Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

A midfielder for where? Got plenty for the 2 holding and Lawrence/Sibley for the No.10...

Refer back to my previous post in the thread.

We have the numbers, yes, but not necessarily the quality or the reliability.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion, but im not fussed at all with this. He’d already lost his place to Rooney, and with Waghorn back in training he’d be behind both. Then Kazim-Richards is the “alternative” type striker. After that I’d rather see Duncan or Hector-Ingram get chances as the 4th option.

I might be wrong, but i don’t expect a Marriott replacement is coming in.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

One of Rooney, Kazim-Richards, Duncan or Waghorn if he is considered fit enough.

So Rooney who I think we can all admit doesn’t have the legs anymore to be effective as a CF. Turkish Colin and his 4 a season goal tally, Duncan who hasn’t played in x months and is untried at this level and Waghorn who is still not fit. What wonderful options we’ve been left with, cracking that Phil good job 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Unpopular opinion, but im not fussed at all with this. He’d already lost his place to Rooney, and with Waghorn back in training he’d be behind both. Then Kazim-Richards is the “alternative” type striker. After that I’d rather see Duncan or Hector-Ingram get chances as the 4th option.

I might be wrong, but i don’t expect a Marriott replacement is coming in.

Sort of agree. Rooney shouldn't be playing up front - yes he scored a free kick but was god awful and the reason we were camped in our own half against Norwich. But, Jack can't stay fit and rarely does anything when he does play. Do need a body in though, would be quite happy if that was someone like Connor Wickham.

2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

So if Marriott is flying, we will recall him in Jan? Very strange move all round.

Can only mean that our budget plan for wages etc is simple survival. Sell to buy and get rid of all high earners. Avoiding mediocrity could be difficult. Another way of looking at it is that Jozefzoon, Hudds, Marriott, Malone, Bennett, Carson, Bogle, Lowe and Anya could not hold down their places or were replaceable by cheaper players on lower wages. Chris Martin being a major exception. Building a team from the Academy looks viable in two years but the cream of the crop will surely go to Prem teams. We need all the players to play to their potential to finish top 8 now imo.

Just now, TexasRam said:

So Rooney who I think we can all admit doesn’t have the legs anymore to be effective as a CF. Turkish Colin and his 4 a season goal tally, Duncan who hasn’t played in x months and is untried at this level and Waghorn who is still not fit. What wonderful options we’ve been left with, cracking that Phil good job 

Or we could have stuck with Marriott, who hasn't been fully fit for what seems like a year now, looks lacking in confidence in-front of goal and doesnt fit the system we play.

Now he's left he will be pinned up as the saviour and solution to all of our problems when anyone with a head and two functioning eyes could see that he doesn't fit our current system. People need to calm down over this one.

Just now, Srg said:

Sort of agree. Rooney shouldn't be playing up front - yes he scored a free kick but was god awful and the reason we were camped in our own half against Norwich. But, Jack can't stay fit and rarely does anything when he does play. Do need a body in though, would be quite happy if that was someone like Connor Wickham.

A fit Connor Wickham would be great.

So yesterday we sign a player who more suits Cocu's style of play but most opinions are that its a joke we should have given youth a chance and Rooney would be better....yet when we loan someone who clearly doesnt fits Cocu's teams, will be well down the pecking order, injured alot and doesnt score many either but the club is a joke again? Why not give youth the chance over Marriott? 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Or we could have stuck with Marriott, who hasn't been fully fit for what seems like a year now, looks lacking in confidence in-front of goal and doesnt fit the system we play.

Now he's left he will be pinned up as the saviour and solution to all of our problems when anyone with a head and two functioning eyes could see that he doesn't fit our current system. People need to calm down over this one.

We don’t score goals, Marriott is a goal scorer. Goals win games, please just help me, who is going to score goals In this team? 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Refer back to my previous post in the thread.

We have the numbers, yes, but not necessarily the quality or the reliability.

I disagree, forgot about Holmes as well who can play either. 

For the 2: Bird, Knight, Shinnie & Bielik are all up to scratch

For the #10: Lawrence looks better centrally and offers double figure goals, Holmes is statistically one of the best progressive dribblers in the league, Sibley one of the most exciting youngsters in the country

...but yeah, nowhere near Championship-quality them lot ?

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

A fit Connor Wickham would be great.

Fact remains, Jack Marriott has scored 4 goals since Lampard left and is rarely available. If he is available, he's rarely 100%. JHI and Duncan could get that many goals in this league I'm sure of it - and that's without making a signing at some point today.

Urm, okay. . .  

who’s playing up front tonight then? ? ?‍♂️

Old man Rooney who’s legs have gone 

Old Man Colin from the Mexican league

Waghorn who isn’t fit 

Bobby Duncan who hasn’t kicked a ball for months 

Jamal Hector Ingram who hasn’t played a league game for us yet this season 

What on earth are we playing at? Absolute shambles 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you believe that the manager makes all the decisions in regards to recruitment, then you've got to question Phillip Cocu here. I've been one of his biggest supporters during his time at the club, but if this is genuinely what he thinks is best then I have to question that because...wow.

Does anyone really believe that? 

Just now, TexasRam said:

We don’t score goals, Marriott is a goal scorer. Goals win games, please just help me, who is going to score goals In this team? 

I don't know, but Marriott hasn't exactly been banging them in over the last year has he?

We've got 20+ goals coming back in to the team soon in the form of Lawrence and Waghorn. That will certainly help.

Archived