Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

If we don’t get a left back and striker in I could easily see us near the bottom. We won’t be able to score. This widow had so much promise and all that hope just get kicks out of you. Still a few hours left maybe the club have kept it under wrap. I doubt so but you never know

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Couldn't agree more. If this was Forest we'd all be laughing like hyenas at them. We've had plenty of notice to sort this out, and we're left with all first team strikers over 30. 

Also with Marriotts language of being 'relieved' and wanting to 'enjoy football' plus Lowe and Bogles comments, we're deluding ourselves if we don't think there's a slightest bit of dismay at the club at the moment. 

Totally agree mate 

Wish people would stop overreacting. Before yesterday, most people were saying it was our best window in ages. Now its a massive shambles?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Marriott is some sort of God. Most of his goals came in a month long purple patch in October 2018, since then he's been injury prone and barely scored. In the league, he's scored 10 goals in 69 appearances (0.28 goals per 90). Waghorn, in the same time period, playing the majority of games on the right rather than his favoured position up front, has scored 21 goals in 79 games (0.35 goals per 90). 

Yes we haven't sorted out our striker problem, but the fact is, it's known by other clubs that we're desperate for a striker, this means they're purposely making it difficult for us to sign their players as they know how desperate we are. 

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

If we don’t get a left back and striker in I could easily see us near the bottom. We won’t be able to score. This widow had so much promise and all that hope just get kicks out of you. Still a few hours left maybe the club have kept it under wrap. I doubt so but you never know

Black widow Big Trev ?

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Wish people would stop overreacting. Before yesterday, most people were saying it was our best window in ages. Now its a massive shambles?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Marriott is some sort of God. Most of his goals came in a month long purple patch in October 2018, since then he's been injury prone and barely scored. In the league, he's scored 10 goals in 69 appearances (0.28 goals per 90). Waghorn, in the same time period, playing the majority of games on the right rather than his favoured position up front, has scored 21 goals in 79 games (0.35 goals per 90). 

Yes we haven't sorted out our striker problem, but the fact is, it's known by other clubs that we're desperate for a striker, this means they're purposely making it difficult for us to sign their players as they know how desperate we are. 

Only deluded happy clapping fans would think this a great window, we have lost Martin our best attacker and brought in duck all to replace him with then we let Marriott go as well, we also let Lowe go without a replacement which is also piss poor. Only thing I'm happy with is Marshall who is a quality keeper and potentially Ibe and Jozwiak but the jury is out there, good job we've got Marshall as he will certainly be kept busy. 

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

“People“ get over excited at both Ends of the emotional scale 

I think the reality is that’s it a disappointing window when u see ur talismanic focal point for the last however many years leave to be replaced by A journeyman who has a sketchy scoring record / considered a winger to lead the line 

I’m not writing anyone off as Iv seen too much football to know that football can always surprise u but I’m feeling massively underwhelmed and more worryingly concerned about where we are as a club and which direction the season may take us 

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

What a joke, we are only desperate because we have left it so late as usual if we hadn't farted around offering pittance for Dursun we would have had enough time to bring in a replacement for Martin. Everyone except the most optimistic fans knew this would be the situation because its ducking typical from Derby to have shocking and unorganised transfer dealings. 

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I have a little bit of sympathy for everything you say but are you really happy that a club which clearly has problems attracting a forward has sent away yet another one?  I for one am shacking my head in confusion

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

we have lost Martin

We tried to keep him, but he wanted a 2 year deal at least. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

we also let Lowe go

£3.5m for an irregular starter who was in the last year of his contract, plus you have 2 LB's and a decent academy prospect.

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Only thing I'm happy with is Marshall

Incomings of: Byrne, Jozwiak, Clarke and Ibe, yet you're only happy with Marshall?
Outgoings of: Jozefzoon, Malone (one of our highest earners), Bennett, Huddlestone (high earner) and Anya (very high earner).

Stop overreacting.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m feeling massively underwhelmed

Incomings of: Byrne, Jozwiak, Clarke and Ibe, yet you're only happy with Marshall?
Outgoings of: Jozefzoon, Malone (high earner), Bennett, Huddlestone (high earner) and Anya (very high earner).

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

more worryingly concerned about where we are as a club

We've massively decreased the wage bill and refused to pay over the odds for players, doing sensible business?

4 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

What a joke, we are only desperate because we have left is so late as usual if we hadn't farted around offering pittance for Dursun we would have had enough time to bring in a replacement for Martin. 

How do you know for certain, we haven't been looking all window for a striker? Dursun we are being sensible about, why would you pay over the odds for someone, who is out of contract at the end of the season, so you can get him for free, or get him for a lot cheaper in January when they want to sell to get some money?

We tried to keep him, but he wanted a 2 year deal at least. 

£3.5m for an irregular starter who was in the last year of his contract, plus you have 2 LB's and a decent academy prospect.

Outgoings of: Jozefzoon, Malone (one of our highest earners), Bennett, Huddlestone (high earner) and Anya (very high earner).

Stop overreacting.

Are you forgetting Bogle?  Clarke doesnt count because he was here last season, who cares about what crap we've cleared out the main thing is we have lost Martin and Marriott with Waghorn injured so have duck all quality options upfront. Ibe hasn't even played yet and will take duck knows how long to get fit. Also Buchanan and Forsyth are nowhere near as good as Lowe, Forsyth was acceptable but is over the hill now so we are crying out for a left back, I'm hoping Richards is good and can stay fit because we will need him if Waghorn doesn't get fit soon. 

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

clearly has problems attracting a forward has sent away yet another one? 

Clubs know we need a striker - so they're purposely holding out for a lot more money than they want from other clubs, because they know we're desperate. I'd rather us not pay over the odds for players (eg. £6m on a Wilson loan) than do what we did under Clement and pay £10m for players we sold on for £0.

Just now, Jubbs said:

Outgoings of: Jozefzoon, Malone (high earner), Bennett, Huddlestone (high earner) and Anya (very high earner).

We've massively decreased the wage bill and refused to pay over the odds for players, doing sensible business?

Where did I say I was only happy with Marshall ????

u totally miss the point .... we were crying out for these positions no matter who stayed or left.... for the record these are solid signings for me 

none of them bar jos are getting me excited , but then football isn’t always about that is it 

as for feeling underwhelmed and concerned 

well ... how would u put it 

yes we have lawrence and waghorn to return but the nuts of it is that weve registered about 2-3 shots meaningful on goal in thIs season if u exclude penalties against barrow and rooneys free kick... and we’ve replaced our main focal point with a guy that doesn’t naturally fill me with confidence that we will change that trend 

I’m clinging to the hope he can do a kuqi style role and bring more out of those around him 

just not feeling it... sorry 

How do you know for certain, we haven't been looking all window for a striker? Dursun we are being sensible about, why would you pay over the odds for someone, who is out of contract at the end of the season, so you can get him for free, or get him for a lot cheaper in January when they want to sell to get some money?

Because it means we will be ducking atrocious this season if Richards doesn't suprise us all, if we finish 18th say who the hell will want to sign for us for next season of any quality? 

Archived