Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

5 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

More likely to get his wages off the books. His loan can only be cancelled if all three parties agree. Marriott might also prefer to be somewhere where he's getting paid.

I would assume on a loan that the club who owns him still pays him. Wednesday would pay money to Derby. After all he’s still our employee. I don’t know this it’s how it’s done, just speculating.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Gotta feel for the lad, went out to play football and has been royally stitched. Feels like a George Thorne mk 2/ikechi anya

Anya didn't want to go anywhere.

Thorne wanted to play but we wouldn't let him leave.

We extended Marriott's deal for an extra year in October as well to prolong his misery.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anya didn't want to go anywhere.

Thorne wanted to play but we wouldn't let him leave.

We extended Marriott's deal for an extra year in October as well to prolong his misery.

I am sure he likes the money (£18,000 per week reportedly) I think we are trying to maintain some kind of a decent return on him if we could sell him this summer but that depends on him playing and scoring goals probably. There is also a chance that he could sort himself out and get into our team next season.

The thing about true fitness is that it makes you sharp. 

By that I mean being on your toes, looking around you for an opportunity. Finding pockets of space in which to attack. 

I just haven't seen that from him for a while now. 

Even his little sideways closing down run looks slower. I think that's a combination of lack of fitness and lack of confidence. 

He needs to find the determination to put things right or he will sink to Division Two obscurity. One of those 'Is he still playing?' characters when his name appears. 

Archived