Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Thanks. But seeing as you believe Rooney should be rewarded with a number 10 role after yesterday's abject display, I won't take it too much to heart ?

Wasnt meant for you to take it to heart anyway so glad you haven't i was just surprised to see such a weak team. Hector ingram totally unproven wisdom really struggled and you kept him in, bird is really ineffective, knight brings energy but little else.   

Rooney seems to be a scapegoat. Its no coincidence we shot up the table last year when he joined. 

I put him in at No.10 because thats where he played and was effective most of his career. When in defensive midfield he has to defend which is not his strength. 

You can't win nothing with kids!

7 hours ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

Wasnt meant for you to take it to heart anyway so glad you haven't i was just surprised to see such a weak team. Hector ingram totally unproven wisdom really struggled and you kept him in, bird is really ineffective, knight brings energy but little else.   

Rooney seems to be a scapegoat. Its no coincidence we shot up the table last year when he joined. 

I put him in at No.10 because thats where he played and was effective most of his career. When in defensive midfield he has to defend which is not his strength. 

You can't win nothing with kids!

OK, fair enough. Personally I believe its stronger than you say because there's a concentration of numbers & energy in the centre of the park...thats where we were torn apart v Blackburn and thats the key to us keeping a clean sheet Sat.

Bird is still a very capable player - when he advanced slightly v Luton, he was much better & it was his killer pass that started the move for our goal. Knight is perpetual energy (and brings a goal threat) & is much better in the centre of the park. Those two plus Shinnie sweeping should give us a good core.

Re Wisdom v Te Wierik, you've obviously gone for Mike but he looks to be off the pace & lacking confidence. Andre was poor Sat but was playing left side for some unfathomable reason, he was pretty good at Luton on his proper side. Believe he & Clarke are our best CB combo at present.

Hector-Ingram is the wildcard but frankly we need some presence up top. He's a strong, quick lad & in a game where we're likely to be on the back foot, we could do with someone to hold the ball...Marriott simply won't do that.

My full views on Rooney are expressed elsewhere but I was pretty appalled by his casual attitude on Sat. Frankly I think his legs have gone & his attitude isnt right. I believe he'd be a passenger if played at no 10.

As i'm mindful Norwich will come at us, my picks give us a strong centre, an outlet to hold the ball & 2 genuine wide men to hit on the break. FWIW I believe Cocu will pick something entirely different ?

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

OK, fair enough. Personally I believe its stronger than you say because there's a concentration of numbers & energy in the centre of the park...thats where we were torn apart v Blackburn and thats the key to us keeping a clean sheet Sat.

Bird is still a very capable player - when he advanced slightly v Luton, he was much better & it was his killer pass that started the move for our goal. Knight is perpetual energy (and brings a goal threat) & is much better in the centre of the park. Those two plus Shinnie sweeping should give us a good core.

Re Wisdom v Te Wierik, you've obviously gone for Mike but he looks to be off the pace & lacking confidence. Andre was poor Sat but was playing left side for some unfathomable reason, he was pretty good at Luton on his proper side. Believe he & Clarke are our best CB combo at present.

Hector-Ingram is the wildcard but frankly we need some presence up top. He's a strong, quick lad & in a game where we're likely to be on the back foot, we could do with someone to hold the ball...Marriott simply won't do that.

My full views on Rooney are expressed elsewhere but I was pretty appalled by his casual attitude on Sat. Frankly I think his legs have gone & his attitude isnt right. I believe he'd be a passenger if played at no 10.

As i'm mindful Norwich will come at us, my picks give us a strong centre, an outlet to hold the ball & 2 genuine wide men to hit on the break. FWIW I believe Cocu will pick something entirely different ?

More importantly,  it puts players in their right positions, instead of asking them to perform unfamiliar roles. 

A lot of football is instinct, regardless of what the coaches and pundits would have us believe. 

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

We both agree on Shinnie and I would agree Wisdom was good v Luton and MTW was shocking v Blackburn. I just don’t want to write MTW off after 2.5 games and I am still praying him and Clarke can make a solid partnership! Think Clarke is nailed on now for the rest of the season it’s just who partners him.

Obviously we disagree with Bird Rooney Ingram etc but that’s fine. Your team looks like a team I see us having in a few years when these players have developed/improved but for me just not for now. 

Anyways Let’s see what Saturday brings! COYR

4 3 3 

marshall 

byrne 

davies (need some experience and organisation at the back) 

clarke 

buchannan 

bird 

Holmes 

shinnie 

jozwiak 

Marriott 

whittaker (again thought he looked positive when he came on, his touch looks better and he looks stronger. Guess until he scored a few some people won’t change their mind on him.) 

All I want really is to see the basis of some sort of settled team. The occasional piece of rotation or a bit of horses for courses is fine but constant changes to the back four are not going to see you be successful in my opinion. This might also be a good game to help MTW settle as Norwich are not at all direct.

Marshall

Byrne MTW Clarke Buchanan

Holmes Bird Knight

Whittaker Rooney Jozwiak

I do not subscribe to the idea that Rooney is finished up front but a system has to suit him and I think that is with lots of running around him. He still has undoubted quality but this way when or if he loses the ball it is still going to be a salvageable situation. 

4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 gets an extra attack minded midfielder into the team - and I really don’t think Bird needs Rooney holding his hand for him. 

Marshall

Wisdom       Evans       Clarke

Byrne      Holmes        Bird       Shinnie      Buchanan

Whittaker     Marriott       Jozwiak

I would try something along these lines. Knight and Sibley could fit in for Holmes and Shinnie, but I would absolutely try a combative midfield, if for no other reason than for us to be difficult to play against. The front three has enough pace to stretch the play, so I think we can look to play without the ball and offer a threat. 

Whatever the team... this is going to be a tough match for us! 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Marshall

Wisdom       Evans       Clarke

Byrne      Holmes        Bird       Shinnie      Buchanan

Whittaker     Marriott       Jozwiak

I would try something along these lines. Knight and Sibley could fit in for Holmes and Shinnie, but I would absolutely try a combative midfield, if for no other reason than for us to be difficult to play against. The front three has enough pace to stretch the play, so I think we can look to play without the ball and offer a threat. 

Whatever the team... this is going to be a tough match for us! 

An extra man would certainly help..

On 26/09/2020 at 20:38, Millenniumram said:

Right then... what to do with the team?

Going a bit rogue

I think we need an organiser at the back - Someone to tell the defence where to be and the midfield in front - Plus a couple of actual tacklers in the midfield so

Marshall

Byrne Evans Clarke Buchanan

Knight Shinnie

Sibley

Someone Marriott Jozwiak

Obviously haven't worked out who would play RM - Unless Ibe/Lawrence/Waggers are available yet

Archived