ibe to start sat?

RYRAM

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m gonna put it out there, I don’t think he will start for Derby this season in the league.....

Odd thing to put out there when the tweet that you posted says they hope to have him available for the first team after the international break 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Over 6 weeks since Ibe signed..... 

I’m gonna put it out there, I don’t think he will start for Derby this season in the league.....

Out of all the signings we’ve made, I think this is the strangest one going for me. I think we are living on a “past time” with this.....

Like to be proven wrong, but we all mocked the Kazim signing, at least he’s making match day squads....

Let's be honest, his welcome video was a little bizarre, he looked like I did after 3 months of lockdown (or Rooney), really surprised me that a young man trying to secure a contract had not kept himself fit.

Made me realise that he probably didnt have too many suitors and it was more a case that we were willing to give him a chance given his time with us.

It's a risk worth taking though, get him fit and firing and we have 1 hell of a player on our hands, but if his head has totally gone, we may never see that player.

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Over 6 weeks since Ibe signed..... 

Out of all the signings we’ve made, I think this is the strangest one going for me. I think we are living on a “past time” with this.....

Like to be proven wrong, but we all mocked the Kazim signing, at least he’s making match day squads....

Ibe has played in one U23 match and looked every bit special as he did when he last played for us. However, I think there is an argument that the first team aren't in the best of shape at the moment, and the mood is not so great, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're just trying to get Ibe to peak physical condition so that he can put his best foot forward from day one. Not struggle with fitness, then lose confidence and THEN lose his head. 

Whatever it takes so that we see the best Ibe on the pitch, we need to wait. Bobby Duncan is another one in a similar predicament. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

Odd thing to put out there when the tweet that you posted says they hope to have him available for the first team after the international break 

Not odd at all..... I’m just giving an opinion.

So bored of reading people calling him fat.

There's multiple videos on his instagram which prove otherwise. He is built. He's solid with the body type of Waghorn, or even Jozwiak who's also quite top heavy. Having that body type with his quickness and skills is what made him a £16m Premier League player.

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Not odd at all..... I’m just giving an opinion.

Kinda is odd when posted with the tweet, now had Cocu said I’m not sure when he would be ready I could understand.

Turns out he’s just ill and it’s not a fitness issue. 

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

There's multiple videos on his instagram which prove otherwise. He is built. He's solid with the body type of Waghorn, or even Jozwiak who's also quite top heavy. Having that body type with his quickness and skills is what made him a £16m Premier League player.

I think it's a combination of him being bigger than when he was last here (a 24 year old being bigger than an 18 year old ? shocking) and people looking for reasons as to him not playing.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wish I was as fat and unfit as Ibe ???

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFux1ytALZe/?igshid=acwj44rhhy3e

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Where did I suggest that? 

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

Did I quote you or something?

No, but he implication is there that is what I meant. You’re the one who mentioned saying you’ve seen “he’s fat” and it’s now turned into a Instagram frenzy to prove he isn’t.....

Im concerned by the fact that it will be pretty much 2 months after he’s signed we haven’t seen him anywhere near the squad yet. I hope this signing turns out to be a roaring success, but I’m not convinced.

As always, happy to have egg on my face.

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

No, but he implication is there that is what I meant. You’re the one who mentioned saying you’ve seen “he’s fat” and it’s now turned into a Instagram frenzy to prove he isn’t.....

Im concerned by the fact that it will be pretty much 2 months after he’s signed we haven’t seen him anywhere near the squad yet. I hope this signing turns out to be a roaring success, but I’m not convinced.

Think it’s in response to this post rather than anything you have written

36 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Get over yourself, this post is on this very page.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's be honest, his welcome video was a little bizarre, he looked like I did after 3 months of lockdown (or Rooney), really surprised me that a young man trying to secure a contract had not kept himself fit.

Made me realise that he probably didnt have too many suitors and it was more a case that we were willing to give him a chance given his time with us.

It's a risk worth taking though, get him fit and firing and we have 1 hell of a player on our hands, but if his head has totally gone, we may never see that player.

Think it’s a bit harsh to criticise the signing of Ibe based on his lack of appearances so far. We all knew when he signed that he was going to take a while to get match fit, he hadn’t trained in about 6 months!

It was always a bit of a risky signing to be fair as we don’t know whether he’ll regain his best form, but having seen what he’s capable of when fully firing, it’s a risk worth taking. He’ll be a class above if we can get him back playing at his peak. And anyway, he was signed for free and on a relatively short term 2 year deal, so it’s not like it’ll be a massive disaster if it doesn’t work out.

Its just unlucky that he’s ill at the moment, so we’ve had to push his next U23 game back. But it’s hardly that big a deal, if all goes well he should get 90 mins on Friday, and then be fully fit after the international break. One extra game without him is hardly that significant, especially with Jozwiak back fit - Ibe was always the bonus signing on the wing anyway, Jozwiak is the main new man there. 

The only negative I can see with the signing of Ibe is we got him but not a new striker. I’d argue a second winger wasn’t as Hugh priority as a new first choice forward. Once we signed Jozwiak that should have been our focus, if we couldn’t afford to sign both Ibe and a new ST.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Max Bird missed the last game also with "a health issue' (not Covid)" according to the OS interview with Cocu, so possibly someone else has been doing his rounds. 

I know Bird is young, but surely he isn't still delivering papers.  

Archived