Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

Confusion reigns!...

There's no refunds due yet, for this current 20/21 season, as far as I'm aware(?), so mention of "renewing" is irrelevant, surely?

I presume anyone still waiting for refund(s) relate to 19/20?  (Not waiting myself, as I opted for the discount towards the current ST).

... Oh... I'd advise anyone who has a current ST to opt for a discount towards 21/22, when the time comes! Probably best!   ?

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Confusion reigns!...

There's no refunds due yet, for this current 20/21 season, as far as I'm aware(?), so mention of "renewing" is irrelevant, surely?

I presume anyone still waiting for refund(s) relate to 19/20?  (Not waiting myself, as I opted for the discount towards the current ST).

... Oh... I'd advise anyone who has a current ST to opt for a discount towards 21/22, when the time comes! Probably best!   ?

Not really. We were offered 10% off 20-21 season's ticket to make up for matches missed in 19-20. Those of us who had already bought and paid for 20-21 season tickets before lockdown have therefore been waiting for said refund for a long time now.

If you bought 20-21 season ticket after lockdown, the discount was applied at time of purchase. Hope that helps.

Just now, angieram said:

Not really. We were offered 10% off 20-21 season's ticket to make up for matches missed in 19-20. Those of us who had already bought and paid for 20-21 season tickets before lockdown have therefore been waiting for said refund for a long time now.

If you bought 20-21 season ticket after lockdown, the discount was applied at time of purchase. Hope that helps.

I have finally had an email from the club who helpfully said that they were ‘unable to give a timeframe on the refund’. They also said that as I had requested a discount on the 20/21 season ticket rather than a refund then my refund would be in the next batch of refunds!! What a pathetic explanation!

I pointed out that as I had renewed my season ticket in February then I wasn’t getting a discount but a refund and they were playing semantics. I also pointed out that not being transparent and honest about this was creating frustration and ill will amongst their most loyal customers, which isn’t a great way to run a business. 

I am beginning to object to this nonsense. All it would take is some transparency and explanation. All we had was a promise that refunds would be made in September and nothing since. I don’t understand why putting out an official explanation / email would be so difficult. I think it might take someone half an hour to do so. This could and should have been done a long time ago.

If it was BT/British Airways or some such company I would be getting a lot more ‘complainy’, as it is the club I love they are relying on good will, which is running dry. 

Ah!  So a "refund of the discount", so to speak.

I'd forgotten about that scenario.

Hard to defend the club, and easy to sympathise with the likes of @angieram, @Steve Buckley’s Dog & anyone else who renewed for the current 20/21 season before covid interfered with plans.

As @Steve Buckley’s Dog hinted, those renewing so early could arguably be seen as being "amongst their most loyal customers".

Not an opinion I'd argue against, myself.

Poor show, DCFC!

Still no refund from last season or this season as paid full price for 3 season tickets so a lot owed

Derby kindly cancelled my RamsTV in October also which I find frustrating as I’m having to pay to watch the Rams even though as I’ve pointed out to them I’m a season ticket holder up to getting my refund back

anyone else having same battle with RamsTV refund

i think us fans need interest being paid also as if this was a commercial debt you would go legal route and interest would be charged

About time Derby Telegraph,East mids TV,Radio Derby,etc started to ask questions on behalf of fans as to why we wait so long now

Mel Morris legacy is letting the fans down

On 24/12/2020 at 16:57, Mucker1884 said:

Ah!  So a "refund of the discount", so to speak.

I'd forgotten about that scenario.

Hard to defend the club, and easy to sympathise with the likes of @angieram, @Steve Buckley’s Dog & anyone else who renewed for the current 20/21 season before covid interfered with plans.

As @Steve Buckley’s Dog hinted, those renewing so early could arguably be seen as being "amongst their most loyal customers".

Not an opinion I'd argue against, myself.

Poor show, DCFC!

Me and my dad also did our before lockdown 1

2 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

Still no refund from last season or this season as paid full price for 3 season tickets so a lot owed

Derby kindly cancelled my RamsTV in October also which I find frustrating as I’m having to pay to watch the Rams even though as I’ve pointed out to them I’m a season ticket holder up to getting my refund back

anyone else having same battle with RamsTV refund

i think us fans need interest being paid also as if this was a commercial debt you would go legal route and interest would be charged

About time Derby Telegraph,East mids TV,Radio Derby,etc started to ask questions on behalf of fans as to why we wait so long now

Mel Morris legacy is letting the fans down

Me and my dad both had ours and away memberships back.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to several factors including the unlikely return of fans this season due to the new strain of Coronavirus and the credit amount already built up on account, which will only be increasing, we have decided to take no further direct debit payments. The last payment on your account will have been in December 2020.

Is this an official comment/email tinman ? 

It just seems strange as payments give the club some regular income & it would just get taken off next years season ticket price ?

& I wonder what the 'several factors' refers to ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

17 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

It just seems strange as payments give the club some regular income & it would just get taken off next years season ticket price ?

Was a member off the popside forum who contacted the ticket office about the direct debit not being taken. He posted the reply on one of the threads.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Due to several factors including the unlikely return of fans this season due to the new strain of Coronavirus and the credit amount already built up on account, which will only be increasing, we have decided to take no further direct debit payments. The last payment on your account will have been in December 2020.

Mine was due to go out on the 4th and still not taken as it’s not been requested. This is very good of the club and I wonder how many other clubs have done the same. 

I think it also shows the club are not using our money for anything else and just keeping it in our accounts 

Edited by rsmini

6 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

I emailed the club. They also said that the pro rata discount on next season is a still going ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...