Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

17 hours ago, Curtains said:

It's good to see Bielik featuring in so many of the training images. Maybe he's targeting after the international break (we start things up home to Watford on Friday 16th). And there's been some focus in Ibe too in social media so perhaps we're looking at the same for him.

The Norwich game is difficult because only the same players who lost 0-4 at home to Blackburn will be available, but a win would be massive for morale at Moor Farm over the next fortnight. Lose and we wait another two weeks in the relegation zone with the proverbial "nil points" hanging over us.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave Rooney out for this one needs to get fit.

Marshall 

Bryne  Wisdom Clarke Forsyth 

Whittaker Holmes Shinnie Knight Jozwiak    

Marriott 

4-5- 1 keep it tight and break from midfield.

Happy Days 1-0 to the Rams

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's good to see Bielik featuring in so many of the training images. Maybe he's targeting after the international break (we start things up home to Watford on Friday 16th). And there's been some focus in Ibe too in social media so perhaps we're looking at the same for him.

The Norwich game is difficult because only the same players who lost 0-4 at home to Blackburn will be available, but a win would be massive for morale at Moor Farm over the next fortnight. Lose and we wait another two weeks in the relegation zone with the proverbial "nil points" hanging over us.

Oh well.  An improved performance would be good.  International break just at the right time for Derby mate.  

Norwich will be tough but you never know. 

Come on you Rams 

Call me a blind faith optimist, but I have a funny feeling that we will win this one.

No stats or facts to back it up. But just feel that things have been quiet at the club this week apart from the training montages and the pre-match presser just now and I hope to see a very different body language from the players on Saturday.

Confidence has seemed low. We've started the last couple of matches well and then disappeared as soon as we've conceded. The management team are handling themselves with dignity and haven't put the blame on any individuals at all and I hope that the players can repay the faith with a solid performance.

Clarke will be back in defence. Pretty sure Fozzy will just about get the nod ahead of Buchanan and one of Wisdom and Te Wierik needs to win the other CB shirt with a solid performance. I have slightly more faith in Wisdom at RCB at the moment.

Midfield, if Rooney is undroppable, then he needs to show more commitment. I think Bird will be rested again if he's had a knock all week. Shinnie in next Rooney for some bite and energy. Jozwiak, Sibley and Knight ahead of them. They need service and the ball being passed forward for them to do anything though.

No new striker in time, which is disappointing, but I'm ok with that if whoever does come in proves to be an astute signing. The season is longer than the first few weeks. Maybe JHI from the start, or even Whittaker up top if Marriott isn't ready, like he wasn't last weekend. Marriott has been in a lot of training pics though, so I expect him to start again.

On 27/09/2020 at 07:41, LeedsCityRam said:

There's no magic bullet here in terms of line up but think the midfield needs some work. We're too soft through the middle & would therefore bring Shinnie to sit in there & offer some protection.

Like most, I'd bring Clarke back to the starting XI. Wisdom alongside him although was sorely tempted to put Evans in. I've also gone with Whittaker wide right...Knight isnt working out there at all.

Ahead of Shinnie, I'd put Knight for his work rate & box to box threat but also Bird. Max looked promising there v Luton and his ability to control tempo & intercept moves would be much more beneficial higher up the park. He's also comfortable receiving the ball with his back to pressing midfielders. Knight to work himself into the ground & Sibley and/or Holmes to come on in last 20/30 mins when game is stretched.

Up top we need more strength & presence. Marriott isnt working out & ankle injury could well still be an issue. I'd give Hector-Ingram his full debut, with a brief to hold the ball as much as possible for others to play off. His pace should also prevent Norwich playing too high.

20200927_072248.thumb.jpg.ae05f1d5826eae895be71c146a5da0bb.jpg

I like that, but it will only work if Bird and knight want to get to the edge of the area and we stop being so ponderous with the ball. It isn’t sidey backwards that is the problem. It’s moving the ball at pace, running off the ball so that the defence doesn’t reform .. when it does, THAT is when you get sidey backwards. AFTER We fail to move fast. It’s tempo ! ...IMO ?

Just putting it out there, no reds so far this season from Tw@well. You all know what’s coming don’t ya ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I won’t ever get past his performance against the Gumps where he disallowed 2 perfectly good goals to award penalty’s. Which we subsequently missed. 

This bloke has been stealing a living for far to long. 

31C7A5CB-7BD1-47AE-A395-C45E7A46B1A0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Just putting it out there, no reds so far this season from Tw@well. You all know what’s coming don’t ya ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I won’t ever get past his performance against the Gumps where he disallowed 2 perfectly good goals to award penalty’s. Which we subsequently missed. 

This bloke has been stealing a living for far to long. 

31C7A5CB-7BD1-47AE-A395-C45E7A46B1A0.jpeg

For your enjoyment...

My winning/drawing team for Saturday.. we are coming away with something!

Marshall

Byrne     TVW      Clarke     Forsythe

Evans       Shinnie

Joswiak     Rooney     Lawrence

Marriott

15 hours ago, jono said:

I like that, but it will only work if Bird and knight want to get to the edge of the area and we stop being so ponderous with the ball. It isn’t sidey backwards that is the problem. It’s moving the ball at pace, running off the ball so that the defence doesn’t reform .. when it does, THAT is when you get sidey backwards. AFTER We fail to move fast. It’s tempo ! ...IMO ?

Absolutely. I think Knight would naturally be in that position anyway but important Bird follows him. Do believe he would be a lot more effective playing higher up the pitch & think we saw v Luton (second half) & his early chance v Blackburn that he can contribute. I would also hope the youthful zest of both would see a lot more movement & energy in there.

Urgency with the ball is essential but so is getting that platform by not losing possession - my hope with that XI is that Hector-Ingram & Bird (receiving the ball in midfield) are able to shield the ball when we break & then bring others into play before their defence is able to set. I suspect some of the sluggish movement is because there often isn't a platform to play off or the defence has been allowed to regain its shape. Hopefully Godfrey's absence in view of his imminent move unsettles Norwich's discipline in that regard.

Archived