Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I bet you weren’t happy with the colour of the envelope either.

Come on. OK it’s not the most modern or convenient way for folk to receive their refunds but “utter distain” (I assume you mean disdain) is a tad over the top.

It’s hardly unique either. In the last three months I have received refunds/payouts in the form of cheques for car tax (£2.50 !), holiday insurance and car service plan. 

I almost feel as if some folk are just desperate to find something to slag the club off about. It wasn’t the best method from our perspective but probably the easiest for them and hardly worth getting that upset about.

Hilarious. The club has acted shabbily. It’s being run poorly and has been for some time. If you’re happy fine. Many people are not. It’s not looking for excuses. many of us would prefer timely answers and solutions. We hear lots about community from the club but most of the time they act in their own interests and to their own timescales. Comparisons width other industries is disingenuous. Football clubs always do things differently. When it suits them. 

Edited by RIMBAUD

17 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Regarding away ticket refunds are they sending the refund to individual customer numbers or does the refund go to the person who made the booking?

They're sending to individual named ticket holders NOT the payee

I'm absolutely fuming...

Bought 4 Millwall tickets and the club has decided to send lovely little checks to 3 of my mates - Which is an absolute joke

Now instead of a simple refund to my credit card 4 of us are going to have to deposit cheques and then they're gonna have to send me money

I chose the games on Rams TV(let my Son use the games)my Brother took the £82 refund, Got his cheque this Morning he's not pleased, A little complecated so bare with me.

When he was born our Father went down to register his name,  The name Mum and Dad decided on was David Eric 1st and middle name, Dad when registering got the names the wrong way round Eric David, So his legal name is Eric on all legal documents and Bank accounts, So when we went to pay for last seasons season tickets David paid by cash and went by David, They have sent a cheque to David...Bank has refused it today, He's now going to frame it along with last seasons team...bless him.

30 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm absolutely fuming...

Bought 4 Millwall tickets and the club has decided to send lovely little checks to 3 of my mates - Which is an absolute joke

Now instead of a simple refund to my credit card 4 of us are going to have to deposit cheques and then they're gonna have to send me money

So you're saying that your mates never paid you back for the tickets after you purchased them originally? Not really the clubs fault. 

Chose no refund myself, my other half wasn’t as generous and received her cheque this morning for £68.

I asked why she wasn’t angry, confused she asked why would she be angry?

Because it’s a cheque?

Eh?

Are you not angry they have chosen to refund you by cheque?

No, why would I? 

Just wondering that’s all.

I was left a little disappointed tbh, my biggest fan, I thought she would be reading the forum, maybe even join in with the faux outrage over the refund method but no. ?

D4055140-0933-4895-8D08-0D95E1667F1C.jpeg

22 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I chose the games on Rams TV(let my Son use the games)my Brother took the £82 refund, Got his cheque this Morning he's not pleased, A little complecated so bare with me.

When he was born our Father went down to register his name,  The name Mum and Dad decided on was David Eric 1st and middle name, Dad when registering got the names the wrong way round Eric David, So his legal name is Eric on all legal documents and Bank accounts, So when we went to pay for last seasons season tickets David paid by cash and went by David, They have sent a cheque to David...Bank has refused it today, He's now going to frame it along with last seasons team...bless him.

Ha ha!  (I sincerely hope he's laughing it off too!)

To be fair, that's hardly the club's fault.   If Eric has turned round to Mel and said "Just call me David", what is Mel supposed to think!

Anything other than a 100% cash refund at the ticket office counter would have caused obvious problems... and even then, chances are "David" would have been asked for proof of ID!  (Which I assume he would have failed to produce?)

Easy with hindsight though, of course!   I like his framing approach.  Worse things happen at sea, and all that!   ?

1 minute ago, David said:

Chose no refund myself, my other half wasn’t as generous and received her cheque this morning for £68.

I asked why she wasn’t angry, confused she asked why would she be angry?

Because it’s a cheque?

Eh?

Are you not angry they have chosen to refund you by cheque?

No, why would I? 

Just wondering that’s all.

I was left a little disappointed tbh, my biggest fan, I thought she would be reading the forum, maybe even join in with the faux outrage over the refund method but no. ?

May I ask a personal question...

Is your "other half"...

A/  Youngish/generally healthy/Hip/Trendy/with a mobile banking app that accepts scanned cheques?

B/  Elderly/underlying health conditions/being asked to stay isolated/still sending telegrams for relatives birthdays?

C/  Doing anything this evening?

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Got an telling me which the refunds were for. Millwall was mine

Yes, I have now received both a £24 cheque in the post and an email explaining this is for my Preston away ticket- which I didn't pay for so quids in! 

No mention of any season ticket refund, which was already fully paid for back in March.

The email sort of implies that the only cheque I will receive is this one. I think that's a bit odd but it could just be badly worded.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

May I ask a personal question...

Is your "other half"...

A/  Youngish/generally healthy/Hip/Trendy/with a mobile banking app that accepts scanned cheques?

B/  Elderly/underlying health conditions/being asked to stay isolated/still sending telegrams for relatives birthdays?

C/  Doing anything this evening?

Many ways to deposit a cheque these days without the use of the internet.

I’m sure there will be isolated situations where a cheque wasn’t exactly ideal, but then I don’t think 2020 has been very ideal.

I have never been faced with refunding thousands of people for sums of money on transactions some of which were placed over a year ago. 

I’m sure it wasn’t a case of someone in the ticket office spinning a wheel of fortune to see how refunds would be processed.

Anyhow, good to see refunds are going through now, not something that will drag into next year.  

45 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ha ha!  (I sincerely hope he's laughing it off too!)

To be fair, that's hardly the club's fault.   If Eric has turned round to Mel and said "Just call me David", what is Mel supposed to think!

Anything other than a 100% cash refund at the ticket office counter would have caused obvious problems... and even then, chances are "David" would have been asked for proof of ID!  (Which I assume he would have failed to produce?)

Easy with hindsight though, of course!   I like his framing approach.  Worse things happen at sea, and all that!   ?

No he's not blaming anyone, I use a Debit Card(never had a credit Card)Brother always pays cash(never had a Credit Card refuses to use his Debit Card), He doesn't trust Banks ??, His wages go into the Bank and on Saturday Morning he withdraws enough to keep him going in beer/tobacco and food for the Month, Neither of us owe anyone anything.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I'm absolutely fuming...

How do the club know all that though? What if your mates had given you the money before hand? You've then got to give it back to them.

Like in my previous post I'm sure there is a time limit on when they can do an automatic refund. 

2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

We hear lots about community from the club but most of the time they act in their own interests and to their own timescales

We also hear lots about community from some fans, but they are very quick to turn on the club and/or owners whan things aren't going well.

I'm sure Mel is gutted that he can't please us all, but I dare say his bank account has taken a far bigger hit than all of ours combined.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

I'm sure there is a time limit of when you can send refunds back to the same card. BACS transfers would need everyone's account details and would be a nightmare to process, especially given that some staff will still be on furlough and needing to do a few thousand refunds. Cheque is the most plausible, convenient and efficient way for the club to do refunds (yes I know it has taken them a while to process them). 

Thanks for the considered reply.

Totally at variance with the weird accusation from @Asheville Ram that I'm having another dig at Mel Morris by proxy. Hey ho. 

2 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

So you're saying that your mates never paid you back for the tickets after you purchased them originally? Not really the clubs fault. 

The match was cancelled a couple of days out - They were gonna pay me on the day - When the game was cancelled I said don't worry the club will just refund me, in fact I contacted the club and was told if I posted them back they'd refund after the game - The club then re-contacted me and said it would be part of a big refund and that they would process them all together

9 months later...

1 hour ago, rynny said:

How do the club know all that though? What if your mates had given you the money before hand? You've then got to give it back to them.

Because when you refund anything you refund to the source of the payment

How do they know it was a single payment? Cos their records will say so

If my mates had pre-paid me that was none of the clubs responsibility - What they knew for a fact was that 4 Millwall tickets had been paid for by a single fan ID, on a single credit card, for a single order of tickets

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The match was cancelled a couple of days out - They were gonna pay me on the day - When the game was cancelled I said don't worry the club will just refund me, in fact I contacted the club and was told if I posted them back they'd refund after the game - The club then re-contacted me and said it would be part of a big refund and that they would process them all together

9 months later...

If my mates had pre-paid me that was none of the clubs responsibility - What they knew for a fact was that 4 Millwall tickets had been paid for by a single fan ID, on a single credit card, for a single order of tickets

But you paid for the other people? Therefore those people will want their money back too. 

If you were paid all the money back to your card then you would have had to paid all your mates back too (if they did pay you, I know you now said you didn't bother taking the money).

Again, how are the club to know that you decided to not take the money from the other FanID's in question? 

4 hours ago, rynny said:

I'm sure there is a time limit of when you can send refunds back to the same card. BACS transfers would need everyone's account details and would be a nightmare to process, especially given that some staff will still be on furlough and needing to do a few thousand refunds. Cheque is the most plausible, convenient and efficient way for the club to do refunds (yes I know it has taken them a while to process them). 

Where i work its 6 months. And you are right that any other method other than cheque could be a logistical nightmare. At least with cheques you can automate it very easy.

You will have people who have paid by card, some cash, some dd etc....you probably need someone to manually process all of these. And thats assuming with cards they retain a 'token' to enable further transactions. Its possible they dont as its not the type of business that would regularly be collecting (or refunding) additional payments.

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

9 months later...

I get its a frustration, but surely its nothing more than that? Im sure your mates will sort it out for you.

Look at it the otherway round, had they sent cheques out (or refunded on card) to the people who made the payment, there would probably be someone typing out a post in frustration cause they paid their mate for the ticket and now dont have much to do with him and its going to be a nightmare getting the money back off him.

I reckon however you do it someone is going to be annoyed, on this occasion its you but if your mates are good mates you wont be out of pocket for much longer. If i was one of your mates, considering you volunteered to be out of pocket for aslong as it took I would already have transferred you the money upon receipt of the cheque even if i didnt get chance to bank it yet.