the club and the manager.

Marriott himself I'm not bothered that he's gone. That's not the issue. It's fine. But to not sign a replacement. It beggars belief.

I agree it's a ducking shambles, before Marriott had departed I could just about stomach Martin going and Duncan and Richards coming in but with Marriott going as well and potentially no replacement for Lowe leaving us with poor quality left backs its completely unacceptable.  Waghorn better get back quickly or our season will be in shambles by the time he and Ibe come in to add some quality, next 3 games are going to be crucial. 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambolic management. 

It’s very poor, unless Dursan is coming in January time 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambolic management. 

Couldn't agree more. If this was Forest we'd all be laughing like hyenas at them. We've had plenty of notice to sort this out, and we're left with all first team strikers over 30. 

Also with Marriotts language of being 'relieved' and wanting to 'enjoy football' plus Lowe and Bogles comments, we're deluding ourselves if we don't think there's a slightest bit of dismay at the club at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

It’s very poor, unless Dursan is coming in January time 

Too little to late, we will be thinking about next season by then as this season is becoming a complete right off. Good season not to have fans in tbh, hopefully by next season things will be better. 

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I agree it's a ducking shambles, before Marriott had departed I could just about stomach Martin going and Duncan and Richards coming in but with Marriott going as well and potentially no replacement for Lowe leaving us with poor quality left backs its completely unacceptable.  Waghorn better get back quickly or our season will be in shambles by the time he and Ibe come in to add some quality, next 3 games are going to be crucial. 

Also we've got 5 games in 2 weeks.

Rooney is probably going to have to play upfront in all of them.

Honestly this is an absolute joke.

You could skew 90% of the generic comments made by players about a new club as being a 'sly dig' at their previous club if you were really of the mind to do so.

It's quite sad that we seem to have acquired a whole bunch of people who'd first about absolutely anything is how they can find a way of twisting it to use against the manager, club, chairman, whoever.

The "I'm always right, the club's always wrong" brigade, champing at the bit to tell us all the ways in which they're unhappy. I genuinely think some people have forgotten that their role as a supporter is supposed to include giving their own club, and those in its employ, the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

...that said, things are looking pretty grim on this deadline day, I'm certainly not happy with the bloody stupid position we've put / found ourselves in, so complain away, because it's a mess!

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambolic management. 

Wow .... just wow 

I’m gob snacked ... we’re either under a soft embargo that the club are keeping quiet about or our amortisation policy along with Covid is coming home to roost

i fear for this season 

Archived