Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

Based on performances against Blackburn, I'd drop everyone bar Marshall and Knight. However, keeping in mind that we have to fulfill the fixture....

Marshall

Byrne.  Evans.  Clarke. NEW/Buchanan

Holmes.    Shinnie.  Knight

Whittaker. Hector-Ingram. Joswiak

And if dropping Rooney means we break the contract with 32red, then I'm happy for them all to go.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Shinnie, Sibley
Ibe, New ST, Jozwiak

Get some bite into the midfield. Get a new ST in. Give Ibe a maximum of 60mins... I know he's probably not near match fitness yet, but he can't do worse than what we saw off some of the team today.

Cocu said Ibe is 4-5 weeks away.

Doesn't really matter who plays or what formation when they have to follow Cocu's tactics and lack of motivation

But just for the sake of it i would go with:

Marshall

Byrne      Evans      Clarke      Forsyth

Shinnie

Holmes          Knight

Ibe          Marriott         Jozwiak

Roos
Wisdom   te Wierik   Clarke   Forsyth
Knight   Bird   Shinnie
Whittaker   Rooney   Jozwiak

Subs: Marshall, Byrne, Evans, Buchanan, Holmes, Sibley, Trialist

A keeper who is comfortable playing out from the back, a more balanced defence, energy and defensive work rate in midfield, our most threatening wingers on the field, and someone who can link up play up top. 

Marshall

Byrne       Wisdom       Clarke    Buchanan

Shinnie

Holmes             Knight

Whittaker       Marriott      Jozwiak 

Need to play 4-3-3 to get three players in middle of the park again to try and dominate. Our two is continually overrun as three behind the 1 aren’t dropping into the midfield, therefore we have a back 6 and a front 4 with no link. Need bite from Shinnie, energy from Knight, creativity from Holmes. Bird and Sibley need to sit out, Rooney doesn’t have the legs right now. This would be much better if Lawrence and/or Ibe were fit for the front 3

There's no magic bullet here in terms of line up but think the midfield needs some work. We're too soft through the middle & would therefore bring Shinnie to sit in there & offer some protection.

Like most, I'd bring Clarke back to the starting XI. Wisdom alongside him although was sorely tempted to put Evans in. I've also gone with Whittaker wide right...Knight isnt working out there at all.

Ahead of Shinnie, I'd put Knight for his work rate & box to box threat but also Bird. Max looked promising there v Luton and his ability to control tempo & intercept moves would be much more beneficial higher up the park. He's also comfortable receiving the ball with his back to pressing midfielders. Knight to work himself into the ground & Sibley and/or Holmes to come on in last 20/30 mins when game is stretched.

Up top we need more strength & presence. Marriott isnt working out & ankle injury could well still be an issue. I'd give Hector-Ingram his full debut, with a brief to hold the ball as much as possible for others to play off. His pace should also prevent Norwich playing too high.

20200927_072248.thumb.jpg.ae05f1d5826eae895be71c146a5da0bb.jpg

Marshall

Byrne      Te Wierik      Clarke       NEW

Knight      Bird

Whittaker       Holmes         Jozwiak

NEW (or Trialist)

Roos, Wisdom, Shinnie, Evans, Sibley, Ibe, Duncan

(Assuming Lawrence and Waghorn are still out)

Dutch Mike is only going to get used to the Championship if he plays so he gets the nod over Wisdom or Evans.

Rooney has been dire for a while so out he goes.

Knight's energy could see him get forward from a deeper position.

Holmes central gives him scope to influence the game more.

Whittaker is improving.

Get Ibe and Duncan on the bench. It would give a boost to many supporters I reckon.

One other thing. It's not for me to pipe up and say how others should behave on here but we all need to remember that we are all Rams and we all want to see the club prosper. Seeing sniping comments from one poster to another - whilst always likely during difficult times on the pitch - gets us nowhere. We are all Derby. Opinions differ but the shared love for DCFC should ultimately unite us all. COYR

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

There's no magic bullet here in terms of line up but think the midfield needs some work. We're too soft through the middle & would therefore bring Shinnie to sit in there & offer some protection.

Like most, I'd bring Clarke back to the starting XI. Wisdom alongside him although was sorely tempted to put Evans in. I've also gone with Whittaker wide right...Knight isnt working out there at all.

Ahead of Shinnie, I'd put Knight for his work rate & box to box threat but also Bird. Max looked promising there v Luton and his ability to control tempo & intercept moves would be much more beneficial higher up the park. He's also comfortable receiving the ball with his back to pressing midfielders. Knight to work himself into the ground & Sibley and/or Holmes to come on in last 20/30 mins when game is stretched.

Up top we need more strength & presence. Marriott isnt working out & ankle injury could well still be an issue. I'd give Hector-Ingram his full debut, with a brief to hold the ball as much as possible for others to play off. His pace should also prevent Norwich playing too high.

20200927_072248.thumb.jpg.ae05f1d5826eae895be71c146a5da0bb.jpg

Such a poor team!

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Bird 

Holmes Knight 

Whittaker  Marriott  Jozwiak

Defence: 

GK - no contest. 
CBs - Wisdom and Clarke were our CBs during that purple patch which fell apart when Wisdom was attacked and hospitalised. 
FBs - Byrne is brilliant. Buchanan and Forsyth both shakey but Buchanan you have to think is the future so stick with him. 

Midfield - Bird is composed and mature but needs energy around him. Think Knight came out of yesterday with some positives so he keeps his spot. Love Holmes in the middle. He’s so good at driving forwards with the ball. 

Forwards - Jozwiak has something (just needs to work on finishing). Marriott is our only fit senior striker. I like Whittaker - really think this year will be big for him. Think a few starts will allow him to settle down and get rid of nerves. 

Sibley unlucky but he’s a marked man at the moment and is just being defended out of the game. Could do him good to have a few games where he comes on for 20/30 minutes and gets to go at tired defenders just whilst he learns to deal with being man marked out of games. 

If Ibe is able to run he’s on the bench for me. We get 7 spots on the bench so can risk a half fit player on there to build up match sharpness. 

Marshall

MTW   Davies  Clarke 

Byrne      Rooney   Bird     Buchanan

Holmes  Marriott  Joswiak

---

Sit deep, and (try to...) hit them on the break with long balls from Rooney & Bird, who aren't allowed to cross the halfway line.

I will never be one to call for a manager to be sacked 3 games into a season, but I need to see something from Cocu here. He’s said himself, we are too easy to play through, so he needs to do something about it. If I see Rooney swanning about in front of 2 centre halves offering them no protection again, I might lose it ? 

Im a big fan of our young players, but I think  we need to pull them out for this one, get the experienced players on the pitch at the start, and try and put a solid performance together. That would be a start.

Archived