Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is absolutely ducking ridiculous. I honestly don't know what else to say. Absolutely ducking ridiculous. 

What an absolute shambles: first spending the amount of money on him we did and then just giving him away to apparently bring in no replacement. This club is an utter embarrassment at times. 

How can we possibly get out the rut of signing bad players and then giving them away for next to nothing if absolutely nothing behind the scenes ever changes? 

If we don't bring in a replacement for him, then you seriously have to question the thinking going on behind the scenes at this club.

Send Jack Marriott to a rival, let Chris Martin go, bring in 34-year-old journeyman Colin Kazim-Richards on a one-year-deal as their replacement? I mean...wtf?

And if Marriott is having a medical at Wednesday right now...then who plays up top tonight?!?!

I'm so confused. I hope something comes out later that we're signing another striker but knowing how this club has done deadline days in the last few years, I'm not getting ahead of myself...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is absolutely ducking ridiculous. I honestly don't know what else to say. Absolutely ducking ridiculous. 

What an absolute shambles: first spending the amount of money on him we did and then just giving him away to apparently bring in no replacement. This club is an utter embarrassment at times. 

They backed the manager who wanted Marriott - Made him a priority signing 

Then that manager decided to leave

New manager can't make Marriott fit in the way he wants to play

Not sure how you can have a go at the club for backing their manager?

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

All summer we've needed a striker.

This is with Marriott and Waghorn.

We've signed one. A washed up journeyman from Mexico.

Letting Marriott go means we will need another striker.

If we don't bring someone else in to replace Marriott and Kazim-Richards is the replacement.

Then this club is the absolute pits.

Me right now...

pedal stage GIF

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we don't bring in a replacement for him, then you seriously have to question the thinking going on behind the scenes at this club.

Send Jack Marriott to a rival, let Chris Martin go, bring in 34-year-old journeyman Colin Kazim-Richards on a one-year-deal as their replacement? I mean...wtf?

And if Marriott is having a medical at Wednesday right now...then who plays up top tonight?!?!

I'm so confused. I hope something comes out later that we're signing another striker but knowing how this club has done deadline days in the last few years, I'm not getting ahead of myself...

Rooney probably. Let’s be honest, Rooney was anonymous against Norwich. This is baffling. 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rooney probably. Let’s be honest, Rooney was anonymous against Norwich. This is baffling. 

It is utterly baffling. I'm trying to convince myself that we're bringing in another striker but that Martin-to-Fulham transfer window is looking pretty familiar right now...

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

It is utterly baffling. I'm trying to convince myself that we're bringing in another striker but that Martin-to-Fulham transfer window is looking pretty familiar right now...

I may have read this wrong somewhere, but doesn’t the window shut at 5? We’re getting very close to that without any concrete links. Saying that, we’ve been pretty tight lipped this window.

This is a strange one for me, not because jack has been a revelation for us but because it leaves so short up top. I could get behind the CKR signing as I thought it was a stop gap until Dursan in Jan. He would have provided a different option with Waggy and Marriott. Now it seems we’re pinning our hopes on him and we’ve now not got any match fit strikers for the game tonight ??‍♂️

I pray for a good result tonight because I feel the meltdown will reach new heights after the last few days. 

Marriott has offered very little since the play offs. In a totally different set up he may get goals. If we don't get a replacement in, then this your chance JHI and Duncan. And based on current form, I don't think they could offer less than Marriott.

I imagine it will be between Rooney, Waghorn and CKR. With the two youngsters as back up. Will that do us until January?

Archived