Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

Dear Serdar,

I've just spoken with our current and prospective new owners and am delighted to inform you that your contact is now in place. With so many flights from Germany to the UK we'd be obliged if you could pack your boots, toothbrush and whatever else you can fit into your hand luggage on hurry on over, as despite our wealth of goal scoring attackers, we feel we might be able to squeeze you into the squad for Saturday's game.

Much love, 

86 Schmokes

On 01/12/2020 at 19:23, Sparkle said:

The FA have scuppered this one in January as I said they would 

the price of our young ones has just doubled as well 

I confess I'm surprised by the new rules in that they don't seem to come with a financial element (ie anyone can move to the UK if earning more than £250k a year or some such and paying tax), but we can still buy him in January. He just needs to have moved to Derby by the end of this year. If a transfer is happening, that's not a problem, and then he has until end June to apply for "pre-settled status".

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I confess I'm surprised by the new rules in that they don't seem to come with a financial element (ie anyone can move to the UK if earning more than £250k a year or some such and paying tax), but we can still buy him in January. He just needs to have moved to Derby by the end of this year. If a transfer is happening, that's not a problem, and then he has until end June to apply for "pre-settled status".

Very tight lines there then ?

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Can you imagine moving to the UK, living here legally but the transfer cannot be ratified because his player licence cannot be transferred until after Jan 1st.

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Can you imagine moving to the UK, living here legally but the transfer cannot be ratified because his player licence cannot be transferred until after Jan 1st.

Why wouldn't it be ratified if he was already living legally in the UK so he meets the criteria? Sound like a clever Mel move to me. 

Edit: Of course the club could rent him a house. If the deal didn't go through, it's no great hardship to go back to Germany. Nothing lost. 

Edited by Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why wouldn't it be ratified if he was already living legally in the UK so he meets the criteria? Sound like a clever Mel move to me. 

Edit: Of course the club could rent him a house. If the deal didn't go through, it's no great hardship to go back to Germany. Nothing lost. 

Change of employer hasn't moved. He is still employed in Germany until the 1st January and any EU signing has to go through the new permit process as they come into effect on the 1st January.

So by your process he can come and live here, but he can't change employer.

Was he not a player that Cocu wanted, is it possible that other targets may have been placed higher on the clubs recruitment list?             With him scoring well, over in Germany, as his value gone up, beyond our budget. I personally think this one is not going to happen. I would rather see the club take on a player who is going to adapt straight away into English (Championship) style football. Lets gamble, go for Kevin Nisbet up in Scotland.