Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I will never be one to call for a manager to be sacked 3 games into a season, but I need to see something from Cocu here. He’s said himself, we are too easy to play through, so he needs to do something about it. If I see Rooney swanning about in front of 2 centre halves offering them no protection again, I might lose it ? 

Im a big fan of our young players, but I think  we need to pull them out for this one, get the experienced players on the pitch at the start, and try and put a solid performance together. That would be a start.

I dont know whether you watched Mel TV yesterday but even the normally the slightly blinkered commentary team were less than supportive.  One of the telling quotes was something along the lines of it is not what we do when we get the ball it is what happens when we haven't.  We are getting bullied, run past, failing to stop crosses and it is far too easy for the opposition.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we may see Ibe on the bench for this one he was working with a personal trainer so he is reasonably fit. So when Cocu says four to five weeks he is talking about him starting games not getting twenty or thirty minutes from the bench. 

Be also be interesting to see if either Ibe or Duncan get minutes of the bench with the u23's tomorrow versus Everton. 

Marshall

byrne.            Evans.          Clarke.     Buchanan

Jozwiak.    Knight.   Bird.    Sibley.     Duncan

Whittaker

looks like another season without a Left footed left Winger 

and no replacement for Martin?

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Marshall

byrne.            Evans.          Clarke.     Buchanan

Jozwiak.    Knight.   Bird.    Sibley.     Duncan

Whittaker

looks like another season without a Left footed left Winger 

and no replacement for Martin?

Duncan isn’t a winger, but he is left footed.

Marshall 

Byrne  Wisdom  Clarke  Buchanan

Bird   Shinnie  Knight

Holmes   NewST/Marriott  Jozwiak

We have to try something new. 4-3-3 is what Cocu succeeded with in Holland I believe. Shinnie holding, Bird box to box and Knight getting forward. 

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Saturday 3rd October, 12:30PM KO

Duck this, rest of you lot can’t buy a win between you. You can argue about Cocu being clueless, about our defenders being useless, or about our attackers being toothless.... but we all know the real problem with Derby at the moment. And that is that I’m not currently starting the match day threads. Well, that’s about to change.... time for me to lead us through the rest of the season unbeaten!

Right then... what to do with the team? Think the first thing to do is to tell Rooney to duck off back to Manchester or wherever else he’d rather be... because he clearly doesn’t want to be on that pitch in a Derby shirt. Maybe we might have a chance then. Then let’s ducking go at them, 4-3-3 style! :

Marshall

Byrne Te Weirik Clarke LB

Shinnie

Holmes(C) Sibley

Waghorn ST Jozwiak

Probably a bit hopeful on Waghorn, Knight in for him if he’s still injured. LB and ST positions hopefully filled by new signings.

I would have preferred it if you said we would lose. With your track record, it would guarantee 3 points. 

4 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Looking forward to next Saturday, will watch us get battered 4-0 at the pub, have a good moan about how poo we are. Then for the rest of the afternoon check for updates to see if Cocu the clown has been sacked yet and if Forest are matching is on zero points. 

How do you go on ??????

Marshall

Byrne.  MTW. Clarke Fozzy

Shinnie Knight

Whittaker Rooney Jozwiak

New

Assuming Waghorn and Lawrence not fit. Bird looks to be struggling and is not combative enough if we want to grind a result out. Wisdom, I really like him but he is to casual at times and that sets the wrong tone. Sibley, nowhere near it presently. Marriott gives us no presence or hold up. Holmes I‘d really like to put him in but I just think we need the battling qualities of Knight and Shinnie this week - scrap out a result ,.......PLEASE!!!

1 minute ago, Dava75 said:

Marshall

Byrne.  MTW. Clarke Fozzy

Shinnie Knight

Whittaker Rooney Jozwiak

New

Assuming Waghorn and Lawrence not fit. Bird looks to be struggling and is not combative enough if we want to grind a result out. Wisdom, I really like him but he is to casual at times and that sets the wrong tone. Sibley, nowhere near it presently. Marriott gives us no presence or hold up. Holmes I‘d really like to put him in but I just think we need the battling qualities of Knight and Shinnie this week - scrap out a result ,.......PLEASE!!!

But Fozzy was at fault for all 4 Blackburn goals ?

Archived