ibe to start sat?

RYRAM

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Did you not see the reports that he missed a big chunk of training due to suffering from  Gastroenteritis? Or does that not fit your narrative?

You know what . I do get a bit tired of coming on here lately to find a collection of unmitigated digs.  The point I made was a constructive post with valid reasoning. I'm sure others are thinking the same. What narrative are you referring too, or are you just dropping poo on nothing from a great height for the sake of getting a response. 

• 2 weeks later...

If he has done something serious, to get an investigation on him, I can see Derby/Mel getting rid of him. That would be one off the payroll, who's been with the club since the start of the season and only played a few minutes 1st team football. He was moved on by Liverpool because of his social media comments, got rammed in his car and robbed of his £25k watch and never pressed charges, crashed his Bentley in Bromley, there was also rumours that he didn't have any insurance and fled the scene. There is definately something dodgy about this man. It will be a shame, to have all that football talent and be a liability in his private life. If he can't sort his life out and is falling back into old stupid habits, he will have to go.

An internal disciplinary investigation sounds a lot worse than just turning up late to training once. Maybe it’s a culmination of various things like that - not putting in the work in training, not keeping up with his fitness regime etc. Who knows, I guess it’s probably not helpful to speculate at this point in time.

Its a tough one to know what to do with him if he hasn’t been putting the work in though. His issues with mental health have been well documented, and it’s quite possible that’s still causing him some problems. I think we all have to be aware how difficult it is dealing with mental health problems, so obviously we need to make sure he’s well supported with that. 

But we also can’t accept players not doing the job properly that’s they’re contracted to do. It’s a difficult decision for someone to make as to what to do with him if there does turn out to be a problem. I think sadly this whole move will turn out to be a (low risk) gamble that doesn’t pay off. He seems to be struggling to reach the levels required to play for the first team. It may be best if we part ways in January - given he was a free transfer, it won’t have been a disaster move for us.

From what I understand, he's overlaid and missed the start of a team meeting, which happen before training.

He'll have trained as normal during the session, but has missed out on selection for the Matchday squad due to his lateness for the meeting.

It happens all the time, and perhaps isn't related to any other issues the individual may or may not have.

Sometimes people just mess up, without it being a sign of deeper troubles.

In "normal" employment law it would be grotesque and utterly disproportionate to convene a disciplinary hearing into someone who has turned up late once for work.

Which leaves the 2 conclusions that Derby now want him out of the club or that the turning up late for work has been the end point of a series of similar misdemeanours or misconduct.

Either way it doesn't look good for Ibe and I would be pressing my agent to quickly find another club to join if he hasn't done so already.

Rightly or wrongly, I'm under the impression that, for someone "with mental health issues", lying in bed of a morning, dreading getting up and facing the day... facing other people... facing one's demons... and even, facing life itself... is not an overly uncommon occurrence?

Assuming also that DCFC were fully briefed and aware of Ibe's mental issues prior to signing him, I very much doubt this investigation is based merely on one occurrence of him being late for work.  

Also assuming DCFC are "Quite a decent and forward-thinking employer", I suspect that scenario would have actioned no more than a metaphorical arm around the shoulder, so one has to assume there is more to it, than a sole incident of being late for work?

I'm sorry... far too many assumptions there.  Shouldn't have posted!  

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Rightly or wrongly, I'm under the impression that, for someone "with mental health issues", lying in bed of a morning, dreading getting up and facing the day... facing other people... facing one's demons... and even, facing life itself... is not an overly uncommon occurrence?

Assuming also that DCFC were fully briefed and aware of Ibe's mental issues prior to signing him, I very much doubt this investigation is based merely on one occurrence of him being late for work.  

Also assuming DCFC are "Quite a decent and forward-thinking employer", I suspect that scenario would have actioned no more than a metaphorical arm around the shoulder, so one has to assume there is more to it, than a sole incident of being late for work?

I'm sorry... far too many assumptions there.  Shouldn't have posted!  

Ibe would have to have disclosed that he was suffering from a mental health condition when he joined the club if true, it would not be reasonable for an employer to make that assumption from secondary sources of information, the burden is on the employee to disclose this.

Notwithstanding the above Ibe would only be protected under the DDA or Equality Act now if Derby County did not make reasonable adjustments to accommodate his condition or that it was proven the club discriminated against Ibe regards one of these protected employment characteristics.

If one of these adjustments were for Derby to provide a personal alarm call for Ibe (if this indeed were the facts surrounding the case) then the club would be able to easily defend this if Ibe were then dismissed.

41 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In "normal" employment law it would be grotesque and utterly disproportionate to convene a disciplinary hearing into someone who has turned up late once for work.

Which leaves the 2 conclusions that Derby now want him out of the club or that the turning up late for work has been the end point of a series of similar misdemeanours or misconduct.

Either way it doesn't look good for Ibe and I would be pressing my agent to quickly find another club to join if he hasn't done so already.

With a previous poster mentioning his past misdemeanors I doubt that there'll be many takers, And agree with your post at the top concerning a disciplinary hearing.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ibe would have to have disclosed that he was suffering from a mental health condition when he joined the club if true, it would not be reasonable for an employer to make that assumption from secondary sources of information, the burden is on the employee to disclose this.

Notwithstanding the above Ibe would only be protected under the DDA or Equality Act now if Derby County did not make reasonable adjustments to accommodate his condition or that it was proven the club discriminated against Ibe regards one of these protected employment characteristics.

If one of these adjustments were for Derby to provide a personal alarm call for Ibe (if this indeed were the facts surrounding the case) then the club would be able to easily defend this if Ibe were then dismissed.

I've absolutely no idea what has gone on here, or indeed the details of Ibe's state of mind.  I don't even know whether there is a difference between "Mental health issues" and "Depression", and which, if either, relates to Ibe himself.

What I do know, however... from personal experience... is that "personal alarm calls" don't always work, when trying to rouse someone with depression.

Anyway... like I say... there's far too many assumptions and conjecture in my ramblings.  I'm not comfortable with that, so I'm keeping out of this thread from hereon in... just as soon as I've sent my best wishes to Jordon.  xxx

Archived