Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

45 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's what I thought, but "technically" that's not quite correct.

You'll still have to "purchase" your 21/22 ticket, but redeem the credits from this season's missed games to pay for part or all of it (Obviously looking like all of it now, of course!)

Don't assume your season ticket will automatically carry over, otherwise you could well miss out..  You'll still need to go through the motions, but pay with 20/21 credits.

The wording...

For each home league match (in 20/21) you are prevented from attending directly because of a reduced stadium capacity or it is played behind-closed-doors you will receive a pro-rated credit equivalent to 1/23 of your season ticket purchase price which can be redeemed against the price of a 2021/22 Season Ticket or Home League Match Ticket(s), and you’ll also receive Free RamsTV streaming (during the 20/21 season) of each home league match and up to seven to be determined midweek away league matches.

All the above bold/italics quoted directly from the DCFC Website/FAQ's, dated September 2020...

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/Derby-county-answers-supporters-faqs-relating-to-the-202021-season

I just meant with my wording that any unusued games would carry over. But yes, I wouldn't expect it to be automatic!

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Open and honest ongoing communication rather than just being left waiting indefinitely is what is needed. Why do the club not recognise this?

It's frustrating, but there's literally no one there due to a combination of takeover stasis and the furlough scheme, although that doesn't stop other clubs in the same boat from being more open.

We do have a CEO of course, but he's only put his head above the parapet to talk up the now failed investment, not a peep from him on anything else, which seems pretty poor from a chief executive, who I'm guessing isn't furloughed himself.

Actually, it's worse than pretty poor, it's downright diabolical, and a dereliction of duty to the fans, or customers as they probably see us.

The longer this information vacuum continues, the worse it looks to us fans.

Loyal fans are owed money and an explanation, yet neither are forthcoming.

I note even Forest have a Q&A up with their chairman on their OS, yet we're being mushroomed.

Not good enough, by a long chalk.

Not giving the club any excuses but maybe they cant actually give an update on the final set of refunds due to not knowing our financial status both with the EFL appeal, Keogh case & any potential takeover. If we get a fine, have to change our amortization or have to pay anything back to Keogh will all have to be considered before givings the fans a timeframe for their refund.

Obviously I understand many have been waiting months but all of the above have been ongoing for the same period. I know for me personally id rather the club be in the right place financially to refund me and others rather than it being detrimental to our future with fines, point deductions etc

I emailed the club a few weeks back on my 10% refund and Rams Squad Membership and they gave the usual refund in due course.

I think the club have treated the fans dreadfully over this. I wonder if there's some complacency from them, assuming that everyone will renew regardless? Whatever, crowds will be down due to a number of factors, lack of money, post lockdown worries etc. As several posters have said, a bit of communication wouldn't have hurt. It's really disappointing. 

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not giving the club any excuses but maybe they cant actually give an update on the final set of refunds due to not knowing our financial status both with the EFL appeal, Keogh case & any potential takeover. If we get a fine, have to change our amortization or have to pay anything back to Keogh will all have to be considered before givings the fans a timeframe for their refund.

Obviously I understand many have been waiting months but all of the above have been ongoing for the same period. I know for me personally id rather the club be in the right place financially to refund me and others rather than it being detrimental to our future with fines, point deductions etc

I emailed the club a few weeks back on my 10% refund and Rams Squad Membership and they gave the usual refund in due course.

Fair enough, but they could come out and say that.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

to seven to be determined midweek away league matches.

Has this part happened?

I’ve watched some home games for free but every away I’ve had to pay for.

I renewed early - so long ago that I can’t remember which option!!!

9 hours ago, ck- said:

Has this part happened?

I’ve watched some home games for free but every away I’ve had to pay for.

I renewed early - so long ago that I can’t remember which option!!!

Not been keeping count, and couldn't name the games off the top of my head, but yes, it's definitely been happening.
I know the one or two weekend games (Sat & Fri night) that were postponed then subsequently played midweek didn't count (as they were originally scheduled for weekend).

Try the log in before paying.  If you qualify, you'll be in.  I imagine if you've had the free home games, you'll qualify.  I can't remember any options including only free home games?

?

22 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Your season ticket is automatically carrying over to 21/22 for any games not attended this season. 

I kind of asked for both in my email to them, though only because we were prompted to get in contact. assumed back in September that this season heading to PPS for me would've been a write off (wasn't interested in attending when the possibility of limited capacity came up though the tier system put paid to that anyway) stated the refund but did suggest to them that if the option to carry my payment over to 21/22 is offered just hold onto my money and reactivate the card for next season.. wish seems to have been granted as I've had access for RamsTV for all home games so far since..

can't help but think we'll have to do more chasing for the 19/20 10% discount for whoever requested it next season/post takeover whenever that is.  

19 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Understand your sentiment to the club,but we all should be a little worried it could be possible DCFC could go in to administration or receivership which would leave a lot of fans out of pocket

The season ticket holders at a number of clubs are I understand leaving their potential refunds in those clubs and not screaming for refunds because they are sympathetic to the financial plight of their clubs, most on here are expecting Mel to put in millions per month but are becoming hysterical for a few hundred pounds. The situation is serious I can do without a refund if it helps the survival of the club, I sometimes wonder if a majority on here want the club to fail to spite Mel Morris.

24 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

The season ticket holders at a number of clubs are I understand leaving their potential refunds in those clubs and not screaming for refunds because they are sympathetic to the financial plight of their clubs, most on here are expecting Mel to put in millions per month but are becoming hysterical for a few hundred pounds. The situation is serious I can do without a refund if it helps the survival of the club, I sometimes wonder if a majority on here want the club to fail to spite Mel Morris.

I think a number of fans are asking for refunds because they are not as well off as they were pre-covid and can't afford to lose a 'few hundred pounds'. Lots of people have lost jobs, businesses, homes even over the last year so to dismiss them as hysterical is not on in my book. 

34 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I think it's the lack of communication from the club that has been more frustrating than the actual lack of refunds. 

The club don't currently know whether our supporters might take a similar option because it hasn't been offered or discussed.

15 hours ago, angieram said:

I think it's the lack of communication from the club that has been more frustrating than the actual lack of refunds. 

The club don't currently know whether our supporters might take a similar option because it hasn't been offered or discussed.

And it's £700 quid for a lot of people who are tickets holders with wives or kids.

I'm happy for them to hold on to this years money as long as it pays for next season's tickets.....I haven't heard anything from Derby to say it's not the case so here's hoping it's still the case.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Are we currently able to renew for 2021/22? I can't find any info.

Normally get an email and/or posted letter, if I recall?

Certainly not had anything here.  

...Although my renewal won't mean income for the club, as it will be covered by this season's credits.  Only one step down from refunds, I guess, so maybe the club aren't in a rush to discuss it!  ?‍♂️  

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Same here. I won't be complaining about a free season ticket though!

In their defence... I guess they can't actually "sort us out yet", as the full number/value of credits cannot be confirmed until this season is over.

I'm certainly keen to renew, but I'd much prefer to renew after this season, with a full basket of credits, rather than renew now, and then claim a refund later, to the value of said credits!  

#ifyouknowwhatimsaying
#catchmydrift
#trustnottrust

?